A new FM challenge

I was finding myself a little disinterested after the first season on my saves with FM14, and was trying to figure out a save that would have some sort of longevity for me. I really enjoy developing youth, and wanted to do something with Arsenal.

So, I bought the in-game editor and did the following:

- made an agreement with myself that I could only buy players 20 years old or under

- I moved every player over 20 (bar Wilshere and Ramsey, the two exceptions I allowed) to other lower level teams in the league. E.g. I think Mertesacker and Cazorla ended up at West Brom, Ozil went to Sunderland, etc

- I added the current wage and value of the player to the transfer and wage budget

This left me with an admittedly massive £200m transfer kitty, but only a handful of players (I think it was Wilshere, Ramsey, the Ox, Gnabry, Akpom and Zelalem). I am now close to the first game of the season, and have managed to assemble an impressive looking squad of youth players. However, I am interested to see how the following plays out:

- can you win anything with all kids? How much will a lack of experience affect the team?

- how quickly can the team gel together?

- trained at club for Champions League - not sure if I meet the requirements, may have to buy some youth that have been shifted on. Martin Angha? JET?

- will moving the big names to smaller teams make the league even more competitive?

Just thought this could be a fun, interesting challenge if anyone is looking for a new save idea.

Archived