Players fading too fast?

Has anyone else noticed much of a problem with high-profile, international players fading really fast and ending up without a club and in lower leagues?

In my current game, I'm in 2019 and have already noticed Adam Lallana spending 1 year without a club at 30, then me signing him for Charlton at the bottom of the Prem only to keep getting told by my AssMan that he's not good enough, Michael Dawson playing for a League 1 team, Daniel Sturridge going 2 seasons without playing a game for Liverpool and being loaned to various championship teams, Wayne Rooney being released by Man Utd at 32 and ending up at Rangers after about 6 months with no club, lots of players going to USA at 32 or so (Carrick, Barry, Milner, Downing, Forster, Jagielka), David Luiz playing for Blackburn in the Championship, Paulinho playing about 20 games in 4 years at Spurs, and the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, I know there will always be odd examples (Ivan Campo at Bolton!) but it just seems that a lot of highly talented international players end up not playing at all, being released or playing for lower league teams.

Does anyone else have any views or opinions on this?

Archived