why can't you adjust budget because you did it before- very unrealistic surely

i can understand why boards might not let you have complete control of your money but when you adjust your budget for a reason, then need to adjust it back, and it doesnt let you, its like a big flash up "this is a game" as its so unrealistic.

im celtic. im in january of my first season. the board are happy enough with the money that they gave me another 4.8 million to spend. i haven't even spent a penny of it.

i have offered guidetti, who's on loan but contract at man city running out, a contract offer. nothing controversial, what he asked for 18.5k, only haggling was the sell on clause, he wanted 6.5m i wanted 15m, he agreed.

but i was trying to get a player from chelsea on loan and the negotiation screen kept saying i could only offer 0 for wages, he's on 35k chelsea wanted 100% but maybe it could be negotiated. the board said i could make any changes to my budget, so i wacked the slider all the way to the left to get the most wages, and it still said i could only offer 0 so i walked away.

next news up, haven't got the money to pay for guidetti's transfer, the only cost is 135k for agent, i have plenty of cash but my slider is up to mental amount of wages and 6 pounds transfer fee. all i have to do surely is reverse it.

but i can't because the board say i can't change it again so soon !!!!

this is mental. the board were happy to give me 4.8 m, whether they agreed with me trying to get the chelsea player or not is neither here nor there, nothing finanically has changed in the last few clicks of the mouse, i can imagine if my club owners was a 90 year old stubborn man but this is a plc. its clearly the right thing to do to sign guidetti but i can't.

I thought the board would allow you to make the necessary adjustment to the budget at the last minute to allow the transfer to go through?

The only time I've not seen that option is when I didn't have enough money for the transfer even after making adjustments.

you would have thought so but no.

id forgottten (not that it makes it any more realistic) that i was in the process of buying a player for 1.2 million. now id understand it if they hadnt allowed me to move the slider in the first place as it would clearly stop me from making this transfer but to stop me moving it back doesnt make any sense.

basically i had to wait until i'd walked away from both guidetti and Punecs transfers, then move the slider back, make offers again, and now one day later guidetti wants more money 21k rather than 18.5k and will only accept a 10m minimum release instead of 15m. waiting to see if punch's club will accept the same offer, they are chewing over it.

not worth starting another thread about my next moan, scott brown, his contract is up in 6 months. i was negotiatiing a new contract because i hadnt realised that i had an option anyway to automatically extend by one year. so press the activate extension button. now every press conference is about whether we are going to offer him another contract, when he's now tied up for 18 months !

Did you try cancelling your other pending transfer first? That sounds like the only thing stopping your board from adjusting your budget to make the Guidetti transfer go through (assuming you could afford it).

Other than making a contract offer, the slider becomes irrelevant provided you have the overall budget to cover the total cost.

Did you try cancelling your other pending transfer first? That sounds like the only thing stopping your board from adjusting your budget to make the Guidetti transfer go through (assuming you could afford it).

Other than making a contract offer, the slider becomes irrelevant provided you have the overall budget to cover the total cost.

i didnt as id forgot about it, but surely i shouldn't have to. both pending transfers both needed me to have transfer cash, which i had tons of. i had 4.8 million plus spare wages, and i needed 1.2 million for puncec, and 130k for guidetti, but my slider was set to maximum wages and 6 quid cash. for both transfers i had plenty of money if i could move the slider so why did i have to cancel both transfers before i could move it?

Report it as a bug if you definitely had enough money.

Do you have a save game from before the deal fell through?

nope thought i did but its saved after it.

dont actually think its a bug as such, its a decision of the game makers that you can't move your slider around too much, and if you aren't allowed to move it, then no matter how much money you have, if theres not enough in your transfer budget you can't sign a player

Archived