Dave Journeyman Career Save

Vipertitan

So after yet another disappointing save i decided to set up a new save.

Game Set up

England- Skrill North/ South above

Argentina- Second division Above

France- Top two Divisions

Germany- Top two Divisions

Italy- Top two Divisions

Spain- Top Two Divisions

Portugal- Top Two Divisions

Hong Kong- First Division Only

player count 71,000 players loaded to give me bit moment in transfer market.

So i went on holiday for one calender year in England to generate the team i wanted to start this save with .

download_zps8dd33216.jpg

History of the Club

Football has been played on the Island since Victorian times, with several precursors to the current team folding. Canvey Island F.C. were formed in 1926 but had not achieved major success prior to the early 1990s. The early records of the club were destroyed in a major flood during 1953, their loss referenced in the song "Canvey Island" on the album Do You Like Rock Music? by the group British Sea Power. The club had floated around the regional amateur leagues in Essex for that time. Former player Jeff King became both manager and owner of the then Essex Senior League side in 1992 and has led the club through four promotions in the football pyramid, reaching the Conference after a 2003–04 season that saw them win the Isthmian League by 19 points – winning the title with seven games to spare.

At the end of the 2005–06 season, however, owner-manager Jeff King announced that he was no longer willing to fund the club any longer and left to join Isthmian League Premier Division side Chelmsford City. This left the club in financial difficulties, and as a result of which Canvey voluntarily resigned from the Football Conference, dropping three divisions to join the Isthmian League First Division North in 2006–07. Long-serving reserves and youth team manager, John Batch, assisted by former player Garry Britnell, took over team management at the club following King's departure and began to re-build the club following the departure of the entire first team-squad.

In January 2008, the club had 4 of their players called up to play in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers and International Friendlies. Midfielders Ryan Edgar and Danny Francis were called up for Caribbean country Dominica to face Barbados, with defender Chris Bourne and midfielder Clydie Roberts being selected for the Guyana squad to face Cuba. Canvey will play in the Isthmian League Premier Division in the 2008–09 season after winning the playoffs. They finished 5th in the league, beat AFC Sudbury in the semi-final and beat Redbridge on penalties in the final.

Manager John Batch decided to stand down from his position as Canvey Island's first-team manager on 6 January 2012. After his business interests increasingly took up more of his time. Glen Alzapiedi who was the clubs first-team coach replaced him as Manager, but left the club in July 2012.He was replaced by former-Canvey player and ex-Southend United manager Steve Tilson in July 2012,who in turn was replaced by popular striker Danny Heale in May 2013.

Club Profile- Well known cup team so will be looking to keep this up.

] Facilities- we have a fairly basic training facilities so will be looking to improve the standard before i leave.

Finances- Not grate at all but hope cup runs and bit more investment from board will help.

Squad- I'll be looking to try keep the players that are at the club for few seasons and see how far can go with them.

My Aims

My only aim is to stick around at this club for as long as possible and achieve as much as I possibly can. And trying to get as much milestones as i can along the way

Canvey Island - Skrill South- 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was going to be getting a decent team built and decent formation for the players to get used to.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we were poor at the start of the season decided to change my formation about 13 games into the season and then started to play better football once players got used to it.

The Fa Cup - As Canvey Island are a decent cup team i wanted to try keep this up but never did this season.

Transfers - There was money but i put it into the wages so free transfers for now.

Squad - I was pleased with the squad they did well.

Finances - Moved all the transfer budget into paying the wages for the players witch helped me a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - he is my favourite non League Player all ways gets goals and top scorer this season.

Patrick Hyslop - our young goalkeeper did well

Rio Bryan-Edwards - our best defender in the squad had decent season.

Jay Nash - had a decent season come in from the middle of the park.

Steffan Grice -Another defender that had good season.

Career Overview

Season  Nation       Team        League        Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  England    Canvey Island   Skrill South     10th     None   

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of Learning from my mistakes and try and do better in cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Canvey Island - Skrill South- 2015/16

so i said i wanted to learn from my mistakes and try do better this season and we did.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we were brilliant this season took a while for the players to get used to the new system i had decided i wanted to play but once they got used to it we went on to win the League

The Fa Cup - This year i wanted to go on cup run and we did went to the first round and got beat 2-0.

The Fa Trophy - This wanted to try our back up players and they did well.

Transfers - There bit money but i pushed it all into paying the players wages.

Squad - I was pleased with the squad they did well.

Finances - Moved most of the transfer budget into paying the wages for the players witch helped me a bit but still a bit poor.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - he is my top scorer this season had few injuries later in the season but did well.

Patrick Hyslop - our young goalkeepers i decided to give him a bit more first team football this season.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our goalkeeper had decent season.

Jay Nash - had another decent season.

Matthew Game -Another good season from the club captain .

Career Overview

2015/16   England   Canvey Island   Skrill  South     1st      Champions 

Next Season

To try and build a decent squad for the long hard road to avoid relegation.

• 2 weeks later...

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2016/17

So last season we got promoted and this season was all about trying to get a decent balance in the squad and try avoid relegation in the mean time.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - we managed to get a few wins here and there witch helped us survive the season.

