Wage issue?

Im currently playing as Hull and there seems to be a wage issue. I can't offer players new contracts for some reason. I bought a few players and I was able to offer them the wages they wanted but now offering my own teams player higher wages isn't possible. Maximum is suddenly 110 p/w. 8ADC18A9D093ABB67DA14D23F8DC246F44532BFB

Why are you offering a contract to a player who has three years left on his current one?

Given his wages you are also getting fairly close to your wage budget limit and I suspect you have other contract offers outstanding that haven't been signed yet which will eat more into your budget.

He kept complaining about wanting a new contract. He is now unhappy and the whole team is complaining because I didn't offer him a new contract.

I have some open offers but they are no more than 150k total. I also offloaded 4 players with a total of 120k wage. All transfers will be when the new transfer market opens.

That should be enough to offer this guy a contract.

The wage budget isn't that black & white, just because you have £50k left doesn't mean you can spend it all on one player. The board understand that by upping the contract of one player the rest of the squad will want improved contracts as well which would take you over the budget.

As for the player in question and the team you are, honestly you are going to have to bite the bullet. Long term you won't be able to keep him, he wants five times his current wage after five international apps which you simply can't afford atm. The best you can do is try to keep hold of him and make use for the next 1-2 seasons. If you manage to get into Europe by then you might be able to afford to keep him longer otherwise you'll probably need to cash in and sell him.

You also have a secondary issue now though to deal with which is a bigger issue in the short term with the squad being unhappy that you failed to offer him a new deal.

I did managed to get in Europe for 3 years. Europa League, I convinced my players that we can qualify Champions League this year because we ended up 1 point behind number 4th and 2 behind number 3rd. How do I deal with all those players? They wont listen to me whatever I tell them. I have unhappy Davide Santon now because I didn't let him join Liverpool. They offered me 10% of his value and have 4 players in his position... Why would they event want him.

Archived