Chinese Super League squad registration

GZjai

Hi there, new to the forums but been playing FM for quite a while now. Just lately playing with the Chinese Super League and there is something that bothers me very much, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to fix it.

The problem I have is that the squad registration rules allow for a maximum of 5 foreign players, while the match rules allow for no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11, and no more than 3 non-Asian foreign players in the first 11. In real life, I understand that the teams that do sign foreigners to the extent would usually have 4 non-Asian foreigners and an Asian foreigner in the team. One thing to note here, the CSL does not require a squad registration like the English Premier League or UEFA Champions League where you have to in/out your roster. I am pretty sure foreigners are the only rules here as you are allowed unlimited domestic players.

The thing that bugs me is that while players out on loan do not seem to count towards the limit of five, players that will leave in the upcoming transfer window DO count. Since the transfer window begins June 18 in the Chinese league, I had agreed to sell one of my players to a Brazilian team in May, and the player would join the Brazilian team on June 20 since that was when the transfer window opened in Brazil. A week later, I agreed to bring in an Argentinean for the June window, and terms were all agreed. On June 18, I was informed that the deal was rejected as I am only allowed five foreigners, and I didn't even have the option to delay the deal for a week (I have seen this option on occasions). I really only needed to delay it by two days to free up the roster spot, but I had to offer a new contract again.

What I am wondering is it possible to change the competition rules to get rid of how squad registration currently works, and make it how it works for the EPL and UEFA CL with the in/out list. That way, at the start of the transfer window, I am not limited to five foreigners, and can hold over five foreigners (in this case six). I would then "out" the outgoing player from my squad registration, and "in" the incoming Argentinian after the outgoing player left.

I hope what I am saying is clear, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to tackle this, much thanks in advance!

had a quick look and loaded A rules for the league and its fixture rule 0 you need to edit for the comp:D

Thank you very much kind sir! I went into the editor before and that was precisely where I got lost, since there are rules 0-18. I have managed to change the foreigner rules... I'm a happy man now. Thanks again!

EDIT: Wondering if this only takes into effect if I start a new game... or is there a way for me to change the league rules using the new editor files in my current game? I also notice there are options for Foreign Players in Match Squad, Foreign Players in First 11, and Foreign Players Except Asian in First 11... but no option for Foreign Players Except Asian in Match Squad, which is a rule in real life.

glad to help, but it will only work on a new save

Thanks, I guess it's no big deal to start over. I'm a few years in already, so I will likely post my new adventure with the modified rules here on the forums. Do you happen to know how to set a limit for Foreign Players Except Asian in Match Squad?

Archived