International duty and availability

Its 22nd October in 2017 and one of my midfielders is on International duty with Cameroon. I' wanted to pick him for our next game and notice that he is not returning from International duty for another month! I take a look at Cameroons fixtures thinking that maybe it's some kind of tournament I wasn't aware of, explaining why he is not available for a month.

http://screencast.com/t/raxjoJQ5bD

Here you can see that in fact Cameroon don't have a game for another month, which takes place in November, so why would he not be available for me until 18th November? Maybe he is travelling by car from Cameroon back to London?!?!?! :confused:

http://screencast.com/t/4b4gMglL5mq

Anyone else have this issue?

I had it a while ago but I believe it was sorted in the patch, so there's two things here;

1. Either you're just unlucky to experience this as that competition would already have been set-up before the patch had a chance to fix your game and it should be ok for all future tournaments.

2. Or that kind of competition fix only works on new games and you'll have this problem in the future too if you carry on with that save.

I don't know which one of those two answers is right, but one of them is :)

I'm under the impression that it broken that way for the life of the save, but the competitions that it happens for are only CAF qualifiers and OFC qualifiers (which leave people on international duty for much longer), and as such, it will happen once every 4 years. Basically, it's like a bad injury you know is coming.

Oh cr*p hmmm ok. Well in that case if it's every 4 years I need to plan ahead of time for this....and act as if it's a tournament taking place for those guys it affects!

That's just the impression given by the staff when I asked after the patch was released. Who knows, maybe for the next world cup cycle it'll be fixed, though I doubt it.

Archived