From Cambridgeshire to Europe via the The Skrill North

Vipertitan

120px-StNeotsTownFC_Logo_zps0f46581c.png

St. Neots

History of the Club

St Neots F.C. was formed in 1879 and were the first winners of the Huntingdonshire Senior Cup in 1888–89. They went on to win the cup again in 1892–93, 1894–95, 1895–96, 1896–97 and 1901–02. During this period they played in the Biggleswade & District League. In 1924 the club was renamed St Neots & District and won the Huntingdonshire Senior Cup again that season. In 1927 they joined the Bedfordshire & District League, which became the South Midlands League in 1929. They won the league in 1932–33 and in 1936 moved up to the United Counties League. After World War II they rejoined the South Midlands League, before becoming founder members of the Metropolitan League in 1949.[2] They won the league and league cup in its first season, but returned to the UCL in 1951.

In 1956 they switched leagues again, joining Division One South of the Central Alliance. The following year the club was renamed St Neots Town. In 1960 they returned to the Metropolitan League and won the Professional Cup in 1964–65. In 1966–67 St Neots enjoyed their best run to date in the FA Cup reaching the first round proper, where they were beaten 2–0 away at Walsall, hey went on to win the United Counties League and League Cup in 1967–68 after rejoining the season earlier. The following season they retained the league cup and also won the Huntingdonshire Senior Cup for the twelfth consecutive season, a record for senior cups in England, In 1969 the club transferred to the Eastern Counties League, but returned for a fourth spell in the UCL in 1973. ey were relegated at the end of the 1981–82 season, but made an immediate return to the Premier Division after finishing as runners-up in Division One the following season. During the 1987–88 season the owner of their Shortsands ground sold it to a housing developer, which forced the club to disband at the end of the season. They reformed in 1990 when John Carroll and Bob Page invested large sums of capital into the club, they then joined the Huntingdonshire Junior League, playing in Priory Park. After four consecutive titles, they returned to Division One of the UCL in 1994. They won Division One at the first attempt and were promoted to the Premier Division.

The club's ambition to move on was shown with the 2009 addition of former Northern Ireland internationals Steve Lomas and Michael Hughes as a player managerial team, where they were joined by Sylvain Legwinski, formerly of Fulham.

Whilst these star names moved on, new manager Dennis Greene was able to bolster his side in late 2010 with the audacious signing of former Aston Villa striker Stefan Moore, fresh from scoring 39 goals for higher-level Halesowen Town.Moore helped fire St Neots to the 2010–11 UCL Premier Division title, with the club breaking a number of records on the way to promotion to the Division One Central at which they won as champions at the first attempt.

Dennis Greene's position as manager had become "untenable" so he resigned close to the start of the 2012–13 season. Iain Parr now has the position as first team manager.

In November 2013 Iain Parr stepped down , and was replaced by joint manager team of Gary King and Zema Abbey.

Game Setup

I will be playing this save as part of my try at dauge challenge

Club Profile- there not much on here but hopefully that will change.

General Info-we got historic rivalry with Kings Lynn fc so intrested in to see how many times i can beat them when we play.

Facilities - stadium looks quite good for this level football. but training could do with upgrade like.

Squad- will be rebuilding this season try and get player in for the long relegation battle.

Finances - i proberly blow our finances wide open this season on buying players.

Manager Profile - I've gone 4 a 4 5 1 formation to try and fight of relegation.

St. Neots - Skrill North - 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was getting a squad of players together and trying to find a decent squad to try and survive the battle of relegation.

League Table

Past Positions -we were playing well just did not manage to get few wins now and then .

FA Carlsberg Trophy- We Managed to get to the first round reply but were not good to go threw.

Fa Cup- I knew we were not going to win this but would been nice to went on cup run.

Transfers1

Transfers2- there's no money as i transferred most the money into the wages.

Squad 1

Squad 2-it has taken me a while to try find right formation and in the end was bit to late hopefully they will get bit used to it this come season.

Finances- i Had to transfer some the transfer fund to help pay the players wages.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - A player i always try to go for as i know im always going get goals from him was quality this season yet again.

Andy Pearson -The Rock at the back solid season.

Reece Hall -My Best Winger at the club played well.

Levi Wright- One the kids played hand full games scored few goals too.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  18th        

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of trying to manage the finances a lot better, and to learn from mistakes of this season.

St. Neots - Skrill North - 2015/16

So After last season relegation battle i wanted a decent season this season.

League Table

Past Positions - we ended the season in poor form with a relegation battle witch we managed to stay up.

FA Carlsberg Trophy- We Managed to get to the first round and were well and truly beaten.

Fa Cup- I wanted to get to first round but did not manage that.

Transfers1- Not much going on but bit of a clear out.

Squad 1

Squad 2-trying to get the right balance and formation for the team still no joy as yet.

Finances- IN the red with the wages at the moment looks like i have to sell some my better player to try and reduce that.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - Top Scorer this season he was joy to watch.

David Adedipe -Second top scorer decent return from him.

Sam Vince -My best goalkeeper had bit poor season hope to have better one this season come.

Lewis Hilliard- One picks from midfield did well.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th        

Next Season

I think next season is just going to try rebuild squad again and try get some better players in.

Wow that most have been tense and must have taken quite sometime, the longest I have had on any FM is a 9-8 win with 20 penalties in total.

Not seen any longer shoot-outs than that in any other ties either.

Wow that most have been tense and must have taken quite sometime, the longest I have had on any FM is a 9-8 win with 20 penalties in total.

