Completely Separate English League - the 20/20 of football

9sublime

Hi there,

This may be a stupid question as I never really mess around with the editor, but...

Would it be possible to create a completely distinct new league, based in England, with brand new English teams. Kind of like a rival to the Premier League, in the same way there is Rugby Union and Rugby League (except the basic laws of the game would obviously be the same).

In essence, I'd want the Premier League and all other competitions to run side by side with my new competiton, but have a new league with new clubs, and the ability for players to freely move between the two different formats. I'd probably set the competition to have a similar reputation as the Championship/League One.

Ideally I'd like every league game to go to penalties or extra time (would I have to run the league as a cup with prolonged group stages instead to do this), to make the experience an exciting but horrible, bastardised version of football.

I don't want teams to be promoted or relegated between the two systems, essentially there is no crossover. They wouldn't play in Europe, as I think that would be way to complex to implement from my rudimentary knowledge of editing.

I'm very sure it's doable (including requiring extra time and penalties to settle draws). The Secondary Divisions option in nation rules should be able to provide you with what you want – and the winner can't get into Europe either.

But for extra time/penalties in league matches, you would need to use advanced editor, which you may or may not be able to grasp too easily if you're new to editing. I've been editing for years and I'm not massively comfortable with the advanced editor.

Archived