That moment when your joke tactic performs well and you question everything you know about FM.

I have a save going where I use the in-game-editor to make a balanced team with more rounded players with CA ranging from 140-160 specifically to test tactics in the Bundesliga, so this isn't exactly an "in-the-wild" test. Nonetheless, my "serious" tactics have not performed as dominantly in this league as this tactic has in the two matches I've played with it. I don't know what to make of it.

Without further ado, I give you: The Hessian Pancake Haus: 1-1-2-3-2-1 Sweeper Wing Back (or alternatively 2-2-3-3, 2-2-3-2-1, 2-5-3, or 4-3-3, etc.)

SNIP!

MwUPAOZ.png

yD0o804.png

The moral of the story is "If you do weird stuff, weird stuff can happen".

The FM Match Engine is designed around FM's own interpretation of football logic, and that system is not logical. At the moment, FM15 suffers from issues with Advanced Attack Duty defensive phase positioning, which this system takes advantage of. Defensively I'd be flabbergasted if you don't get torn a new one sooner or later, but you may also be benefiting from the depth of Defend Duty CM / DM players in defensive phases too. Two games is too small a sample to get excited about, would be interesting to see what happens when you play against a decent side with one or two Attack Duty players in the AMC and ST lines.

Archived