Laptop help needed...

I'm getting rid of my current laptop, which can currently run FM upto FM12, but want to get one that can run FM13, and hopefully FM14.

I've found an Asus laptop at PC World, for £449.99, and just want to know if it'll be up to the job

Specs:

Intel Core processor i3 2350M (2.3 GHZ, 1333 GHZ, 3 MB Cache)

Operating: Windows 8

RAM: 6GB DDR3 (8GB MAX)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 610M

Graphics card memory: 2GB DDR3

3D would be nice, but I can easily play in 2D :)

Any help would be majorly appreciated

Do not buy that laptop, the cpu is now 2 generations old, will get back to you on links to similar priced laptops with a more current cup.

Do not buy that laptop, the cpu is now 2 generations old, will get back to you on links to similar priced laptops with a more current cup.

Cheers mate! Pretty unsure on current CPU specs

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_350-_Core_i5-3210M_6GB_Ram_750GB_HDD_DVDRW_15.6_Screen_Win_8__NP350V5C-A0EUK/version.asp

This is available for £10 less, will be honest & say that I have no experience of Samsung laptops but I hazard a guess that the quality is no worse than what you'll get from PC World, if you're willing to wait until a little closer to the launch of FM14 there will be more options available with the latest Intel cpu's, the one I've linked is from the last generation of Intel chips but if your need is urgent it will serve you well for a number of years of happy FM'ing.

There's another on PC World (looking there as it's close to me) with these specs at £449:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHZ, 3.1 GHZ with TurboBoost, DMI 5 GT/s, 3 MB Cache)

Operating System: Windows 8

RAM: 6GB, DDR3 (8GB MAX)

Graphics card: Shared Intel HD Graphics 4000

Hard Drive: 750GB, SATA II, 5400 RPM

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_350-_Core_i5-3210M_6GB_Ram_750GB_HDD_DVDRW_15.6_Screen_Win_8__NP350V5C-A0EUK/version.asp

T

his is available for £10 less, will be honest & say that I have no experience of Samsung laptops but I hazard a guess that the quality is no worse than what you'll get from PC World, if you're willing to wait until a little closer to the launch of FM14 there will be more options available with the latest Intel cpu's, the one I've linked is from the last generation of Intel chips but if your need is urgent it will serve you well for a number of years of happy FM'ing.

That's pretty nice, cheers bud.

The one I've posted is easier for me to reach (in terms of being able to get it today), what would you say about the comparison?

That's more like it & a fair price too, enjoy to buzz that comes with buying a new piece of tech.

Edit: Based on the spec's you've posted they appear to be identical.

There's another on PC World (looking there as it's close to me) with these specs at £449:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHZ, 3.1 GHZ with TurboBoost, DMI 5 GT/s, 3 MB Cache)

Operating System: Windows 8

RAM: 6GB, DDR3 (8GB MAX)

Graphics card: Shared Intel HD Graphics 4000

Hard Drive: 750GB, SATA II, 5400 RPM

There are i-5 laptops with more memory than that on this site, £40 cheaper too >>>

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/products/finder/FFE00000-00000000-00000000-30000000

Archived