[FM12] - My Career in England

Maw74

tmsj.jpg

A great start with the only bad result being a draw with Bourne Town

not that it was a bad result it's just the only game we didn't win.:).

svwv.jpg

fpt5.jpg

A lot of transfers in but at this level they could soon move on, managed to sign some real quality in the likes

of Counago, Gomez, Watson, Hopcutt and Barwick to name just a few, our number one keeper has just left

for Eastleigh but Gilpin was starting to make a noise about not getting games so he will be happy now as he

takes over as our number one, also Sutcliffe on that list of signings is a GK but he was mainly signed to be my

assistant. I made Terry Barwick our captain which Tony Davies was unhappy about so after a conversation I

released him. The only rule I'm setting myself in regards to signings at this level is the players must have played

for an English club before joining us, if their history shows they moved away from England then I can't sign them.

As a Diamonds fan you have a keen follower of this thread! Best of luck.

Thanks.

This wasn't my original plan, my original plan was to set up my own club in level 10, I set it up but then during testing that game I stumbled upon The Diamonds and it reminded me about going to Nene Park and watching the previous club, so I decided to go with a English career game instead, the team I set up are in the South Mids Div 1 and will now be AI controlled.

hqn8.jpg

We suffered our first defeat in December, it came away to Olney Town and it was a

penalty two minutes into injury time. We bounced back well with a big cup win but then

suffered another league defeat, this time at home against Burton Park Wanderers, again it

was a late goal as Colin Robinson netted the only goal of the game in the 87th minute.

We ended December with a big win at Kiln Park the home of the clubs former landlords Raunds Town.

We then continued winning right through January as we notched up wins against Wooton Blue Cross,

Bourne Town, Rushden & Higham Utd and further progress in the FA Vase with a narrow 1-0 win over

CB Hounslow Utd, we could still meet the team that I set up (Mawborough) as they also progressed.

54wf.jpg

krmq.jpg

hz2f.jpg

dag1.jpg

The title was clinched with games to spare and the poor performance against

Northampton On Chenecks didn't matter but it did still annoy me that we

put in such a pathetic display, now we go to Wembley in the hunt for a double.

cqhe.jpg

FA Vase Final

0vsc.jpg

c9fw.jpg

l6ik.jpg

t400.jpg

We proved far too strong for Loughborough University and

ran out very comfortable winners in a clinical display at Wembley.

Season Summary

v22s.jpg

Player Stats

x2vj.jpg

Best XI

po5x.jpg

Club News

wv8c.jpg

Euro 2012

cckj.jpg

England win the Euro's and they do it by winning a shoot-out.

After that news I decided to take this action................

l7zx.jpg

It's not right for a club to be professional at this level so I will seek employment elsewhere.

Marcus Law took over at AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

After that news I decided to take this action................

l7zx.jpg

It's not right for a club to be professional at this level so I will seek employment elsewhere.

Marcus Law took over at AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

That's fair enough but there are some clubs at that level that are effectively full-time, albeit very rare.. Good luck with your next challenge.

That's fair enough but there are some clubs at that level that are effectively full-time, albeit very rare.. Good luck with your next challenge.

Really? Level 9......... well maybe because looking at their squad the only real difference between them and some semi-pro clubs is they have a higher wage budget but still have a lot of players not getting any wages.

Problem I had was I did save it before I quit and played on for a bit at R & D and gave some players contracts but I didn't get given a wage budget, so that is a big reason why I decided to quit, a decision I'm probably regretting as now I have found they have a wage budget of just over £6000. Also things not going great at my new club.

98kv.jpg

imj9.jpg

tg66.jpg

a7ca.jpg

8m47.jpg

The media prediction is for us to finish in 13th place, we are below par at

the moment and it has been frustrating but we have very much held our own against

some of the bigger sides like Dunstable Town and high flying Barton Rovers who we

could have beaten had it not been for a missed penalty. Kentish Town was the

worst result but they are also one of the teams that are semi-pro so have a bit of

money to spend unlike us. We nearly got dumped out of the FA Vase early but managed

to fight back from 2-0 down and then recorded a comfortable win in the 2nd round.

However last seasons winners suffered a shock upset.

khrl.jpg

eskj.jpg

jisp.jpg

I applied for 2 jobs Droylsden and and for spite Dunstable Town.

u9vj.jpg

This was my first reply and this is where my game is currently saved.

e8tg.jpg

Well I decided to stay at AFC Dunstable, I will just wait until I'm sacked which

might not be far off as the players are trying their best to make that happen.

We did manage a four game unbeaten run which included a draw with Cheshunt

who have the biggest wage bill in this division at 60k per year.

I then get this message before our FA Vase game......

26f6.jpg

and am I wrong about the players? well not judging by their performance after I

get a message like that, they proceed to put in an abysmal performance to lose.

I have managed to keep my job so far though but I don't think it will be long.

zbfe.jpg

Archived