FM13: FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Become The Best In Ukraine Then Europe

lfc7

WELCOME TO FC DNIPRO DNIPROPETROVSK

sortedmainpictwo.jpg

Why Dnipro ?

Dnipro are classed as the 4th best team in Ukraine, so the challenge is to break the dominance of Shakhtar and Dynamo Kyiv with Metalist also in the frame for the title. Football Manager doesn't count the Soviet Union League titles (2) and Cups (4) that Dnipro won, so on the game they have never won a trophy. Also during the course of the save the challenge is to get the club's first trophies and more on board, qualify for the Champions League for the first time in the club's history and then look to win it years down the line, a tough ask. Dnipro also have some really good Ukrainian talent with which you can look to build on, anyway if you decide to be Dnipro have fun and good luck

History

(Wiki)The club's franchise traces its history all the way back when the first team that was formed in 1918 by the Petrovsky factory and was called as BRIT (Brianskyi Robitnychyi Industrialnyi Tekhnikum). The team participated in the regional competition (Katerynoslav championship). With the four other teams BRIT played its games on small stadium "Sokil" which was located on the corner of the Pushkin street and Yuriy Savchenko street.

Due to World War I, BRIT was disbanded, but on May 9, 1925 a new team was formed in Dnipropetrovsk (coincidently, later the day became to be known as the Victory Day). The team participated under a generic name as football team of Petrovsky factory. The official name it received in 1926 when it became to be known as "Petrovets". The team entered the first Soviet competition under the name of Stal (steel -engl) in 1936 in one of the lower divisions. The team participated in the three championship before World War II. After the war, in 1947, the team reentered the Soviet competition and was merged with another club from Dnipropetrovsk, Dynamo Dnipropetrovsk. From 1949 until 1961, the team was called Metalurh (from English metal worker). During this time the team participated for three seasons, 1950–1952, among the amateurs due to poor results. In 1954, Metalurh Dnipropetrovsk reached the semi-finals of the USSR Cup, where it lost to Spartak Yerevan.

In 1961, the team was handed over to its new sponsor, the Yugmash (the Southern machine-producing factory), which at that time was one of the most powerful factories in the entire Soviet Union and was funded by the Ministry of Defense. The new sponsor changed the team's name to the Russian name of Dnepr, Dnieper, as the Russian was the accepted language of the Soviet Union and the Soviet government. The team's performance did not change much until after 1968, when Dnepr obtained Andriy Biba and the new coach – Valery Lobanovsky. After that it took the team three years to get promoted to the Soviet Top League and eventually took sixth place in 1972.

In 1973 and 1976 Dnepr reached the semi-finals of the USSR Cup competition. In 1978 the team was relegated to the lower league for two years. Their next return to the top flight was not as inviting as their first one and the team languished at the bottom of the table for several years. In the following years, the governing body of the team hired new promising coaches – Volodymyr Yemets and Hennadiy Zhizdik. After those changes, Dnepr became a strong contender for the Soviet championship winning it twice: once with Yemets and Zhizdik in 1983, and another one with Yevhen Kucherevsky in 1988. Also, in 1989 Dnepr became the first professional football club in the Soviet Union. During those years, the team featured many notable players such as Oleg Protasov, Hennadiy Litovchenko, Oleksiy Cherednyk, and Oleh Taran.

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, the club took on the Ukrainian version name of Dnipro, the name of the biggest river and one of the major symbols of Ukraine. The club joined the football federation of the native country and remained one of the top contenders in the newly formed Ukrainian Premier League. The team received silver medals in 1993 as well as the bronze in 1992, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2004. The team also reached the Ukrainian Cup finals in 1995, 1997 and 2004, but lost all three to Shakhtar Donetsk.

FC Dnipro is currently controlled by the Privat Group, there also exist a friendship between supporters of Dnipro and Dynamo Kyiv, there biggest rival is Metalist Kharkiv.

