Talking to unhappy players - they always want listing now!

In the past, when talking to a player unhappy at not getting many games, a fair share would accept my 'I make the decisions round here' type response and give it the whole 'fair enough, i'll be patient' response.

Since playing FM14 I've noticed that virtually every time a player has the same problem, they get stroppy at that kind of response and want listing at the end of the conversation. It seems nothing I say can placate them.

Anyone else found this? Obviously I can't pick every player but it's annoying when important squad players I don't want to lose/loan out etc start kicking off.

In the past, when talking to a player unhappy at not getting many games, a fair share would accept my 'I make the decisions round here' type response and give it the whole 'fair enough, i'll be patient' response.

Since playing FM14 I've noticed that virtually every time a player has the same problem, they get stroppy at that kind of response and want listing at the end of the conversation. It seems nothing I say can placate them.

Anyone else found this? Obviously I can't pick every player but it's annoying when important squad players I don't want to lose/loan out etc start kicking off.

I've noticed this, they normally ask to be taken off the transfer list after a few weeks so it isn't that big an issue, but it's a tad unrealistic that a player will kick off over nothing so easily

Do keep in mind how big an affect morale has on a players performance. If these players ARE important squad players, you should try and get them enough sub appearances and starts to keep their morale from getting to this stage. As an unhappy sub is far less likely to make an impact in a game. If there are players who are being unreasonable, then you're better off getting rid as the morale means they lose their usefulness and risk upsetting other players.

Archived