[FM14] Short 'n direct 2-3-2-2-1 Set

Hello everyone

After spending countless hours, reading the forums, studying the tactics, gathering knowledge about DOs and DONTs... Wingers, Registas, Inside Forwards, F9s, Offside Traps, direct play, retain possession, fluidity, mentality, etc... my brain went blue screen.

So I said to myself "Why not combine some stuff that looks weird, but could fit in what I want to achieve?"

That's what came out:

dbiahl.jpg

The main idea behind chosing this formation, is to create floating triangles (with and without possession) to create space and overlaod the midfield.

What do i mean by "floating triangles"?

As you can already notice, there are several obvious triangular positions set such as:

CWBL/A - A/D - CM/S

CD/C - CD/X - A/D

AM/S - AM/A - CF/S

Now, the Positions themselves have PI's that allow to create more triangular positions, such as:

AM/A - CM/A - CWBR/A

CM/A - CF/S - AM/A

AM/S - CM/S - CWBL/A etc.

2e1ag6w.jpg

this picture shows, how the players are fielded in a assymetric way to create passing opportunities.

Those are constructed to apply for offensive movement, aswell as defensive movement, shifting the entire team forward and backward at a whole.

I consider these to be important, because i always want my players to have a choice in passing, lets call it dictating tempo. Eventhough the TI's might not look as if this could work out, the PI's will make the players do what is intended. Quick transition, finding pockets, moving the ball fast when there is the ocassion to do so.

All of you will know the Inside Forwards, now let me introduce to you the Outside Forward in disguise. Sounds good doesn't it?

Basicly its the 2 AMCs running wide with the ball to create space for the CF and the CM/A. This one works particular well against opposition teams that use a 1 or 2 man Defensive midfield, as your AMCs can drag them apart to create pockets for the CM/A.

Here are some results:

2i704h.jpg

2cmvlsx.jpg

sc80m0.jpg

33bn9lw.jpg

(thats in the Geram Cup, with my team still being 2nd Division aagainst 1st Division Augsburg)

2jbmyox.jpg

undeafeated baby :)

hsltoi.jpg

Training:

Fitness - Very High for 3 weeks

Team Cohesion - High for 3 weeks

Balanced - Medium for the rest of the season

No OI's

Most Important Attributes:

2drz53p.jpg

Work Rate, Teamwork and Decision preferably for all Positions except GK

Control

predicted as favourite home and away

predicted as evens home

Counter

predicted as evens away

predicted as slight underdog home and away

Defensive

predicted as huge underdog home and away

i try it, but look ur screen and see the in-game editor official.......well but i try

eventhough i hate accusations like that:

24njhhx.jpg

Just because you own a gun, doesn't mean you are a serial killer...

Looks very nice.

Could you tell us a little more about roles, type of players required and attributes for positions? e.g. the CM needs to be a good tackler as well?

Can never get a lone striker to score a lot like you did, so I'm very interested in this tactic :)

Hmmm... lemme see

I used the standard role attributes for all positions + decisions/Work Rate/Teamwork

For the CWBs it wouldn't hurt to have a good finishing too, since they somehow manage to get a good amount of shots at goal from decent positions. (one of mine even managed 2 hattricks within the season)

The CD's and DMC shouldn't be small, 180cm+, but then again 1 of my DMC's is just 170 but has a superb positioning... soooooo

nothing special really, as it focusses on teamplay and movement, there doesn't need to be a overtalented player or superstar, the star is the team.

The Striker scoring that much is mainly because of the movement of the AMC's and the CM/A. When in the final third, they manage to build up two variable triangles (no, not a square :p) with one of the AMC's pulling out with the ball and crossing back in.

For Match Preparation i use:

Att Movement when Fav

Teamwork when evens

Def Posi when underdog

Hmmm... lemme see

I used the standard role attributes for all positions + decisions/Work Rate/Teamwork

For the CWBs it wouldn't hurt to have a good finishing too, since they somehow manage to get a good amount of shots at goal from decent positions. (one of mine even managed 2 hattricks within the season)

The CD's and DMC shouldn't be small, 180cm+, but then again 1 of my DMC's is just 170 but has a superb positioning... soooooo

nothing special really, as it focusses on teamplay and movement, there doesn't need to be a overtalented player or superstar, the star is the team.

The Striker scoring that much is mainly because of the movement of the AMC's and the CM/A. When in the final third, they manage to build up two variable triangles (no, not a square :p) with one of the AMC's pulling out with the ball and crossing back in.

For Match Preparation i use:

Att Movement when Fav

Teamwork when evens

Def Posi when underdog

thanks mate!

yeah attacking FB/WB's seem to get lots of chances in current ME esp if you play without wingers. TBH my tactics always seem to create chances for pretty much everyone from full backs to midfielders to wingers, but NOT for the strikers! Which ennoys me a lot ;)

With so much emphasis on shadow strikers and false 9 in modern football, I still love a TRUE 9 to bang them in :)

i made a slight change to the Control tactic

- removed retain possession

- removed shorter passing

- switched AMCL/S to AMCL/A

5 matches played like that, 1 loss & 4 wins in Bundesliga, CF seems to score better (6 goals in those 5 matches)

Archived