Scouting setup

When you take over a team, do you have any preference on what your scouts do? Do you 'gut' the scouting staff and replace them? If so, do you hire scouts with good stats or do you hire scouts who are not as good but already have a vast font of knowledge? Recently, I started a new save on FM14 and completely gutted my scouting setup. The scouts I brought in didn't have the worlds best stats but they had 'traveled' so my scouting knowledge increased a vast amount. I'm just curious as to what you guys do with your scouting setup.

Why do you care about scouting knowledge?

I always hire the best stats, 20/20 preferably, regardless of knowledge.

I found that knowledge was a detriment - if someone has high knowledge of Brazil and I send him to scout Brazil, he comes back 2 days later saying that he can't do any more work there. And I anyway end up sending him somewhere where he has no knowledge.

I have never had anyone come back to say they can't do anymore work there. I was always under the impression that knowledge affected the number of players visible in the player search. I usually go for best stats but, as this would be my last save on FM14, I decided to try something different.

Archived