When can I register "grey text players" for domestic competition?

Hi guys.

So I started my first game of FM2014 (been playing previous versions though), and my first save is with Gladbach. Somewhere during the first couple of months I suddenly had three players with grey names (compared to usual black), which at first glance looked like regen players. But I guess they're not regens from the youth intake in that part of the season, so why was I suddenly presented with them?

I actually signed all three of them as they did have pretty good stats, but this was after I had submitted my player registration sheet to the Bundesliga. So while in my save I am in december 2013, I can not use them for anything other than the German Cup. But when will I be able to register them for the domestic league?

Thank you

I can answer the first question I think. In my save, the game gave me greyed out players when I had less players in my first team than needed to play a match. I cleared out the players I had at the start of the save, so I could start from scratch. When I got to a certain amount of players, the game started replacing each player I released with a greyed out player.

At the time I got the grey players assigned to my team? I am sorry but I can't remember. It's been a couple of days since it happened, but at this point I really want to make especially one of them eligible for my the Bundesliga. I do fear however that I won't be able to before the next season?

You don't need to register grey players, they are "special" and available for all matches.

It's the games way of preventing stupid situation where you have less than the required number of players for a match.

You can offer them a contract and then they have to be registered to be used.

Archived