Advice on replicating the Real Madrid BBC.....with erm, Brentford.

Hello there wise men of FM

I'd like some advice if you're of the mind. I'm what I consider to be a persistent FM hack, playing as Brentford at the moment with a wide 4123, pretty much as Llama recommends in his pairs manual.

GKD

WBL (A)

CDL (D)

CDR (D)

WBR (A)

DM (D)

CM (A)

DLP (S)

IFL (A)

CF (S)

IFR (A)

Ideally, I would like to, or envision, my front 3 playing a Championship version of what Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale were doing at Madrid last season. Benzema as a nominal focal point who enabled Ronaldo and Bale to steam in off the flanks and do most of the scoring (At least that was how I remember the front 3 functioning). The DLP in my system would be playing either of the IF's through or passing into the CF, and the CM (A) would be providing support in an advanced position

So, my question. What sort of PI's would you think should be used to try to replicate this intended pattern of play ?

Many thanks in advance and apologies if I've left out anything vital, I'm new to this forum.

Cheers

ABRT

First and foremost. Ancelotti played more of a asymetric 4-4-2 with RM last season. The team shape looked like a 4-3-3 but thats because Ronaldo ran the channels often.

Heres what I would lineup with

Control/Balanced

GK

WB(a)-CB-CB-WB(s)

------------REG------

-------BBM-----WP(a)

IF(s)-------SS--------

-------DLF(s)---------

WB - stay wider

SS - Roam

DLF - Move Into Channels, Roam

Now, what you want to set as your PI is in your court but for the TIs

Drop Deeper

Pass Into Space

More Direct

Much Higher Tempo

Play Wider

Play Out Of Defense

Exploit the Flanks

More help

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/05/27/real-madrid-4-1-atletico-madrid-aet-real-snatch-late-equaliser-at-end-of-cautious-first-90-minutes-before-becoming-rampant-in-extra-time/

First and foremost. Ancelotti played more of a asymetric 4-4-2 with RM last season. The team shape looked like a 4-3-3 but thats because Ronaldo ran the channels often.

Control/Balanced

GK

WB(a)-CB-CB-WB(s)

------------REG------

-------BBM-----WP(a)

IF(s)-------SS--------

-------DLF(s)---------

WB - stay wider

SS - Roam

DLF - Move Into Channels, Roam

Now, what you want to set as your PI is in your court but for the TIs

Drop Deeper

Pass Into Space

More Direct

Much Higher Tempo

Play Wider

Play Out Of Defense

Exploit the Flanks

More help

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/05/27/real-madrid-4-1-atletico-madrid-aet-real-snatch-late-equaliser-at-end-of-cautious-first-90-minutes-before-becoming-rampant-in-extra-time/

Thanks Mate, I appreciate the input.

Edit - Gave it a whirl in a couple of games and Griffin Park has never seen the like. Will see how it goes longer term. Cheers Bud :)

Control/Balanced

GK

WB(a)-CB-CB-WB(s)

------------REG------

-------BBM-----WP(a)

IF(s)-------SS--------

-------DLF(s)---------

For the front three I agree, but for the back four I don't think Real Madrid played this way. Marcelo played and still play almost like a winger so I'll set it as CWB instead of WB(s). And I think that the attacking mentality would suit best. But it's just my opinion, don't be offended mate

Archived