Club Information

Nation - Ukraine

Founded - 1918

Status - Professional

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends - Andriy Rusol, Eugene Kucherevskyi

Icons - Sergiy Nazarenko, Gennadiy Lytovchenko, Oleg Protasov, Maxym Kalinichenko, Bernd Stange

Favoured Personnel - Eugene Konoplyanka, Rusian Rotan, Juande Ramos, Nikola Kalinic

Fierce Rivals - Metalist, Shakhtar

Other Rivals - Metalurg Zp, Kryvbas, Chornomorets

Finances - Rich

Estimated value - £80M

Continental Competition - EURO Cup

Media prediction - 4th

Squad Personality - Ambitious

Expectations

EURO Cup Qualification (League) - £5M/£220K p/w

Champions Cup Qualification (League) - £6.25M/£240K p/w

Title Challenge - £6.75M/£245K p/w

The club is currently spending £102,404 p/w on wages

Dnipro Arena

Since the club's foundation in 1918, Dnipro's home was Stadium Meteor in Dnipropetrovsk. The stadium was rebuilt in 1966 on the original site and has undergone several renovations since, the last one being in 2001. However in 2002 after several spells in European competitions, it became clear that the club needed a new modern venue. Thus, in 2005 Pryvat Group started construction of Dnipro Arena in the centre of Dnipropetrovsk. The club played its last game at Meteor on 2 September 2008, against Metalist Kharkiv. In April 2005 the club's new arena broke ground. It was constructed by Germany's largest construction company Hochtief. The construction itself took 3 years and 4 months, but a nine month delay occurred due to a land dispute over a site where the stadium's car park was planned. The stadium's final capacity is 31,003 people and the initial estimated cost of the construction was set at €40,000,000.

The stadium was opened on 15 September 2008. The opening ceremony featured a speech by Ukrainian president Victor Yushchenko, a concert performance by a number of famous Ukrainian musicians and two football matches: Veterans of Dynamo Kyiv vs Spartak Moscow veterans, and Dnipro against Dynamo Kyiv. As a present to the club from the city the street that the stadium is situated on was renamed into Kucherevskyi Boulevard, in honour of Dnipro's late coach Yevhen Kucherevskyi. Dnipro played their first official game on 29 September 2008 against their local rivals FC Metalurh Zaporizhya, but Dnipro lost 1–2. They set a new attendance record for the Ukrainian Premier League 2008–09 season, at 31,000 spectators

dniproarena3.jpg

Squad Analysis

Players in Black=Ukrainian

Goalkeeper

Denis Shelikhov - Has the potential to be a good Keeper in the future, but you have Bashtanenko who is younger and has more potential so could sell.

Olexiy Bashtanenko - Has the potential to be one of the best Keepers in the league in the future so would look to give him as many games as possible, even loan him out, plus he is Ukrainian.

Review - No 1 Keeper needed urgently, you have Jan Lastuvka in Dnipro 2 who is transfer listed, you could keep as back up with the other two not ready, or sell.

Targets - O.Bandura (Metalurg D), Renan (Internacional) free in Jan, A.Dykan (Spartak Moscow), D.Boyko (Dynamo Kyiv)

Central Defence

Ondrej Mazuch - Your best Central Defender and with him being 23 can be in your side for a few years yet, although he is one of your highest earners.

Odibe - A good young defender with only his determination letting him down, but performed very well for me, just a shame he is only on loan till Dec 31st, try and get him back on loan if you can, i had no luck.

Eugene Cheberyachko - A good backup player who at 28 provides some experience at the back can also play at Centre Midfield and Defensive Midfield.

Review - So with only two Central Defenders and Odibe only on loan till the end of Dec you should look at bringing a player or two in, Mandzyuk can play here but with Fedetskyi being injured for the first two months he will be needed at Right Back.

Targets - O.Volovyk (Metalurg D), V.Checher (Metalurg D), P.Miranda, R.Toloi (Sao Paulo)

Full Back

Vitaliy Mandzyuk - Good player who will provide some good competition with Fedetskyi, can also play at CD

Artem Fedetskyi - Good player like Mandzyuk who doesn't need urgently replacing straight away, can also play at MC/DM, is Injured for the first 2 months.

Review - No players needing to come in here as you have two good RB's. You also have a young RB on loan from Dynamo Kyiv, but i would terminate the loan straight away and Samuel Inkoom at Dnipro 2, but he has some really worrying stats in key areas so i would advise to sell.

Targets - E.Opanasenko (Metalurg Zp), G.Peruzzi (Velez), C.Rapa (Otelul)

Ivan Strinic - 1st choice left back with Denisov as back up, but is on almost 12k a week. I kept him as he performed well but if you can get some one in for less wages then go for it.

Vitaly Denisov - As your Left Back slot is taken up by a FGN in Strinic, Denisov is also FGN and provides good backup.

Review - Like Right Back this area is covered for now unless you have the other weak areas covered and have money available.

Targets - E.Selin (Vorskla), V.Polyovyi (Arsenal Kiev).

