A hitchhikers guide to Europe, one country at a time

Preve

europe-map-countries-capital-high-resolution.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to my European Tour where I plan on just hitchhiking from the East of Europe to the West (starting in Portugal and ending in Russia) as much as I can I would like to cross over one border into the neighboring country but I know this may not always be possible as I could get trapped (for instance I would have to do Portugal-Spain-Gibraltar-Spain-Andorra-France, instead I am doing Portugal-Gibraltar-Spain-Andorra-France)

I'll load 2 nations at a time starting with Portugal and Gibraltar and as I complete a country I shall remove that country and load the next one. I understand that I will not be able to complete this before the release of FM15, but it'll be a fun journey nevertheless!

Sporting_Espinho.png

Sporting Clube de Espinho, also known as Sporting de Espinho, is a Portuguese sports club from the city of Espinho, Aveiro district. The club has departments in volleyball - Sporting de Espinho (volleyball), and handball - Sporting de Espinho (handball) that usually compete in the major Portuguese top leagues, and also football, swimming, futsal and athletics departments.

Founded in 1914, it is one of the most historic and oldest clubs in Portugal with over 90 years existence. SC Espinho men's football team currently play in the Portuguese Second Division Zone Center and in the previous season 2007/08 they finished 2nd but lost out in the play offs for promotion. The team made the semifinals of the then-national cup, the Campeonato de Portugal, in 1925, their highest round to date. They currently play their home games at Estádio Comendador Manuel Violas in Espinho and their current chairman is Rodrigo Nunes dos Santos and their manager is Filó. SC Espinho have also played in the Portuguese First Division playing 11 seasons from 1975 to 1997.

In Football Manager

13Xib0p.png?1

pZw4hmV.png?1

gANvgwz.png?1

The squad has some big weaknesses and many of them are poor strikers, for the majority of the career I shall be implementing smp20's tried and tested strikerless tactic. I'll be getting rid of the deadwood and try to find decent replacements.

Key Players:

pc1QL00.png

by2hNnU.png

p0cOY0b.png?1

Sporting_Espinho.png

Mid Season 2013/14

6pPAm5P.png?1

C3GmQO9.png?1

A very close opening stage where we had a dip in form and almost lost out on a place in the Promotion Stage, a win in the last game scraped us into the promotion stage.

YXWa3vY.png?1

Taca de Portugal

P903Ef8.png?1

A good couple of wins, but utterly demolished by Braga in the 4th Round!

Four red cards in the same game! Not sure how you made it out of that one without any injuries. Well done on making it into the promotion stage too.

Me either, I'm even more amazed we didn't score anything after their players were getting sent off!

Espinho - Portugal - National Championship - D - 2013/14

So my first season as a manager, with a team who were predicted to be relegated, how did I do?

League Table

League Positions Graph

Promotion! I expected it to take a couple of seasons at least but somehow we got promoted, now the job will be to stay in the Second League and not come straight back down.

Taca de Portugal - We did well to make it too the 4th Round but we were thrashed 7-1 by Braga.

Squad - A 21 man squad but it did the job, being much better than expected and going up to the Second League!

Transfers - A complete change around in the squad was needed and that was what I did, the results were great.

Key Players

Nuno Pedro - My first ever signing, and he became the best player with by far the highest rating and scored 24 in 36.

Tiago Macieira - The man between the sticks, got the 2nd highest average rating out of the whole squad.

Carlao - A rock at the back, very solid.

Gazela - Retraining him so he can play AMC, Gazela was the supplier of the majority of goals with 17 assists this season.

Season |   Team   |   Nation   |       League        |  League Finish  | Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Campeonato Nacional |       1st       | Promoted

Sporting_Espinho.png

2014/15 Pre-Season

3PFAKqU.png?1

This season we are by far and away the favourites to get relegated which leaves me a little bit nervous to say the least.

sffS5QG.png?1

s6V41oa.png?1

Again our Pre-Season was awful...

7puituD.png?1

uITL04A.png?1

Key Signings

KAh8N1l.png

Nffuz2H.png

VMW1VUL.png

Sporting_Espinho.png

Mid Season 2014/15

lwbsskm.png?1

dV3Oz6m.png?1

We're doing very well for the complete favourites for relegation as we are sitting pretty in 3rd whilst we also have the 3rd lowest salary in the league!

Taca de Portugal

a7tzHj7.png?1

We didn't do as well this season but we did fall to another 'Big 4' club in losing 4-0 to Porto..

Taca da Liga

sW8ro95.png?1

We are, however, still in this cup and we've managed to avoid all of the big 4 in Portugal so we could have a shot at progressing even though it isn't likely.

Espinho - Portugal - Liga2 Cabovisao - 2014/15

Again we were relegation favourites, so what does that translate too?

League Table

League Positions Graph

Another promotion! Estoril won by a clear 8 points but we've broken the record for the amount of goals scored with 102, and that's all with a strikerless tactic!

Taca de Portugal - As I said earlier, we made it to the 3rd Round losing to Porto.

Taca da Liga - An astonishing run here as we made it through all the group stages and astonishingly we beat Braga 3-1 in the Semi-Final, we unfortunately lost to Benfica to the same scoreline in the Final.

Squad - A decent little hard working squad, hopefully I'll be given some money to go a big overhaul for the Premier League.

Transfers - A big overhaul with no money spent, it worked out very well though.

Key Players

Tony Ribeiro - Our topscorer with 21 in 36.

Tiago Macieira - Again the goalkeeper got a very high average rating even though we conceded over 70 goals.

