What is the best way to set up a new game exactly?

Hi Everyone,

The past few times that i have been setting up games on Fm14 i have chosen all the Eurpean leagues apart from say 4 or 5 of them as "view only mode" i.e keep eng,sco,ger,spa as playable and the rest as i said "view only"

Is this reccomended to do so as i get one person saying to me nah dont do this it screws the game up blah-blah,then on the other hand i get someone else saying to me,yeah makes the game more enjoyable,more varied selection of players etc etc.Whats your view on this everyone? And what settings would YOU start your new game up like?

Also,manager reputation what should i always start off as?

Sorry about all the questions folks just want to try get a good balanced save on the go.Help appreciated.

Thanks

Steff.

I only use English, Spanish, German, Italian and French leagues. Remember you can add leagues during a save and they will become active at the end of the season.

Start off with the manager reputation you want to use. If you use international footballer you will find it easy to motivate players at a top club and so on. If you use a lower reputation it will get harder and harder. Some people use automatic so that they can build their reputation themselves.

I only use English, Spanish, German, Italian and French leagues. Remember you can add leagues during a save and they will become active at the end of the season.

Start off with the manager reputation you want to use. If you use international footballer you will find it easy to motivate players at a top club and so on. If you use a lower reputation it will get harder and harder. Some people use automatic so that they can build their reputation themselves.

Thanks brawla123,Do you not use any as view only at all,the other ones outhwith the ones you listed above? How low do you go with the leagues in the nations you pick?

And also ive been thinking of choosing Sunday-League footballer.Wise choice?

Thanks brawla123,Do you not use any as view only at all,the other ones outhwith the ones you listed above? How low do you go with the leagues in the nations you pick?

And also ive been thinking of choosing Sunday-League footballer.Wise choice?

I only use all the leagues in the one I will actually play with. In the other ones I just use their top league. That's just down to personal preference though. I have them all on playable, I've never toggled with the view-only option.

What team are you planning on managing?

Sunday-League is a good option to start with but if you want to manage a team like Chelsea, Man City and so on, you will find it hard to motivate them until you win some silverware. it's a good challenge though.

I only use all the leagues in the one I will actually play with. In the other ones I just use their top league. That's just down to personal preference though. I have them all on playable, I've never toggled with the view-only option.

What team are you planning on managing?

Sunday-League is a good option to start with but if you want to manage a team like Chelsea, Man City and so on, you will find it hard to motivate them until you win some silverware. it's a good challenge though.

Well i started off with Alania in Russia and was sacked after 91days in charge,so im now at Jaegersberg in Denmark(3rd tier of Danish Football) my rep is set at Sunday-League.Maybe this was part of the reason i got the bullet from my first team possibly.

Well i started off with Alania in Russia and was sacked after 91days in charge,so im now at Jaegersberg in Denmark(3rd tier of Danish Football) my rep is set at Sunday-League.Maybe this was part of the reason i got the bullet from my first team possibly.

Yeah, if you're struggling to get the team motivated from team talks and other interactions, then that's probably why.

Archived