Central/Defensive Midfield

Derek Boateng - Good Central Midfielder alongside Rotan, the only thing that lets him down is his marking which id try and work on, although with him being 29 am not too sure, still performed well for me in a Ball Winning Midfielder role.

Ruslan Rotan - Key Midfielder who is also your Captain, like Boateng one or two stats let him down, but does his job well and can do so for the next 2 or 3 years.

Seriy Kravchenko - Decent backup player who did a job when called upon, could sell if you can get someone better in.

Ruslan Babenko - A player who could be a key player in the next few years but as he is already 19 will need tutoring and some game time.

Review - So you have two good starting players, but only decent backup so would look to try and bring someone in even on loan, although Fedetskyi, Cheberyachko, Odibe, Aliev and Giuliano(prefer to play him at Attacking Midfield) can play in Central Midfield. You also have Jaba Kankava in Dnipro 2 who could be sold and a young plyer on loan from Dynamo Kyiv but i sent him back.

Targets - Casemiro (Sao Paulo), F.Anderson (Santos), I.Chaykovskyi (lllichivets)

Attacking Midfield/Winger

Giuliano - A key player who has it all goals, assists, killer free kicks. Should never be sold and at 22 could have another 10 years at the club.

Eugene Konoplyanka - Best Ukrainian player at the club and like Giuliano a Key player for the team. Never sell him and watch him develop.

Roman Zozulya - Another Ukrainian talent who will be a Key player for the team, as he is 22 make sure you play him enough to develop even more.

Denys Oliynyk - A good player who provides backup across all Attacking Midfield areas so you could keep for his versitilaty plus he is Ukrainian or sell as he is worth £7M.

Olexandr Aliev - On loan from Dynamo Kyiv and provides competiton on the left and centre. i sent back as he kept getting injured then got upset when i never played him.

Denys Kulakov - A decent backup player who is injured at the start for 2-3 months, i would look to sell as i found that when he came back he was constantly getting injured.

Review - Pretty much no need for incomings here unless you have other players in mind, i did sign Wellington Nem and Roman Bezus myself.

Targets - Wellington Nem (Fluminense), Adryan (Flamengo), R.Bezus (Vorskla), M.Morozyuk (Metalurg D)

Striker

Eugene Seleznyov - A good experienced striker who wil provide goals over the next few years (ecspecially in the League).

Nikola Kalinic - Another good striker alongside Seleznyov who should get you goals over the years

Matheus - Would look to sell straight away as he is your top earner on 17k a week and just isnt worth it.

Eugene Bokhashvili - Like Babenko he is 19 and has potential but will need games and tutoring to make sure he gets there, could be a good player in a few years.

Review - If you are playing two upfront then i would suggest bringing someone in even more so if you get rid of Matheus.

Targets - Ademilson (Sao Paulo), Facundo Ferreyra (Velez)

Tactics

dniprotactics2.png

Am not amazing with tactics so though i would just post up my tactic i used in season 1.

Thanks for reading and enjoy being Dnipro

Good post!

Dnipro was my 2nd favorite save in FM12 after my Dynamo Kyiv save. The Ukrainian league is great to play in and Dnipro are almost "plug and play" with little tinkering required to begin your domination!

I hope to be able to contribute to this thread but I was late buying FM this year and have a couple other saves to try first.

Disappointing to hear Matheus didn't produce for you. He was scoring for fun as a poacher for me last year, but a little injury prone.

Good post!

Dnipro was my 2nd favorite save in FM12 after my Dynamo Kyiv save. The Ukrainian league is great to play in and Dnipro are almost "plug and play" with little tinkering required to begin your domination!

I hope to be able to contribute to this thread but I was late buying FM this year and have a couple other saves to try first.

Disappointing to hear Matheus didn't produce for you. He was scoring for fun as a poacher for me last year, but a little injury prone.

Thanks i enjoy playing in the Ukrainian League, i always went Shakhtar a few years back then last year i went Metalist, ive never gone Dynamo Kyiv as i class them on the same level as Shakhtar. My next save in Ukraine either in FM13 or 14 will most probably be Arsenal Kyiv, Vorskla or Metalurg D to make it even more of a challenge. As for Matheus i just dont think he is worth the 17k and add his performances that's why i got rid, look forward to seeing you in here when you get the chance

Season 1 Report

So the aim this season was to finsih in the top 2 and get as far as i could in Europe, i know the team hasn't won a trophy, but i didnt play exactly my best side for the Ukrainian cup and never will as my priority is the League and Europe.