Bruno Mestre - Strong performances from the defender.

Season |   Team   |   Nation   |       League        |  League Finish  | Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Campeonato Nacional |       1st       | Promoted
2014/15|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Liga2 Cabovisao     |       2nd       | Promoted

This is where I need your help, it's now June 2016, I'm still unemployed but I've gotten a job offer from Lincoln in the Gibraltarian Premier Division, what should I do, should I wait for a club in Portugal and try and win the Liga ZON SAGRES or should I go into Gibraltar and then Spain after?

640px-Lincoln_Red_Imps_Official_Logo_2013-14.jpg

Lincoln Red Imps FC is an amateur football club from Gibraltar. They play in the Gibraltar Premier Division, and share the Victoria Stadium with all other clubs in the territory. They are the country's record champion with 20 league titles, the last 12 of which have been consecutive, and in 2014 were the first team to represent Gibraltar in the UEFA Champions League.

This football club was first formed in 1976 by Charles Polson and managed by Charles Head. A group of players associated to the old Police youth team called the "Blue Batons" and complemented by players that had been released by Glacis United and St Jago's joined forces to form the first Lincoln team that played in the Gibraltar fourth division as a youth team. When this Lincoln team became old enough to play Senior Football, it was decided to enter this young team into the GFA second division. The team started to climb to the top in the second division in the season 1981–82 winning the league, the division cup and gaining promotion to the GFA’s first division after only one season. The next year Lincoln finished in mid table in the first division. The season 1983–84 Lincoln won the league and promotion to the Gibraltar Premier Division.

In 1984–85 Lincoln played their first season in the Gibraltar Premier Division in which they were joint champions with Glacis United – the first of seven league titles which were won between 1984 and 1994.

Licoln won 12 Gibraltar Premier Division titles in a row from 2003 to 2014, bettering the previous record of nine in a row held by Glacis United in the 1960s. They also won the national treble of League, Rock Cup and Senior Cup in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2011.

In 2014, after Gibraltar had joined UEFA as 54th member, Lincoln became the first team of Gibraltar to play in the UEFA Champions League. After claiming a 1–1 draw in the home match, they lost 5–2 at Faroese team HB and were eliminated in the first qualifying round.

PlThqOE.png?1

5tdVlqC.png?1

Squad

Wj4A57u.png?1

Key Players

4YWPda9.png

IAb2EYh.png

nAp9HEq.png

I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of Gibraltarian players and would be surprised if I didn't win the league within a couple of seasons.

ZJv6MVi.png?1

I've also removed the Portuguese Leagues and added Spain down to the Primera Catalana (5th Division)

2014/15|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Liga2 Cabovisao     |       2nd       | Promoted
2015/16|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Liga ZON SAGRES     |      15th       | Resigned in Jan

640px-Lincoln_Red_Imps_Official_Logo_2013-14.jpg

Mid-Season 2016/17

l9pLSZs.png?1

XUoqtIw.png?1

Well, how about that then, our top scorer Nicky Jeyvons broke the league scoring record after just 4 games, we've almost got the league wrapped up already, I couldn't have asked for a better bounce back after resigning from Espinho!

Unlucky in Portugal but I was fearful for you when I saw the transfers. Not good enough for that level even though you had zero money :/

Great stuff in Gibraltar, hope you can move to Spain soon!

Unlucky in Portugal but I was fearful for you when I saw the transfers. Not good enough for that level even though you had zero money :/

Great stuff in Gibraltar, hope you can move to Spain soon!

Yea those transfers probably aren't going to be a high point of the career, shame really as I wanted to do better there, at least things in Gibraltar are going a lot more swimmingly, I should have an update up in the next 30 minutes!

Lincoln (GIB) - Gibraltar - Gibraltarian Premier Division - 2016/17

League Table

League Positions Graph

A near perfect season, just the one draw and the only team to finish with a positive goal difference! I'll stay for the Champions League at the start of next season and after that I'll be job hunting in sunny Spain.

Gibraltarian Premier League Cup - Winners, we also got our biggest ever win in the group stage with a 7-1 win over College Europa, we beat Lions Gibraltar 4-0 in the Final.

Rock Cup - Winners, 17 goals in just 4 games including a 7-2 win over Cannons in the Quarter Final, we beating Sporting (GIB) 4-2 in the Final.

Squad - A remarkably good squad domestically, will give them a little run out and see how they fare in the Champions League.

Transfers - All backups.

Key Players:

George Cabrera - Top scorer, 31 goals in 23 appearances!

Nicky Jevons - 24 goals in 21 appearances!

Liam Clarke - 14 assists and 9 goals.

2015/16|  Espinho |  Portugal  | Liga ZON SAGRES     |      15th       | Resigned in Jan
2016/17|  Lincoln |  Gibraltar | Premier Division    |       1st       | Champions

CD_Binissalem.png

Club Deportivo Binissalem is a Spanish football team based in Binissalem, in the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands. Founded in 1914 it plays in Tercera División, holding home games at Estadio Miquel Pons, which holds 2,000 spectators.

zjruZ2y.png?1

uJA0Qxg.png?1

elXO7Mc.png?1

The squad is in the midst of an injury crisis as you can see...

Key Players:

Uhb1rcH.png

wEy9WC7.png

AIVYukz.png

zwzDxq2.png?1

We're currently in 10th, we're predicted to finish in 3rd and are spending £800 p/w over our budget.

And here's our stadium:

Binissalem100611a.jpg

Archived