Own goals from corners

So I just lost 6-5 on aggregate to Reading in the play-offs semi-final extra-time. First leg, 3-1 up, then Gomis scores a calamitous own goal from a corner before Jonathan Walters makes it 3-3 with a fine strike.

Alright, bit annoying, but these things happen. 2-1 up in the second leg, only for Harry Maguire to head into his own net from two yards. Into extra-time we go, the game is cheating, but I'll still overcome it.

Nah. 111th minute, in comes another routine corner, but Ben Foster decides to drop it into his own net. There's no response to that.

What is this? I've just wasted an entire ****ing season - roughly 12 hours of my life? - only to be completely cheated, or glitched, or however you want to phrase it, out of promotion.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this is a common glitch? Either way, I think I'm out. SI, you've become lazy, and you need competition to wake up.

Would you have posted this had you won in such circumstances? And be completely honest here.

Probably not because I'm not a regular here, but is that really the point? I haven't been on the benefit of an own goal from a corner as far as I can remember, certainly not in such calamitous fashion. If it's a deflection then fair enough.

Probably not because I'm not a regular here, but is that really the point? I haven't been on the benefit of an own goal from a corner as far as I can remember, certainly not in such calamitous fashion. If it's a deflection then fair enough.

It's the same match engine for the AI that it is for you, so there's no 'cheating' going on, you've merely been the victim of horrendous bad luck at the worst possible time. I can understand you being annoyed, but unless this happens every game you play, you can't really blame the game, per se.

Archived