Lichtenstein Challenge

I have seen this challenge around a few places and thought I would start it up here.

Summary

The idea is to manage the Liechtenstein National side as well as FC Vaduz who play in the Swiss Challenge League. Players from the youth academy in FC Vaduz will eventually increase (hopefully) the success of the national team.

This can also be done with other Liechtenstein clubs who play in the lower Swiss leagues, if you load the additional database which I have linked below.

This is not a youth challenge, but can be played as such if you would like.

Rules

Load whichever leagues you like. Also, make sure to load current players from both Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

No editing or scouting software

You can add in the edited Lichtenstein league or more edited Swiss leagues if you like. I am not sure where I downloaded it, but here is a link to an edit with Swiss League down to tier 8 as well as the Liechtenstein Cup.

If you are sacked from your club, you can accept a job at another Liechtensteiner club playing in Switzerland. If you are sacked from the National Team, you are out and will need to start again.

Thread Rules

Screenshots are allowed but none should be embedded due to making the page slower to load so please post them as hyperlinks to Imgur or another photo hosting website.

Player Naming is allowed along with talk about Tactics. If you want to download someone else's tactics, (sigh), fine, just don't talk about it in here please.

When joining the Challenge please post a photo of your Manager’s Profile and Leagues how I have done below.

Once you've done a season please can you post a short summary of your progress showing the key things with Screenshots(e.g. Squad Stats, League Table, Youth Intake etc.)

Setting Up.

You can run as many leagues in as many nations as you want, but in order for FC Vaduz to be active you need to load at least down to the Swiss Challenge League.

If you choose to load the extra leagues, Then load down to the level of the club you want to manage obviously.

After you have selected the Nations that you want to start the game with, press "Next - New Game Overview". From there click on the "Database Size" tab, and then select "Advanced" at the bottom of the sub-menu. It will then allow you to include some options that may assist you within your game.

Nations - Switzerland + Liechtenstein

Current International Players.

Players Based in Nation.

Players of Nationality.

Players from Top Division clubs.

Players from Top clubs.

Players with Continental reputation.

Players with National reputation.

Players from clubs in Continental competition.

Good Luck and have fun!

VapstYq.png

FC Ruggell

So I have decided to punish myself and play the challenge as a team other than FC Vaduz. I have loaded the Switzerland edited database and chosen Liechtenstein club FC Ruggell who are battling away in the seventh tier of Swiss football.

Currently the club is an amateur club who play at Freizeitpark Widau which Wikipedia says has a capacity of 500, but the game is set at 800.

Ruggell have never won the Lichtenstein Cup, however they have been in the finals six times before.

I have added Australia to the leagues loaded. This is due to the fact that it is my home country and I like to check out how it is doing from time to time.

Leagues loaded - Manager Profile - Club Info

WliT96k.png

Liechtenstein

The side lost every single game last year in their world cup Qualifiers, however a 0-0 draw with Latvia is showing some promise of the success I aim to bring in the future.

National side Information

FC Ruggell Pre-Season review

I have decided to play with the same Tactic I was using in my Grays Athletic save, with a few modificatons.

Our team is pretty rubbish and the staff would be better if I replaced them with penguins. However we hopefully get some results.

We have an Austrian defender who is one of our better players, however the rest are local boys. Our main striker is given 4 stars by the assistant manager and looks to have some decent pace for this level.

Liechtenstein

We don't have a game until the 14th of September. I will be trying to organise a friendly before that however.

Nice challenge! By the way, the country is called Liechtenstein ;)

haha yeh it was like 2am when I wrote all this up. Going through and fixing it now :/

Is it possible for an admin or someone to change the thread title? I feel like an idiot now

FC Ruggell Pre-Season Report

RjVrySO.png

An up and down preseason. Our squad is pretty rubbish and our only real decent player did his ACL in the first game. There was quite a few players lost due to other clubs poaching my amateur players as well.

I signed some other no names my terrible scout found and tried to implement a modified version of my Tactic I used at Grays. All players started with 50% condition and 50% match fitness, so I have had every player on hand playing as much as possible.

The results were to be expected as quite a few of these sides were above us in higher leagues. I thought we did quite well though

Excited for the season start.

Liechtenstein Pre season report

No Games until September but I have started learning the squad available to me. We have a decent DMC who plays in Austria, but the rest of the squad is quite lacking.

Using the national team to scout my club team is depressing.

FC Ruggell August Report

beyUbx0.png

Fantastic start. A few of my better players had to sit out due to fatigue, but the B team really brought their A game against Appenzell who were favourites to win the title. We went down early, but took the lead back and Eberle sealed it at the death.

Rebstein are a quality side who really took it to us. Our defence was solid all game, however our attackers forgot to bring their heads to the game.

Liechtenstein August report

6Ivl45A.png

The side had a 1-1 draw with Latvia before I signed on as manager.

We had Luxembourg in a friendly and I was very hopeful to build a solid platform to push on in competitive matches.

An amazing first half saw us run our with a 3--1 lead at halftime which we ended up with a 4-1 win. Luxembourg are quite higher than us on the FIFA rankings, so it was a good win.

FC Ruggell September Report

tKefsDZ.png

Dominant month, but we were brought back to earth against AU-Bernick.

Schaan in the Cup was difficult as 95% of my team was unavailable. Bad idea to play half your team for your reserve team when they are playing a cup game :/

Liechtenstein September report

ziV8At8.png

We played quite well in both games. 0-0 at halftime but conceding late both times and going down. Good effort from the team however as I start to learn who is who and they pick up my tactics.

Liechtenstein sides can't enter the Champions League through the Swiss League.

From an article on UEFA's website:

Specific rules

Vaduz's participation in the Swiss league does come with certain conditions. The Liechtenstein side will forego some income from TV and marketing deals and will pay a special fee to the Swiss Football Association to play in the top division, and they cannot be Swiss champions even if they win the league. Their only chance of competing in Europe will remain winning the Liechtenstein Cup.

And wikipedia:

As there is no national league in Liechtenstein, the Liechtenstein Football Cup is the only national football competition in the country. The country has only seven national clubs all of which historically have already established themselves in the Swiss league competitions. The national cup competition is the only route for Liechtenstein to be represented at the European football club competitions.

I'm not sure exactly how this is written into the game, but I imagine you won't be able to enter the CL.

Archived