Ukrainian Premier League

I lead the league for a good while but lost it on the last day and was gutted, went into the final game a point clear of Shakhtar, and went in a ht with a 1-0 lead away at Tarvia, start of 2nd half Strinic gets sent off and Tarvia get a penalty. With time running out and the score still 1-1 i went all out attack and conceded another two goals right at the death so lost the title by 2 points, i was devastated after leading for so long

ukrainianpremierleagueo.png

ukrainianpremierleagueo.png

Ukrainian Cup

Got Knocked out in the 3rd round by Chornomorets 1-0 away

EURO Cup

Finished 2nd in my group which contained Leverkusen, Lazio and Academica i then faced Spurs in the First knockout Round and lost 5-3 on agg

Transfers

dnipro2transfers2012201.png

Spent more than i wanted to (changed my expectations in Jan so was given more money), but was forced to buy Bezus as Shakhtar bid for him and with him being one of the best Ukrainian players on the game i couldnt lose out to them with the talent they already have. Nem was amazing and Bandura did ok am hoping for a bigger season from him this year. All Transfers were for money upfront so shall be looking to break even over the next year or two.

Squad

dniprodnipropetrovsksqu.png

Some amazing performances from Giuliano, Nem, Kalinic and even Volovyk who was only signed for cheap, as you can see the majority of the team performed well

So on to season 2 were am hoping to win the League and get through the Qualifying Round in the Champions League and into the group stage, the Ukrainian League moved up one place in the competiton reputation aswell which is good, thanks for reading.

great post. I never tried a Ukrainian save but fancying one with Metalurg D since long. How are they compared to Dnipro?

Thanks :) Dnipro are much stronger and will have better finances am sure, but Metalurg D have some really good players in Olexandr Bandura, Olexandr Voloyvk, Mykola Morozyuk, Gevorg Ghazaryan, V.Checher and maybe Junior Moraes (not sure if he starts there). Tbh am going to be Metalurg D or Vorskla (R.Bezus :D) after my Dnipro save and will do a thread if one hasnt been made. I also signed Bandura and Voloyvk for my Dnipro side and ive just got Checher on a free in season 2.

I like it when money is tight and you have to fight your way up against the economical giants... so yes Metalurg D.

Well in my current save with Roma, Arsenal bought Konoplyanka for >35M pounds at the start of second season. So you can expect a pretty good windfall if you decide to sell him.

I like it when money is tight and you have to fight your way up against the economical giants... so yes Metalurg D.

Well in my current save with Roma, Arsenal bought Konoplyanka for >35M pounds at the start of second season. So you can expect a pretty good windfall if you decide to sell him.

Most probably go Metalurg D myself when am finished with Dnipro (although it may be a while), if i got a £35M bid for Konoplyanka it would make me think thats for sure

Cant believe no one has started a save with Dnipro (dont know what your missing) anyway ill just get on with it on my own ;) for anyone thats interested am a few games into season 2. I need to play Olympiakos in the CL 2nd Leg play off to get in the group stages, am winning 4-2 from the first leg so should go through

Was wrong about getting into the group stages am only into the playoffs were i face Marseille

dude post a summary of your first season... your txrs? how r the finances now?
I already did one look a few posts up, as for finances with me spending the extra money in jan of season 1 on Bezus, I didnt get much of a budget for season 2 (about £2M) but you have lots of players that were out on loan that come back which you can look to sell in season 2 to boost your funds up a bit

Season 1

Summary through to the Winter break in my first season.

Well I couldnt resist and abandoned my Bayern Munich and Dynamo Kyiv saves to make a start with Dnipro. The starting squad is pretty good and it does really feel like a "squad" rather than a starting 11 and some ring ins which is a good thing. Dnipro 2 has some players you should promote to the main squad like Inkoom (to cover RB till Fedetskyi is fit).

The board does insist that you play attractive attacking football, and with the squad you have its very easy to accomplish, especially at home. This league is tougher than you think, and the likes of Metalurg D and Illichivets will send you to the locker room in tears if you think you can prance in with your all out attack in their backyards!

This is my main tactic I use with my preferred starting 11:

DniproDnipropetrovsk_TacticsOverview_zps9b5a9206.png

I use "Drill Crosses" and tone down everyone's Long Shots, with the exception of Aliev if he is in the team.

For tricky away games I drop the AM C and use a DMC, Boateng as an Anchor man if hes available and use a balanced counter attack.

