tactical help wanted

I am a newbie at FM14.

My save has gone very well so far. I am the manager of Spurs &in my 5th season having completed the quadruple (EPL, FA, Capital One & Europa) in the last season.

After my last season I have shipped out a few of my stars & bought in new ones. Because I have had a pretty drastic change I feel that I should ditch my old ones & create new ones.

I have played a couple of matches already having beat Chelsea on penalties to win the Charity Shield (for the third time in a row!) & destroyed Bayern in the Euro Super Cup.

Although it seems like the tactics are working I am still unsure about my tactical ability as a manager & would like some advice on the tactics.

If anybody can help me out I have uploaded my save to mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bo7rqoavijcckj).

The '4-1-3-1-1Alternative' tactic is what I am planning to use for most games. The '4-1-2-3Alternative' tactic is what I am planning to use against the much weaker team & may switch from the '4-1-3-1-1Alternative' in match if it looks like we are dominating but not scoring. Lastly the '4-1-2-2-1Alternative' was last seasons most used tactic.

Also if you would like to give me advice in all other areas in FM14 that'll be great!

I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

James

James, to be honest, you will probably get far more help if you just use the thread here to post your tactical information. Inclusion of screen shots is always welcome. When you say you are unsure of your ability, be specific about the sorts of things that suspect or have noticed that are wobbly about your setup. For other information pertaining to tactics and training that isn't detailed you can use the stupid questions thread . General FM help outside the tactics and training realm should go to their appropriate fora, so we can keep the threads in here focused in the right direction.

Archived