Financial Fair Play assistance (with screen shot)

Hiya

Looking for some assistance regarding the Financial Fair Play.

I'm managing Crawley Town FC in League 1

The monthly report says that I am spending £16,986 per week

My maximum allowed is £28,645 per week

A surplus/(Deficit) of £11,759

OK so I am playing within the rules!

I then take a look at my monthly finance report and I see that my current player weekly wage amount is £27,455

So now I'm a little confused. :rolleyes:

The FFP report saying £16,986 per week and within the maximum allowed - but the Financials show I am spending £27,455 per week.

I have attached a link to a screen shot:

http://screencast.com/t/MDftpX8fs8b

I'm sure there's a reason for this, or that I am missing something. Any advice would be welcome!

I'm not 100% but I know for sure that the £27,455 isn't just the basic wages of the players.

When you offer a contract on the bottom right there is a "Wage Budget Allocation" figure for that contract which is wages + a figure to represent the various bonuses you offer. This is the figure used for the wage budget and is your £27,455.

I don't know what figure the FFP calculation uses, its possible it might only include basic wage, its possible some players are excluded but it certainly seems to use a different calculation to the wage budget.

Thanks for the replies.

Without understanding how they calculate the FFP, how are we suppose to manage our team and be sure we stay within the FFP boundaries?

Do we just "ignore" it and as long as we stay within our clubs maximum wage limit then we should be OK?

Archived