Transfers:

Despite a hefty budget I didnt really bring too many players in. I addressed the GK situation and later got former Zenit youngster Luka Djordavic on a free. I approached Basel keeper Yann Sommer, but he was not interested in a move to Ukraine.

Dnipro_TransfersHistory_zpsddc81e58.png

As the season progressed, my biggest regret was not bringing in another DM to cover Boateng. I would love to get Tymoschuk from Bayern, but Im not sure if it can be pulled off!

The schedule as Dnipro gets very hectic with the Europa league and the domestic cup so if you aren't happy with aspects of your squad be sure to bring people in. I also recommend getting another Central Defender.

My domestic season looks like this as we go into the Winter Break:

UkrainianPremierLeague_OverviewProfile_zps481c7008.png

DniproDnipropetrovsk_SquadPlayers_zps12d81d88.png

Goal scoring is spread pretty evenly which is OK, but I do like a striker that bangs them in. I use my DLF as support which costs them a few goals I guess.

Defensively I have been OK but its the side of the game I have always struggled with tactically.

Standout players are Zozyula and Seleznyov offensively. Odibe is a beast defensively and I wish he was mine to keep! Konoplyanka has been OK but since I play him as a winger his production is probably down a bit. If I did my season over again I would probably try play Giuliano as AMC and see if it made a difference. He is wasted a bit Outside on the right, but still plays OK with the odd flash of brilliance. With Zozulya being a youngster and not as good out of position he got the nod.

Europa League:

This was a bust like I knew it was going to be. I had an absolute cracking game to qualify against Sloven Liberc that I won 5-4 away. On the home leg I put them away 3-1 to get to the group stage.

I was pretty unlucky with my group getting Inter and Anji aswell as PAOK whom I got my only 6 points off. Inter slaughtered me and Yuri Zhirkov (Anji) schooled me like no other player in my long CM/FM history. I got pretty lucky with injuries when I played the big teams with the likes of Etoo and Sneijder missing but they were just too good. Inter I knew would wreck me, but I thought I would have a crack at Anji, but alas no.

With all my Ukrainian saves I really don't enjoy the European competitions. I think you have to be very good tactically and have some luck go your way!

Summary/Thoughts:

I have been pretty lucky in the league as the big 3 all got off to slow starts. Metalist were garbage early on but are doing well now. Shakhtar drew too many games otherwise would be top by a mile. Kyiv lost a lot of games and are slowly coming good but too far gone I feel.

Roman Bezus has only played 12 games so Vorskla are near the bottom. If you want to cripple them try and buy him. He is a cracking player and Ill be looking at him myself.

Matheus has barely been a factor for me in FM 13. Like LFC7 says, you could look at selling him as he is 3rd string at striker and he is on big wages. I regret not doing so and will look at moving him on.

Denisov was the subject of bids around 7.5 mill so there is money to be made if you can find a cheaper back up to cover Strinic.

Mandyzuk is in the same boat. If you trust Inkoom as cover you could move him on to bolster the transfer kitty.

You definitely need a No 1 GK so shop around before hitting that first Continue.

If you play with a DM or tough tackling midfielder bring in Cover for Boateng. Ive had him injured and suspended and Cheberyachko is average as a DM and likely needed in defence.

Highlight (and low light since they are my fave team IRL) was beating Kyiv 3-0 at there place. Andrada had a blinder stopping 6 shots for the shutout. Shot count DK 19/6 Dnipro 9/4 (3 goals)

Ill do an update once I complete my season.

Some good signings and looking good in the league so far, i signed Bandura as i like my keepers to be Ukrainian if possible when am having a save in Ukraine. Dont know wheter you seen my season 1 review, but i lead the league for most of the season.

Shakhtar were always close behind then i ended up losing it on the last day :( gutted. I spent more than i wanted, but i couldnt let Bezus sign for Shakhtar and they had agreed the fee i ended up paying so had no choice really, keep updating it will be good to see this thread busy :)

I am starting Dnipro save tonight probably. Only thing I don0t like is this 7 FGN max rule, because down the line I find a big shortage of quality ukrainian players. The same goes for russin league. But I'll give it a shot.

Welcome to the thread :) look forward to hear about your save, as for the 7 FGN in the Dnipro team at the start Rotan, Konoplyanka, Zozulya, Seleznyov and Mandzyuk are just some of the quality/good Ukrainian players you have in the side so you will be ok for a while. There is also some you can buy in the likes of Bezus and Chaykovskyi.

