Regens won't discuss contracts because they have not long joined their current club?

You really need to be clearer when asking questions. Are you talking about newgens who just started at their club and they've not signed a professional contract with them yet? Which club are you managing and where are they based?

Foreign (or all?) youngsters especially will be more keen to sign their first contract at the club they started before moving on.

You really need to be clearer when asking questions. Are you talking about newgens who just started at their club and they've not signed a professional contract with them yet? Which club are you managing and where are they based?

Foreign (or all?) youngsters especially will be more keen to sign their first contract at the club they started before moving on.

Newgens who are available to 'Approach to Sign'. Managing Manchester City. I've got this message when attempting to sign regens from PSG, Manchester United, Bayern, basically anywhere. And I if I didn't get this message they just refused to enter contract discussions with me.

This is intentional behaviour, youth players are going to be less inclined to move to a club playing at a similar level as there is a natural tendency to remain at the club where they've spent their youth career & there is no obvious advantage in moving from one club with top coaches & facilities to another club with top coaches & facilities. This does change once they are old enough to sign professional terms as money is a new factor for them to consider, as under 17s all they can do is move from one youth contract to another so money is not a consideration.

So it is basically impossible to get any decent regens, except for ones that arrive at your club? I wasn't able to sign a single decent regen because none would discuss a contract with me.

I was just able to sign a young CB, 16yo and on a youth contract, by using the "approach to sign" method. He's Egyptian and playing in the Egyptian league. I'm still paying compensation of course, but I was surprised to get him. Usually those youngsters prefer to sign their pro contract first before moving, but my scouts told me he was available.

I'm also struggling to sign young players at the same level as me (I'm Chelsea in 2032) and rightly so. I have no problem signing them from lower Premier League level and lower.

Archived