I Have Two Young Players, One Wanted By Big Clubs And Other Not

These Two Young Players Have More Or Less Same Stats/Star Level.....But One Is Wanted By Liverpool. Arsenal, PSG.... The Other Player Is Not Wanted At All.

Does This Mean The Young Player Wanted By Top Clubs Is a Future STAR.....Should I Keep Him.....

Also Is This How You Tell Furture Stars In Your Club, THanks

With respect to judging the future potential of my own players I mainly trust the judgement of my assistant manager, assuming that he had good stats in judging potential (he always has because if he doesn't I replace him immediately with one who does).

The second thing I look at is the personality of the player. Those with a personality description for which a high rating in the (hidden) professionalism attribute is required shall be likely to reach their potential. Others can still be turored in order to aid them.

The interest of big clubs in young talents always indicates that this player is likely to have a high PA. However that should come at no real surprise unless you have no or just a crappy ass man.

The absence of such interest is however not proving the opposite. Thus you can use it as a positive indicator but not as a negative indicator.

The value of such indicator should be little however, as I would expect you to be aware of the potential already before.

In one situation however the value of the indicator may be even bigger. That is if you are a really small club in a league with considerably lower reputation. In that case the perceived ability and potential of players is lower, which is caused by the low reputation. It works as some kind of glass ceiling to scout judgments. Basically if you see a youngster in Armenia performing well it's difficult to judge whether he stands out because the others are bad or if he really may have the potential to make it in the EPL. Scouts usually assume the former. Any evaluation of his potential may thus be too low and many players of fairly varied potential may be judged to have comparable potentials due to the glass ceiling.

In that case the interest of a big club in such kid is a very likely and valuable indicator that this kid is likely better than others which are rated at the same levels.

both 18 year olds, before i started this post the stats i was talking about was skill, pass, dribb, tech, etc , i know now to look deeper

Could be reputation, personality, value, or just the fact that the second guy hasn't been scouted as thoroughly (play him more and see what happens). Maybe he said he has no intention of signing for those teams (out of loyalty?). I see that quite a bit in scouting reports, so I assume the AI teams see that from time to time as well. It could also just be the randomness of the game - it is just ones and zeros driven by an RNG after all.

Also Is This How You Tell Furture Stars In Your Club, THanks

This is of course much tougher. In general, you can look at star ratings and see what your coaches think of his potential, and that's a decent indicator. If you nurture him correctly, you will almost always see that potential realized (the game is a bit too forgiving in that regard). Get them in competitive Senior matches (not friendlies) as much as possible and set their individual training, so don't loan them out. Get their Professionalism attribute as high as possible through tutoring - the higher that is, the more likely they are to reach that potential. Get rid of Slack, Casual, or Jovial players (unless you have Professional tutors for them and they respond to that tutoring). For more detail, read one of Cleon's training/development threads.

Here is a decent guide on player personalities: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-personalities There are also detailed threads about them on this site, but that guide sums it up nicely.

Archived