This Konoplyanka is driving me insane with his PPM shoots from distance. This patch beeing long shot heavy as soon as he gets the ball he runs a bit and shoots from 30 yards. i don't think he crossed one ball!!..i put him to retrain that but coach said he won't be able to do it. I even consider about benching him.

I bought Bandura,some gk, Adryan and Rybalka from Kiev. after 6 games,i have 3w 2d 1l..I hope this Babaenko guy will become a star,he looks quite good.

I've decided to give this game a go, hope to have a mid season report up later!

Welcome to the thread :)

This Konoplyanka is driving me insane with his PPM shoots from distance. This patch beeing long shot heavy as soon as he gets the ball he runs a bit and shoots from 30 yards. i don't think he crossed one ball!!..i put him to retrain that but coach said he won't be able to do it. I even consider about benching him.

I bought Bandura,some gk, Adryan and Rybalka from Kiev. after 6 games,i have 3w 2d 1l..I hope this Babaenko guy will become a star,he looks quite good.

Ive noticed that myself does drive me crazy, i sometimes play him on the right and he doesnt seem to do it as much. Babaenko is doing well on my save ive been trying to give him as many games as i can possible

Season 1 Winter Break to Seasons End Summary

The board were obviously happy with how things were going and decided to let me splash some cash! I had already spent 4 mill of the initial 8.4 mill budget and as the Window opened spent the rest and then some on monthly installments (I usually do a 50/50 split with half in cash and half on payment for transfers over 5mill).

BradKakoschke_NewsInbox-2_zpsd7a09338.png

Transfer Summary

Dnipro_TransfersHistory_zps558ef96b.png

It might be a bit hard to read so heres a breakdown of the big moves and how they did (Avg Rating/Goals) :

Jano (Spartak) - Was on my shortlist and was surprisingly transfer listed. 2 mill seemed like a good deal for a young versatile attacker. 6.89 / 1

Jorge Enriqez (Chivas) - The defensive midfielder I was looking for. They bled me pretty good on this one for 11 mill but Im hoping he pays off in Europe next season! 7.14/0

Olexiy Kurilov (Vorskla) - A much need Ukrainian defender after the departure of Obide. Probably my best signing and highly recommended. Cost 11 mill. 7.56/0

Erik Sviatchenko (CFR Cluj) - An odd one this as I didn't realize he had already moved once already so he couldn't play for me! Cost 3 mill. Should be good for next season!

Denys Boyko (Kyiv 2) - Maybe a controversial signing as I already signed a decent keeper. He Ukrainian and hes the business between the sticks. For 1.4 mill you cant go wrong. 7.17 Concede 5 in 10 games.

Adryan (Flamengo) - Picked him up for 875k, one for the future. He got a bad injury and never got more than a few friendly games.

Matheus was offloaded back to Brazil for 2 mill, pretty good I though given his age and wages!

Final League Table

UkrainianPremierLeague_OverviewProfile_zpsabbf4dbe.png

I won the league by 8 points despite a few stumbles, namely losing at home 1-0 to Dynamo Kyiv (A classic FM rip off where I dominated!!) and Shakhtar at home 1-0. The other big 3 stumbled too often losing games they should have been winning. Whilst it was good to win the league it feels a bit hollow since I didn't really put many teams to the sword and relied on good defense to win 1-0, 2-0, that and the big 3 playing poorly. But we are Champions either way! Metalurg ZP were the surprise of the season!

Thoughts

A good season overall!

Konoplyanka got injured a fair bit and missed most of the second half of the season which was a disappointment and definitely noticed his absence. Jano got a few more games than he would have otherwise!

Rotan was also injured for the second half of the year. Away I played a ball busting midfield of Boateng and Enriquez, at home Babenko stepped in to pass it around.

Zozulya was my best player of the season. He covered Konoplyanka on the left and still knocked a few in, finishing with 10 goals all up. Played AMC mostly though.

Andrada was a good signing and did well until Boyko came into the side. He will be my backup next season if I cant pry Rybka from Shakhtar.

Seleznyov was pretty awesome even with his bad finishing stat (9) ! He got 17 goals in all comps and led the league domestically. Used as DLF-S. Missed multiple penalties though :(

Giulaiano was pretty good but I wanted more from him. Will possibly be a backup if I make a move for Roman Bezus (if the board gives me more money!)

Season Awards

BradKakoschke_NewsInbox_zps9e6e2063.png

How much money do you get after finishing the 1. season. No sponsorship money,does the team have sugar daddy or what is the source of income?

