Accepting one players request to go on loan, opens the floodgates.

As the title says. I find this the single most annoying feature in fm 2014.

By far the best way to advance players is via tutoring....not sending them out on loan. But if you have run out of tutors and accept one loan request from a player, then it opens the floodgates and they all want to go on loan. It is absolutely mind numbingly tedious telling a player "I think your football development would be best served by staying at the club," then him saying "I can see where your coming from," only for 3 or 4 days having the same 10+ players coming back asking the same question again.

Worse is when they tell you they "Still want to go on loan, your holding me back, not happy how you've dealt with this, all you've done is further convince me I want to leave" etc.

If this really must be in the game then make it less tedious. It's just so frustrating having to go through the same answers over and over.

Between that and my scouts constantly giving me reports on the same players every other day.

SCOUTS. Its got to the point where I have complete control over staff appointments and I just get rid of every scout apart from 1, the chief scout. And he is only there for scouting the next opposition. I already know you recommend player X, you've only been telling me every 3 days for the last 2 years.

With regards to the loan request issue, if this interaction really has to be there, then please allow it to be written into a players contract that he can't go out on loan, unless you want him to for "x" months/years.

I've played well over 1000 hrs of fm 2014. And at a rough estimate, probably atleast 36 hrs has been spent fending off these annoying requests. A day and a half of my life I'll never get back ;)

I can't keep players in my U-19's or reserve team unless I also add them to the senior squad, as I'm managing in the Scottish Premier and every lower-level Scottish team wants to borrow my prospects (some won't even offer to pick up the salary, and we're only talking about $45-$350/week). I have to consider each on a case-by-case basis, and end up with 30-40 players out on loan. I have started making some money by charging EPL and SkyBet teams a monthly fee in addition to the salary if they're potential first-team prospects for us. Some of the low-level teams who want what are likely marginal players I only charge them 50% of salary, in an effort to boost national football ratings. If I can play them, someone should be playing them, and no one ever wants to BUY those players.

Archived