Gimnàstic Fantastic - The invasion of Spain begins.

Nadessico

WMLJWvq.png

Gimnàstic de Tarragona S.A.D

bipm8Vm.png

Gimnàstic de Tarragona - This is still Football Manager right?

The club was founded in 1886, as a result being listed as one of the oldest football clubs in Spain. It has teams competing in athletics, basketball, tennis, gymnastics, table tennis and futsal, but did not actually form a football team until 1914, with the side enjoying a three-year La Liga spell in its beginnings (1947–50).

So yes, despite the name it's not a random Gymnastic club. Infact they were once a La Liga Club, with their best run being after World War 2 from 1947-50. They returned to the top flight in 2006/7 before starting a slow decline back to liga segunda B. My job is to get them back to La Liga and maybe on to even bigger things.

EughLif.png

2tcL0tw.png

cKWADOb.png

Nou Estadi

ieQtvoO.jpg

A0CFhwN.png

Not surprising for an Ex La Liga Club, it has a fairly big stadium for a team in it's division. It's facilities on the other hand a completely different story.

Finances

Transfer Budget: 0

Wage Budget: £17,596 (16,458

Balance: £1,915,137

Projected Balance: £3.64 Mil

The Plan

Kind of obvious from the title i'm hoping this will be a 1 club career. Lower league football is different from a decent setup like the one i'm use to at Everton. Add into that I've never played in the Spanish league on any FM what so ever could make this a rather difficult career indeed.

Following, I've been to Tarragona, happened to be there on a day that was a festival after a long bus ride through flooded areas (first rains in two years, it rained solidly for two days). In the main square there was a mass of people and they were building really tall human pyramids with little kids scrambling up, really fantastic to watch, great atmosphere. For some reason, have followed Tarragona ever since, though everyone else calls them Gimnastic!

Cheers for the well wishes guys. Sorry for the long wait too

;)

WMLJWvq.png

Pre-season

Well the reason this first update took so long was because i had to reload 3 times just for pre-season Originally because i couldn't find a new tactic that suited spanish football and my squad and secondly i should really learn the rules of the division i'm managing in :D (the whole B team and only having 20 outfield players really threw me off.)

Matches wise, the first 4 were setting up the tactic and getting an idea of the squad, in the end i went back to what i know best with my 4-2-3-1 wide formation from my early Everton days. As we took shape and shifted focus to fitness, the results started to come in. The issue now is that i don't have full fitness going into the league.

Y4pSKDw.png

Transfers

cWG3sD7.png

Alejandro Zamora - CB (Free) - No matter what tactic i used, the main need was a CB and a Veteran one in that. With a board not willing to give me cash or accept in loan player i ended up having to use the free market

Alvaro Gonzalez - AMC (Free) - With the 4-2-3-1 formation i needed to bring in a player who could play behind the striker. Again the lack of funds meant having to settle for 4th choice.

The Squad

QrlX2Ef.png

WMLJWvq.png

Segunda B3

Well this could have gone better 6 games 3 wins, 3 losses, It doesn't help i'm already 3 key players down with injuries either. Annoyingly when we're good, we are good, and when we're bad, i want to hang myself :D

The main thing we need to cut out is conceding from set pieces, every other goal seems to come from one. But at least we're only 5 points off the top at the moment

t3SrpNB.png

2b5O024.png

Copa Del Rey

We did have a good start to the cup though and after a 3-0 win thanks mainly to their defense we play fellow Segunda B side Albacete in the 3rd round

kEwEHb9.png

• 2 weeks later...

WMLJWvq.png

Gimnàstic de Tarragona S.A.D - October 2013

Segunda B3

The team started to return from injury, Querol started losing form so i decided i was going to switch to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which so far is unbeaten which will do me nicely. By the end of the month we've made our way into a playoff spot though we are still 5 points behind the leaders

hUMEY1s.png

Yg4N3bE.png

Copa Del Rey

Unfortunately with the injuries, i had to play a weak squad to rest players meaning our cup run was rather short lived.

PCpMJmp.png

Archived