last_saved_rules.tmp problem

boonty

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem and I hope somebody will help me.

Yesterday, I was editing and I saved my fmf file directly from the editor to my USB key. This morning, I tried to connect my USB key on my computer and it was undetected. After a long time spent trying to figure out why, I came to the sad conclusion that myUSB key is dead, with my fmf file on it unreachable :(

However, in the editor data folder on my computer, there is a file named last_saved_rules.tmp. Same size, same save time that my fmf file on the dead USB key. I suppose that it is an automatic backup. But I wasn't able to load it in the editor after changing the file type (fmf, dbc, xml...).

Anyone knows if it possible to retrieve my data with this file ?

Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

What manipulation? As nie jem frytek suggested, turn on your editor. Generally when a tmp file is in the data editor folder, the editor (after loading the database) show you a window that says that modifications are identified, and ask to you if you want to load these modifications. Simply click "yes" in this window, and check if modifications that you have already done appears.

Sometimes a corrupted drive is not showed by the O.S. of your pc, but can be instead identified by some data recovery program. There are free tools like Recuva, that I used whith succes in some awkward situation but only to recover image files, I don't know if eventually will work to recover .fmf files correctly. But if you have done a lot of work maybe it can be an attempt useful to do.

Archived