But that's not the job I'm hiring for...

Post ads for several club positions after clearing house at the end of the year. Inbox item says I have 8 candidates for U-18 Head Coach. One of the candidates REALLY wants the U-18 Head Coach job. I click to offer him a contract and it says he wants the Head of Youth Development job. I change it to U-18 Head Coach and offer the job. He changes it back to HoYD. I change it back to U-18 HC and he pops up a red "I told you to make me a proper job offer and there's no point in continuing..." Thing is...I'm not LOOKING for a HoYD, and he responded to the ad as WANTING the U-18 job. And now the best likely candidates mad at me for interviewing him for the job he applied for.

Note: he wasn't asking for more money, he just apparently wanted to waste my time.

Yeah, this is extremely annoying.

Especially if you're managing in lower leagues, where there can be a very limited amount of interest.

Been like that for, at least, a couple of versions of FM, in my experience.

Think the problem and key words are "several club positions".

If you post ads for several positions, and staff are applying for more than just one position, i think that

the game can't distinguish the difference, even though they are applicants for, let's say, U18.

If they have put in an application for Head of Youth Development at the same time it seems like

the game reverts it to the applicant's favorable position, if you're trying to give him/her an offer

for U18.

Or something along those lines. That's just what i've gathered from my experience.

Very, very annoying.

Oh and players, on high wages, retiring and will continue as staff, can be a pain to get to sign staff contracts.

Even though they're interested and have applied, if they haven't retired as players yet.

Often, again in my experience, they seem to want player wages instead of staff wages.

Not all the time though.

Yeah, this is extremely annoying.

Especially if you're managing in lower leagues, where there can be a very limited amount of interest.

Been like that for, at least, a couple of versions of FM, in my experience.

Think the problem and key words are "several club positions".

If you post ads for several positions, and staff are applying for more than just one position, i think that

the game can't distinguish the difference, even though they are applicants for, let's say, U18.

If they have put in an application for Head of Youth Development at the same time it seems like

the game reverts it to the applicant's favorable position, if you're trying to give him/her an offer

for U18.

Or something along those lines. That's just what i've gathered from my experience.

Very, very annoying.

Yes, I'm in the 3rd level of the Swiss system, and I had one person come up as an applicant for goalkeeping coach, 1st team coach, and under-18 fitness coach - which would be fine, but his goalkeeping rating was a 3 and hit fitness coaching was a 1. Meanwhile, there's a whole slew of unemployed regional-level candidates who would rather remain on the dole than work for me.

Yes, I'm in the 3rd level of the Swiss system, and I had one person come up as an applicant for goalkeeping coach, 1st team coach, and under-18 fitness coach - which would be fine, but his goalkeeping rating was a 3 and hit fitness coaching was a 1. Meanwhile, there's a whole slew of unemployed regional-level candidates who would rather remain on the dole than work for me.

That one too. They'd rather just disappear into oblivion than lower their demands £25 a month and actually get something they want.

I certainly can't go higher thanks to my budget and a very stubborn board.

Very frustrating stuff at times.

Another thing is the high-rep staff that applies for your club. You might have a budget that stretches to £1k a month

but they still keep on demanding their £15k p/m. Several applicants.

If the demands are that high, why do they apply?

Surely they should, if not know, have an idea that a crap semi-pro club in Norway (where i seem to start off when going Sunday League Rep and unemployed) can cough up

that kind of money?!

So why do they apply?

Hopefully it'll be better when FM16 is out.

Archived