It's definitely my tactics...

Since the game changed from FM11 to FM12 I have not been able to get to grips with the tactics. Before it was a simple case of deciding how you wanted to play, choosing your players, signing better players and eventually becoming the greatest human being that has ever lived. But since the game has changed I have failed to grasp how to come up with a decent tactic in order to play, I have posted on the forums and have received plenty of useful advice but it still has not been enough for me to be able to come up with a tactic I am happy will work. By work, I do not mean smash everyone 5-0-work, by work I mean I will not get smacked 1-5 by Roma at home not knowing why my team is playing like absolutes *****.

Over the last few years I have taken to using plug and play tactics, this does not fill me with the same sense of enjoyment I would have when I was telling the teams I managed to play 'my' way. The purpose of this thread is to primarily help me write down all of my findings and slowly work out how to come up with tactics that are feasible and that will eventually lead to promotions and titles. In addition to this, I hope it will give people that do not have a clue what is going on a step by step guide showing how to see where tactics can go wrong and how to address them. Finally, it will also give the opportunity for anyone else reading to chime in and say "the reason why you are conceding so many is because you have your MC running around like a ******* as a BWM".

The main basis for the creation of tactics will be this article: http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/fm-2015-tactics-guide-create-tactic/

I read that thinking to myself, "it is so ****ing simple! of course I can do this" knowing full well I will be tearing my hair out as I get sacked from my first job.

Fingers crossed, hopefully things will go well. I shall post the early stages later on this afternoon.

Good luck with this :)

I'd be a bit sceptical with that guide you posted as well, there is a hell of a lot of information in that, that doesn't sit right for me. There's a lot of bad advice in it imo.

You should just have a general idea in your head before hand of how you want to play and work from that, it can be either real life influenced or just an idea you have. Then at least you have a starting point and an end goal, the rest will be working towards that then. It's not hard if you simply things. Also don't take much notice of guides or posts where people might say you 'have to do this or have to do that' etc. If a guide is telling you to do that, no matter how good you may think it is then its not a guide. It's something that is forcing you to think a specific way rather than allowing you to make your own choices. Instead you want to focus on your own ideas and thoughts and learn that way rather than what someone tells you that you should do.

A good example of this is a thread I created here;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403153-Building-A-Tactic-From-The-Beginning-And-Maintaining-It-Long-Term

That will be useful as its making you aware of the tools you have and is more focused on helping you make your own informed choices when it comes to tactic creation. It challenges your thinking behind the settings you might choose or the roles. Nothing is impossible but it all depends on a few things explained in the linked thread.

Thanks for the comment - Great thread you have going there. I will definitely be taking some of those ideas on board. "Main basis" was perhaps the wrong choice of words for the article I added, but it will be the starting point for me. I have found that I can't simply set up my players to play a certain way if they are not suited to it, so the idea will be to create something that will get the best out of what I have.

Game has just arrived so I am going to get involved!

Archived