Trying to get form going (LLM)

Hi guys, I've been managing Ipswich Wanderers FC in the Eastern Counties League Premier since 2015/6 and I've not once gotten promoted :mad:. I'm trying to keep thesame tactics which have been working been 1st most of the season but keep conceding silly goals and keep on finishing like 5th or 8th last season (2018/19). It's really doing my head in, there is another thing I keep using the Counter with Standard setting but my players when they attack, they keep on kicking it back to the middle as I've been using the 4-3-3 formation with wide and crossing earlier :mad:. Any help please?

Can I ask what you are expecting from using the counter tactic? Are you playing with a deep defensive line? 4-3-3 really work unless you are playing lone striker up front in the lower leagues. Feel free to post some images of your tactics and formation and I'll try to help you out a little bit to tweak your tactics to be more attacking.

Can I ask what you are expecting from using the counter tactic? Are you playing with a deep defensive line? 4-3-3 really work unless you are playing lone striker up front in the lower leagues. Feel free to post some images of your tactics and formation and I'll try to help you out a little bit to tweak your tactics to be more attacking.

It's not the goals I'm having trouble with it's my team's defense mate

still makes a difference. You have almost a 3rd of your team up the pitch which means your light on players coming back to defend. Lone striker allows more players to come back to defence whilst holding the ball up and spear heading attacks, allowing those who came back to defend to move further up the pitch. LLM football is lots of going back and forth up the pitch rather than long stints of possession.

Also in LLM you are more likely to let in "silly goals" as the player quality is poor. It's easier to ensure you score more than your opponents than making sure you defence is rock solid. The mroe time you spend attacking with the ball means less time the AI has to attack you.

still makes a difference. You have almost a 3rd of your team up the pitch which means your light on players coming back to defend. Lone striker allows more players to come back to defence whilst holding the ball up and spear heading attacks, allowing those who came back to defend to move further up the pitch. LLM football is lots of going back and forth up the pitch rather than long stints of possession.

Also in LLM you are more likely to let in "silly goals" as the player quality is poor. It's easier to ensure you score more than your opponents than making sure you defence is rock solid. The mroe time you spend attacking with the ball means less time the AI has to attack you.

How do I post the jpeg's onto here?

Archived