I only got offered £1M, but that was because i spent £9M in January on Bezus, once i qualified for the Champions League group stages the club got another £8M so with the balance going up i expect to get a boost in funds come January but will try not to spend. There is a few players that come back from loan in season 2 that you can sell to top your transfer budget up, no sugar daddy.

Season 1 Winter Break to Seasons End Summary

The board were obviously happy with how things were going and decided to let me splash some cash! I had already spent 4 mill of the initial 8.4 mill budget and as the Window opened spent the rest and then some on monthly installments (I usually do a 50/50 split with half in cash and half on payment for transfers over 5mill).

BradKakoschke_NewsInbox-2_zpsd7a09338.png

Transfer Summary

Dnipro_TransfersHistory_zps558ef96b.png

It might be a bit hard to read so heres a breakdown of the big moves and how they did (Avg Rating/Goals) :

Jano (Spartak) - Was on my shortlist and was surprisingly transfer listed. 2 mill seemed like a good deal for a young versatile attacker. 6.89 / 1

Jorge Enriqez (Chivas) - The defensive midfielder I was looking for. They bled me pretty good on this one for 11 mill but Im hoping he pays off in Europe next season! 7.14/0

Olexiy Kurilov (Vorskla) - A much need Ukrainian defender after the departure of Obide. Probably my best signing and highly recommended. Cost 11 mill. 7.56/0

Erik Sviatchenko (CFR Cluj) - An odd one this as I didn't realize he had already moved once already so he couldn't play for me! Cost 3 mill. Should be good for next season!

Denys Boyko (Kyiv 2) - Maybe a controversial signing as I already signed a decent keeper. He Ukrainian and hes the business between the sticks. For 1.4 mill you cant go wrong. 7.17 Concede 5 in 10 games.

Adryan (Flamengo) - Picked him up for 875k, one for the future. He got a bad injury and never got more than a few friendly games.

Matheus was offloaded back to Brazil for 2 mill, pretty good I though given his age and wages!

Final League Table

UkrainianPremierLeague_OverviewProfile_zpsabbf4dbe.png

I won the league by 8 points despite a few stumbles, namely losing at home 1-0 to Dynamo Kyiv (A classic FM rip off where I dominated!!) and Shakhtar at home 1-0. The other big 3 stumbled too often losing games they should have been winning. Whilst it was good to win the league it feels a bit hollow since I didn't really put many teams to the sword and relied on good defense to win 1-0, 2-0, that and the big 3 playing poorly. But we are Champions either way! Metalurg ZP were the surprise of the season!

Thoughts

A good season overall!

Konoplyanka got injured a fair bit and missed most of the second half of the season which was a disappointment and definitely noticed his absence. Jano got a few more games than he would have otherwise!

Rotan was also injured for the second half of the year. Away I played a ball busting midfield of Boateng and Enriquez, at home Babenko stepped in to pass it around.

Zozulya was my best player of the season. He covered Konoplyanka on the left and still knocked a few in, finishing with 10 goals all up. Played AMC mostly though.

Andrada was a good signing and did well until Boyko came into the side. He will be my backup next season if I cant pry Rybka from Shakhtar.

Seleznyov was pretty awesome even with his bad finishing stat (9) ! He got 17 goals in all comps and led the league domestically. Used as DLF-S. Missed multiple penalties though :(

Giulaiano was pretty good but I wanted more from him. Will possibly be a backup if I make a move for Roman Bezus (if the board gives me more money!)

Season Awards

BradKakoschke_NewsInbox_zps9e6e2063.png

Good season, congrats on the league :)

Thanks alot!

My current budget is 66,000 lol. I am waiting to sit down with the board but am not expecting much as I overspent already!

We got a 4 year sponsorship worth a paltry 65,000 a year, so no money coming from that!

Thanks alot!

My current budget is 66,000 lol. I am waiting to sit down with the board but am not expecting much as I overspent already!

We got a 4 year sponsorship worth a paltry 65,000 a year, so no money coming from that!

