Brazilian players drafted into the MLS

In my current game I feel that this is becoming an issue. Every year there are 12-18 Brazilian players who are draft eligible in the MLS draft. About 30-40% of these eventually become American citizens. I am six years into my game and the US national team now has four Brazilian born players playing on it because of dual citizenship. 2 of these have over 190 PA (this part I will admit is luck)

The U-20 side has three more including one with a PA over 160.

I saw this in my beta game as well. I only got four years into that save but I saw IIRC three Brazilian players were on the US national team by 2018.

Has anyone else seen this in their game? Or feel that is could be an issue to be looked at?

It's not inconceivable. If America want to make strides in football, they'll probably have to further exploit dual citizenship, and they are doing in real life now. However, this case doesn't seem quite right - surely a Brazilian player, whether he has dual citizenship or not, would usually decide to play for his mother country if he is a potential superstar rather than the USA, where his prospects are presumably less. I know it isn't as simple as that though, and Diego Costa is an obvious example of the opposite, but then he was going to play for the reigning World and European Champions, so arguably a step up, or at least sideways.

Archived