Not seen any longer shoot-outs than that in any other ties either.

yea was wondering if was bug or if games go on like that was like how many they score

St. Neots - Skrill North - 2016/17

~This season was really special we ended up getting promotion this year after being tipped for a relegation battle.

League Table

Past Positions - Form was good all year around going into the last few games season it dipped a bit but we managed to secure our, spot in Play offs semi final leg 1 vs Guiseley wich we won 4-3 but going into the Play offs second leg semi final was not confidant we would get threw but we manged to win 2-1 to put us in the Play offs final vs Worcester witch we won 5 - 2.

FA Carlsberg Trophy- We got beat in the second round vs luton town 2-1.

Fa Cup- I wanted to go as far as we could and we got to the second round proper and got beat of a strong Gillingham side 3 1.

Transfers- Not much going on but bit of a clear out.

Squad 1

Squad 2- Was rotate the squad this year and telling players how i felt about the way they were playing.

Finances- Still in the red but wages are lot better since i getting rid some the deadwood.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - Top Scorer this season he was brilliant shame he picked a knock up in training just before the playoffs.

Lewis Hilliard -the creative player in the middle of the park.

Luke Shulberg -My best center half had really good season.

Kevin Porter- One kids i promoted this year did well got few goals for me.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2016/17  3rd     Playoff winners

Next Season

I think next season is just going to try and enjoy my time in the skrill premiership and try pick few wins here and there going be long tough season.

St. Neots - Skrill Premier - 2017/18

Our Promotion season was over shadowed by our poor display in this season form we were the worst team in the league.

League Table

Past Positions - our defense and goalkeepers were horrendous this year.

FA Carlsberg Trophy- We got beat in the second round vs Exeter and got beat 3-1

Fa Cup- I wanted to go as far as we could and we got to the second round proper and got beat of Hyde 3-1.

Transfers- Again Not much going on but bit of a clear out.

Squad- We were the worst team in the League we were poor all season.

Finances- Still not grate but better now i got the wages under controll.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - Top Scorer a poor season from him will be looking to have more goals from him next season.

Kurt McKenzie -Poor season was shocking.

Oliver Pollard -My pick from the youth team did well in few game he played.

Eddie Adjei-back up player did well when i asked him to get the goals.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2017/18  24th     Relegated

Next Season

I think next season is just going to try and forget about this season and try to rebuild the defense.

St. Neots - Skrill North- 2018/19

After last season relegation this season was about trying to bounce straight back up .

League Table

Past Positions - In the end we were not good nuff to go back up this year our form again late in season let us down.

FA Carlsberg Trophy- Wanted to at least have bit cup run in this years competition but never did a 4 -1 loss to Tamworth.

Fa Cup- I was shocked at how far we came in this got beat by Blackburn 3-0 in the third round.

Transfers- bought one player in later in January transfer window.

Squad- Had decent squad this season much better than last year.

Finances- The fa cup run helped us a bit but no major improvement.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Moses-Garvey - Top Scorer yet again with 20 goals this season.

Kurt McKenzie -Another poor season his inconstant performance this season has left me no doubt to make him second choice goalkeeper next year.

James Mathebula - he only played few games but looked decent for next season.

Josh Closei-Second forward got few goals but form dipped later in season hope he can start score again.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2018/19  8th     

Next Season

hopefully try get a better finish than this year and to learn from this year's mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

St. Neots - Skrill North- 2019/20

So after finishing 8th place last season i wanted to try and do a lot better this year and we managed it by wining the play offs yet again.

League Table

Past Positions -we were challenged for the league for most of the season but we had to get promotion via play offs.

Playoff Semi Final vs Fc united was a tricky game but we won.

Playoff Final vs Hereford again thought this was going to be bit tricky but we manged to beat them 2-1.

FA Carlsberg Trophy-was not the best of years for us in this.

Fa Cup- I wanted to go on another cup run but we could not get past gateshead who ended our dreams this year.

Transfers- Another season of getting rid of the deadwood.

Squad- We had decent squad this season everyone performed well.

Finances- The wages are some what a bit better but were still in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Lewis Hilliard -one of the joys this season got more goals from him this year than i have in previous seasons.

Kurt McKenzie -I know i said was not going to play him much but he seams to be the best goalkeeper i have at the club.

James Mathebula - he was the star scored 6 goals in 5 games wich is not bad.

Chris Evans- He was quality from the midfield chipped in with few goals to help us get promotion.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2018/19  8th     
2019/20 3rd  Playoff winners  

Next Season

hopefully try and build a squad strong a nuff to avoid relegation and get the wages a bit more better.

St. Neots - Skrill North- 2020/21

So after promotion back to the skrill premiership our aim was to avoid relegation.

League Table

Past Positions- As you can see was a tough season for us.

FA Carlsberg Trophy-was not the best of years for us in this.

Fa Cup- I was not interested in this this year as league was my main target.

Transfers- Still trying to get the right balance players in.

Squad- We had decent squad this season did well to avoid relegation.

Finances- we got new chairman in so hopefully he going to invest some cash into club unlike the last one.

Key Player Profiles:

Lewis Hilliard -one start in my squad played well this season.

Kurt McKenzie - Still my no1 goalkeeper.

Louis Franklin - he played well demeaned first team football so i give it to him and scored few goals to.

Teddy Ngoy- He was one my new players this season took a while to settle down.

Career Overview

2014/15  18th        
2015/16  17th       
2018/19  8th     
2019/20 3rd  Playoff winners 
2020/21 20th    

Next Season

we proberly be in relegation battle again so try an build squad and decent formation to avoid relegation.

Archived