The Libero/Sweeper Project

I played through a near full season playing the tactic a bit. I realized I wasn't going to get the type of play from the Libero I really wanted. They simply just do not get forward enough no matter what I try. Instead, I started a new save with Newcastle and tried what I thought would be a bit of a defensive formation utilizing a sweeper and DMs:

onZPxHI.png

I settled with a Regista and an Anchor Man since i have the wings on attack, letting the anchor to help on the defensive side of the ball. The Regista seemed to accomplish what I was hoping for with the Libero, just a little more up the pitch. Here's an example from a late game against Arsenal:

YNxC0cZ.pnggn1LU2x.pngtLGgncE.png

I've settled with a DLF as the lone striker paired with an AP and a SS, but I'm still a bit unsure how to arrange the attacking front. I have the CWB's push up the bitch and cross to the middle, so maybe going with a CF or TM would be better served?

The tactic seems very solid defensively with most of the goals conceded coming from set pieces/corners.

tcb96O3.png

The squad has allowed the second least amount of goals, but they also only have a +11 GD. Now to think of what tweaks I can make to lead to some more scoring chances out of the attacking three. Currently I have it set as Balanced/Fluid. I'm thinking maybe switching to Attacking/Fluid would give me more towards the goal in the attacking third?

Transfers:

Alfred Finnbogason - needed striker help due to injuries

Mateo Musacchio - needed CD depth and a true sweeper

Nicola Murru - needed wingback depth on the right side

Henrique - bought as a future prospect, but ended up selling Santon and playing him (great cheap buy at start)

George Thorne - wanted a bigger young DM for the future and rotation/cup matches

Download tactic (from dropbox)

A libero won't work in the shape you used because there was 2 DMC's in the way. In order to get a libero to work there cannot be a DMC in the way because he will either get in the liberos way or the libero will pass to him and not continue the run.

Right, previously, which I forgot to include, this was the shape I was using:

L4wA4yP.png

He would never seem to go much higher than my CB's, even with "get further forward" and the get forward whenever possible PPM

Archived