Pre Season. Semi Pro.

Just wondering if anyone plays friendlies on certain days during pre season?

I am Chelmsford in a new save and never tryed to do training myself but thought I would give it a go. I noticed that the team trains on Wednesdays. But if you have a pre season game on a Thursday or Monday your Wednesday training gets canceled and the players have no training that week? It says rest a day after and Match prep the day before.

So just wondering if this means the players really dont follow your training that week? I have Fitness set to try and get them as fit as poss before the season starts but many of my pre season games are canceling the Wednesday training? wondered what other people do and if they have noticed this?

Pre-season with a Semi-Pro club is, in my opinion, extremely flawed in FM.

I had this little thing regarding match fitness with semi-pro clubs before.

I'm not sure if it's fixed/changed or not but regarding the issue i had with match fitness i was, amongst other things,

given the suggestion to have rest day before and/or after match day. Which was impossible as that was greyed out for me

as a semi-pro club.

I do not know exactly how it works at the moment, as i haven't been a semi-pro club in ages.

But if it is as before then you might have an issue at hand.

The game treating your club differently due to the fact that it's a semi-pro club and with less options for the player.

If the game then cancels the training before and after a pre-season game then that could explain a hell of a lot

regarding my own match fitness issues i had.

Yeah I saw your post and was reading it just now before I posted this up. I cant find anything in the online FM Manual about this issue of training being canceled every week due to when you have games scheduled. And looking at my planned future focuses it seems training is going on but the highlighted Wednesday training is showing where I have that 1 training session planned where I have no matches on Monday to Thursday that week. So really worried my team has only 1 training session before the season starts lol.

Saw something very interesting in this manual. http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/pre-season-preparation

It says do not do individual training focus pre season as it takes away time spent on Match prep and general training benefits. Which makes perfect sense. so I have taken all players off individual focuses. This should help with Fitness and match fitness and team cohesion.

Yeah I saw your post and was reading it just now before I posted this up. I cant find anything in the online FM Manual about this issue of training being canceled every week due to when you have games scheduled. And looking at my planned future focuses it seems training is going on but the highlighted Wednesday training is showing where I have that 1 training session planned where I have no matches on Monday to Thursday that week. So really worried my team has only 1 training session before the season starts lol.

1 training session before the season starts could become very interesting :D

The U16s i was coaching irl would kick your team's butt lol

Saw something very interesting in this manual. http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/pre-season-preparation

It says do not do individual training focus pre season as it takes away time spent on Match prep and general training benefits. Which makes perfect sense. so I have taken all players off individual focuses. This should help with Fitness and match fitness and team cohesion.

That is pretty interesting. It kind of throws in a tiny bit more confusion for me though as to what match fitness actually is in the game then.

As an individual training focus really shouldn't affect match fitness too much. I mean, it's MATCH fitness.

But it is something that could be worth trying to see if it works - when i'm with a semi-pro club again.

In another way i'm kinda screwed. I hate being in charge of training, match preparation and individual training focus and always leave that to my coaches and AM.

They will most definitely put my players on individual focused training regardless of what time of year it is.

I do wish a bit that we, as managers, could observe and learn from how the AI does things in order to understand some of the mechanics of the game.

You kinda do that irl as well. You learn by observing others (and of course your own experience and training). Of course it comes with a big risk. It might not be that the team(s)/manager(s) you're

observing is doing what's best for the players and thus you have picked the wrong "distant mentor".

Coaching badges could perhaps unlock some insight, with each badge, on what you have to do in order to do things the right way.

I mean, the less badges/licenses you have, the less qualified and the less you know.....technically.

Go on a course to try to achieve a certain license and the game presents you with how to deal with players and teams of that level.

Not everything of course but a general guideline. Could make the badges/licenses mean even a bit more than what it currently does.

But, i digress.

If i do get the chance to try what's in that manual i probably will. Just to see what impact it has for me.

Chelmsford City 1st team v an u16 team even if we only have 1 training session. I think I know who will win ;) We are playing 8 friendlies so im hoping I can get everyone match fit for the first game I will update you here. And yeah once season starts I may leave it to my AM. About to employ a great AM in Alan Mcleary. So will leave it down to him.

And great you manage a u16 team ;) I managed teams from u8-u15s over the last 20 years. Starting managing IRL when I was only 16. And even was a player manager for an adult team when I was 20 ;) This game defo got me in the mood to do this as a job in real life. Did all my coaching qualies and ref badges and everything. Looking to get back into over the next few years ands playing Fm15 has really re vitalized me and got the old bug back ;)

Yeah......i think Chelmsford could possibly scrape a victory there :D

Will be interesting and fun to see how the pre-season goes. Looking forward to the updates.

I don't manage anymore. Used to, when i was 18 years old. Did it for 2 separate seasons only. Once with girls and the other with boys.

Was 2 good seasons with success. But the most important part, for myself, was that it was a lot of fun and i learned quite a bit.

FM does get me into the mood of going back to the game again now and then. Would love to take it up again although i would probably

benefit from taking a few courses. Refereeing could be interesting as well. Tried it a few times but i absolutely suck as a ref :D

Not as bad as a friend of mine though who was in charge of my girls team's game once. An important local derby.

Told me later on in the evening that the other team's players had been so unhappy with him (they lost, and they really hate losing as they're supposed to be the best team)

that they were stoning him as he was starting up his moped :D

It's amazing what FM can do to you. Can really re-vitalize all the passion and energy that's dormant within.

Ah ok cool. Yeah I loved it but doing it for 20 years but after that long you need a break.

I have been asked to manage a Sunday team but I play Chess most weekends in tournaments all over the country and love that and not ready just yet to give it up. A few of my ex players who played for me when they was 12 play for them and would of been nice to manage them again but not ready just yet. And a year ago I was offered the job of a level 11 team Lawford Lads. But the distance was an issue and they was awful ;) Wanna keep my never losing an 11 aside game with a full team as manager up ;) Managed 4 seasons in 11 aside and won the league on every occasion.

Oh and on the match fitness thing it basically means how well they are alert and best chance of being on form and can hold there condition better and less chance of getting injured etc. Is that what you wanted to know about it?

Archived