The Fa Cup - This year i decided to try the kids and did not work.

The Fa Trophy - Again i wanted to try our back up players and they did well.

Transfers - There bit money but pushed it all into paying the players wages.

Squad - I was pleased with the squad they did well especially the younger players.

Finances - Moved most of the transfer budget into the wages part to help pay the players wages and looking a bit better.

Key Player Profiles:

Tom Murphy - he is my top scorer this season.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our first choice had an average season.

Joel Howell -one the regen i had this year decided to give him few games did really well.

Stewart Westwood -Another regen from last season had really good season.

Career Overview

2016/17   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 18th  None

Next Season

Avoid relegation and try to learn from my mistakes from this season.

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2017/18

So after last promotion this season was all about trying to get a decent balance in the squad and try avoid relegation in the mean time.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - i was only expecting to be fighting a relegation battle and not a promotion campaign we went on and won the League on the last day of the season.

The Fa Cup - Decided to play the first team p;layers in this year competition got to the second round played histon got beat 3 -1 after extra time.

The Fa Trophy - Again i wanted try the first team with some of the back up players we went all the way and got to the final and won 1-0 beating Chester after extra time.

Transfers - There was a bit off a shuffle around with the squad.

Squad - I was pleased with how the squad did not let the pressure get to them.

Finances - wining a few cup games and the League will hopefully help the club on the long run.

Key Player Profiles:

Joel Howell - this was his first season in the first team and was top scorer hope i can keep hold of him.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - our first choice had an average season think he need some competition for his place.

Mike Watt -Another good player had good season controlling the midfield.

Rio Bryan-Edwards -Another solid season from this guy looking to try get best out him next season.

Career Overview

2017/18   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 1st   Champions, Fa trophy Winners 

Next Season

Find a decent back up for my first choice goalkeeper and try and avoid relegation.

• 5 weeks later...

Canvey Island - Sky Bet League Two- 2018/19

So after promotion i wanted to try and find a right balance to avoid relegation

League Table

Past Positions Table- - i was expecting a tough season but not as tough as this we were shocking in every game we played.

The Fa Cup - got to first round and got beat by burton 4-0 .

Johnstone Paint Trophy - this was the only real highlight of the season a quart final loss to Yeovil town.

Transfers - Again this season There was a bit off a shuffle around with the squad.

Squad - I was a bit disappointed with the way the team played in the games there was no commitment what so ever.

Finances - a new stadium is getting built so that's took most the money from us hopefully it be a big hit with the fans next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Ryan Watkins-Clark - bought up from the youth team did well in his first season.

Danzelle St. Louis-Hamilton - drooped him this season as was not convinced he would be good nuff.

Stewart Westwood -decent season from him could not say anything bad about him.

Aaron Moses-Garvey -slightly concerned he not scoring a lot of goals. so i will be looking at trying get him to score more next season.

Career Overview

2017/18   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership 1st   Champions, Fa trophy Winners 
2018/19   England    Canvey Island  Sky Bet League Two   24th Relegated 

Next Season

try and build a decent squad for a long hard season and try find a decent formation that the players will be used to. also try and keep the finances under control

• 1 month later...

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2019/20

We were relegated back into the league and a wanted to try and avoid relegation again this season too.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - i expecting tough season but my season took turn for worse when i lost key players due to injuries and suspension.

The Fa Cup - i rotated the squad a bit in the two games we had.

Transfers - got rid of more players this season to reduce the wage bill.

Squad - we were struck with a ,lot of injuries this season and lot players getting sent off or booked.

Finances - a got told to reduce the wage bill and get rid my deadwood to try and improve the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Rio Bryan-Edwards - another good season from this guy did well.

Glen Dean - youth player bought into squad late on in season did well.

Jay Nash -decent season from him could not say anything bad about him.

Aaron Moses-Garvey -slightly concerned he lost his touch this season again.

Career Overview

2019/20   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership-  18th  

Next Season

This will be my last season in charge as i will be looking for a new adventure in my save so currently looking for new team manage next season.

Canvey Island - Skrill Premiership- 2020/21

This was my last season in charge as i planed to resign at end of the season we had a poor season again.

League Table

Past Positions Table- - I wanted to end the season on high instead players let me down and we had another relegation battle.

The Fa Cup - i wanted to go on cup run this season but we only managed to get to the forth qualifying round got beat 4-0.

Transfers -bought in few players to help the squad a bit this season.

Squad - overall we had a decent squad on paper but we were poor within the season its self.

Finances - still no joy here one reason why im leaving.

Key Player Profiles:

Rio Bryan-Edwards - one player who stood out as the best ive managed.

Glen Dean - youth player bought into squad late on last season did well this year.

Ryan Rutherford -i wanted to see him improve his performances this season and did for while but form dropped later in the season.

Mike Watt -Ever present in the team was joy to watch.

Career Overview

2019/20   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership-  18th None
2020/21   England    Canvey Island  Skrill  Premiership-  20th None 

Next Season

so this is my last season with canvey Island will be applying for jobs threw the summer brake.

Archived