New Player Role: CUSTOM

In the real world all player roles created by the managers as I know. But we dont have an option like that in FM. I mean, we can only select "previously created" roles... roles that created by other managers. As a manager, game should let me to create my own made player role too.

We cant select Hold Up Ball or Get Further Forward or Dribble More instructions for any DC role. Ok, Holding Up the Ball is not a good idea for a Central Defender but it can be a tactical choice of the manager even its so ridiculous and risky right? PPM's? No, they are not tactical, they are individual things. If I want my central defender(s) play like Lucio (gets forward whenever possible) I need to train him (them) to learn that move (gets forward whenever possible PPM) right? But I have to wait like 6 months and there is a possibility that he fail to learn. And I have to train all my defenders? And new transfers every season?

Custom Player Role (without limitations on player instructions) will let us to create our own made player roles. Raumdeuter, Wide Playmaker and Inverted Wing Back roles newly added to FM. But if there was a custom role, we could create and use these roles in FM14 too right?

Custom role is a good solution about tactical limitations I believe.

Custom Goalkeeper

Custom Defender

Custom Full/Wing Back

Custom Defensive Midfielder

Custom Midfielder

Custom Attacking Midfielder

Custom Winger

Custom Striker/Forward

The problem that I see with allowing full customisation of roles is that it's just a re-skinned slider model where the user can fine tune a role until they hit upon a combination of settings that exploits the match engine, tbh I have not found myself looking at my tactic & felt that I was lacking options in terms of how to use my players through roles, team & player instructions.

There is also the not insignificant matter of the AI, within a fully customisable role framework the AI cannot possibly be expected to create custom roles to compete with the human manager.

i believe that we will see major improvements in roles, some in direction OP is suggesting. we dont have them yet because the ME isn't ready for them. some of the stuff needs to be hardcoded (as inverted FB) because some behaviours can't be replicated in the ME yet. however, SI is working on that.

Archived