When will I be able to adjust my budgets again?

Maybe the clue is in that message from the board?

"The board will not deal with any budget related requests at this time as budgets have only recently been adjusted and contract offers based on these adjustments are still open."

Maybe the clue is in that message from the board?

"The board will not deal with any budget related requests at this time as budgets have only recently been adjusted and contract offers based on these adjustments are still open."

So I can't adjust budgets until I finalise the deals that I need to adjust the budget for?

No idea then, but it may have something to do with the outstanding offers? That's what the board message says anyway. I have to ask why you adjusted the budget so that you have £0 in the transfer budget when you knew you were going to need transfer money?

No idea then, but it may have something to do with the outstanding offers? That's what the board message says anyway. I have to ask why you adjusted the budget so that you have £0 in the transfer budget when you knew you were going to need transfer money?

Because I was mainly going for free transfers, but I got a couple of scout reports.

When you made the initial budget adjustment did you have offers on the table for players, which you then chose not to finalize? Maybe the board is still waiting on these deals to go through. That happened to me once.

1/ Made offer for player

2/ Then made budget adjustment which would allow me to finalize the deal.

3/ Cancelled offer for player.

4/ Board would not let me adjust again. Presumably they were waiting for the deal to go through, even though I cancelled it.

When you made the initial budget adjustment did you have offers on the table for players, which you then chose not to finalize? Maybe the board is still waiting on these deals to go through. That happened to me once.

1/ Made offer for player

2/ Then made budget adjustment which would allow me to finalize the deal.

3/ Cancelled offer for player.

4/ Board would not let me adjust again. Presumably they were waiting for the deal to go through, even though I cancelled it.

I adjusted it as soon as I had my initial budgets set so that I had the biggest wage budget available. I then put in some offers for players, payed the compensation needed. Then a scout report came in and I found a player I wanted, bid for him, waited for the message to come up so that I could accept, however I knew I would need to adjust the budget but hoped for the option to adjust would come up. But it didn't and I checked my adjustments screen and it was how it was in the gyazo in the original message. Really frustrating.

The only solution I can think of is to get rid of your current offers to start from scratch. You should be able to adjust the budget then, judging from the in-game message.

Looking at the screenshots you cannot afford the players, to meet their wage demands you've had to reallocate money from your transfer budget to your wage budget but this now means that you have no transfer funds to pay agent fees & signing bonuses, the only way to cover those costs is to move money back from your wage budget but now yo're in a situation where the player has been offered a contract that would exceed your wage budget if all the proposed deals went through.

Welcome to space between the rock & hard place, the only way out is to decide who you really want to sign & withdraw the other contract offers.

Is there no way to bring back the slider? I read on another forum post that this has something to do with an old exploit (Which I wasn't using, I just was relying on the Adjust Budget feature when I signed the player).

You've show us your wage/transfer budget and how much your currently spending on wages. Can you show us what offers you've made so far then? From the screenshots, it looks like the offers you've made will max out your wage budget as it stands, so the board won't allow you to change budgets to a lower amount.

You've show us your wage/transfer budget and how much your currently spending on wages. Can you show us what offers you've made so far then? From the screenshots, it looks like the offers you've made will max out your wage budget as it stands, so the board won't allow you to change budgets to a lower amount.

http://gyazo.com/a36fcf3e98065c8dbc9385736a2f3dfd

http://gyazo.com/eaefba70ae3edccc5c983a3832c91e6d

The one has been cancelled and the other rejected. You have no other offers on the table for anyone, including staff... is that right?

If you have no offers on the table anymore, are you able to adjust your budget now? You should be able to, considering you're 20k below budget.

Those screenshots show that you have a transfer budget deficit, in this situation the budget adjustment option is disabled until you clear the deficit through player sales.

Is player sales the only way? He's well below in his wage budget?

Yes, in this instance the manger has told the board what wage & transfer budget they can work with so the board are not going to be all that accommodating when the transfer budget is exceeded.

Wow, I didn't know that was a thing. I just assumed that as long as the money was there then you could adjust the budget to take what ever is needed.

Archived