Sweeper Keepers on (attack) duty.

Those of you who have used them, do you think that they have been watered down? What I mean is do they come out of the penalty area often enough and far enough to replicate what we are seeing in real-life sweeper-keepers?

I suppose we have to remember that the settings for SK(a) were set in stone before Lloris had his impressive season at Spurs last season and certainly before Neuer took it to another at the World Cup. Even without these high profile examples though, it's actually more common-place than you would think. Graham Stack at lowly Barnet in the Conference did a pretty decent impression of a SK(a) last season.

My knowledge of football outside the teams that I personally watch live and get to see on TV is very limited, so it's probable that there are even better examples than these three.

So what do you think? Does the SK(a) Role(duty) need to be ramped up, or is it ok as it is now?

Personally, it all seems a bit tame to me at the moment and I deffo think it needs to be boosted in some way.

[Edit]

Mods, I stuck this in here but it might equally go in T&TGF. I'll leave it up to you if you want to move it.

Those of you who have used them, do you think that they have been watered down? What I mean is do they come out of the penalty area often enough and far enough to replicate what we are seeing in real-life sweeper-keepers?

I suppose we have to remember that the settings for SK(a) were set in stone before Lloris had his impressive season at Spurs last season and certainly before Neuer took it to another at the World Cup. Even without these high profile examples though, it's actually more common-place than you would think. Graham Stack at lowly Barnet in the Conference did a pretty decent impression of a SK(a) last season.

My knowledge of football outside the teams that I personally watch live and get to see on TV is very limited, so it's probable that there are even better examples than these three.

So what do you think? Does the SK(a) Role(duty) need to be ramped up, or is it ok as it is now?

Personally, it all seems a bit tame to me at the moment and I deffo think it needs to be boosted in some way.

[Edit]

Mods, I stuck this in here but it might equally go in T&TGF. I'll leave it up to you if you want to move it.

You'd have to look at the defensive line. Spurs, Bayern, and Germany in particular, were playing very high defensive lines. I've seen very few keepers push as high as Lloris and Neuer on a regular basis. Valdes could be there perhaps.

Archived