So far in season 2 ive spent about £8M but have recouped £11M selling off some deadwood and some loanee returns who didnt fit in to my plans

Finished 1st season, second place..4 points behind shaktar who went undefeated the whole season. Won the cup and lost in 2nd round knockout stage in europa league on away goals against marseille. So far i've sold players worth 32 milion..most notable,kalinic(8mil),boateng(8mil),inkoom(3mil),denisov(2.5mil),mandzyuk(5.5mil)

I bought bezus(10.5mil),ademilson(6mil),Tymoshcuk(free),tkachenko(2mil),dudu(3.6mil),simao(free),Mijaijlovic(5mil)

I'm going mad, Vorskla is relegated and i wanted to buy one of their defenders who is worth 3 mil,but they don't want anything less than 12mil!!! also metalurg zp, i want to buy their RB valued 1.3mil,they won't sell below 11mil..ffs

Finished 1st season, second place..4 points behind shaktar who went undefeated the whole season. Won the cup and lost in 2nd round knockout stage in europa league on away goals against marseille. So far i've sold players worth 32 milion..most notable,kalinic(8mil),boateng(8mil),inkoom(3mil),denisov(2.5mil),mandzyuk(5.5mil)

I bought bezus(10.5mil),ademilson(6mil),Tymoshcuk(free),tkachenko(2mil),dudu(3.6mil),simao(free),Mijaijlovic(5mil)

I'm going mad, Vorskla is relegated and i wanted to buy one of their defenders who is worth 3 mil,but they don't want anything less than 12mil!!! also metalurg zp, i want to buy their RB valued 1.3mil,they won't sell below 11mil..ffs

Unlucky with the league also it seems you have to pay a fair whack for Ukrainian players

Unlucky with the league also it seems you have to pay a fair whack for Ukrainian players

Yeah, finally the guy became unhapy and TL by request..I bought him for 8.5 mil..eugene opanenko,he's quite good.

So now, my team looks like this:

gk - Bandura

dr - Opanenko

dc - Tymoschuk

dc - Mazuch

dl - Strinic

dmc - Simao

mc - Bezus

mc - Giuliano

amr - Zozulya

aml - Konoplyanka

st - Seleznyov

on the bench I have players like: Adryan,Mijailovic,Dudu,Ademilson,Rotan,Tkachenko,Cheberyachko

I have confidence this squad is capable of mounting a serious title challenge.

First 3 games in the league, 3 wins and now I have CL playoff against Lille..It would be great to get in CL just because of the money.

Yeah, finally the guy became unhapy and TL by request..I bought him for 8.5 mil..eugene opanenko,he's quite good.

So now, my team looks like this:

gk - Bandura

dr - Opanenko

dc - Tymoschuk

dc - Mazuch

dl - Strinic

dmc - Simao

mc - Bezus

mc - Giuliano

amr - Zozulya

aml - Konoplyanka

st - Seleznyov

on the bench I have players like: Adryan,Mijailovic,Dudu,Ademilson,Rotan,Tkachenko,Cheberyachko

I have confidence this squad is capable of mounting a serious title challenge.

First 3 games in the league, 3 wins and now I have CL playoff against Lille..It would be great to get in CL just because of the money.

I have him on my shorlist :) need to update the targets section of the thread as i have found a lot more good Ukrainian players, squad coming along well good luck with the league this season

ok, played 11 games in the league, currently 1st place with +4 points in front of Kiev with the game in hand. Shaktar is having a colossal meltdown, they have only 16 points from 11 games, -15 points from 1st place,sitting at 8th position. Unbelivable but Lucescu is stil secure with his job.

I didn't manage to get in CL, lost to Porto in playoffs..won 2-1 at home but lost 4-0 away..they were too strong.

The team is playing very good atm, I have very good squad depth, my 2nd choice selection can easily dominate most of domestic games..I think we have a real good chance to win the title this season.

Last summer (in game ofc :) ) i had an offer from Dnipro but i refused because i am building Partizan Belgrad. Maybe in the future, who knows? :) In every fm i play with Dynamo Kyiv but I also like Dnipro. I don't know why but i like them. Perhaps it is because of their logo and colours? Next time i will have big dilemma- Dynamo or Dnipro...

Looking forward for next readings about Ukrainian football.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language :/

I won the league in my 2nd season, really comfortably, 4 games before the end. Also, managed to get to the semi final of europa league where I lost to Zenit. First leg at home, I won 2-1 (conceded a goal from corner in 93rd minute). In away leg, I had a penalty in the 4th minute but seleznyov missed..I was 2-0 down in half time and I decided to push for a goal but I got destroyed..ended up losing 5-0 :D..

3rd season..didn't spend any money, just brought Mattia Perin (GK) and some italian 21 year old striker (4 star potential) on free. I sold Strinic for 8 million.(promoted Filimonov to full back position in 1st team and have 4 star,18year old Peruvian potential as back up). Was thinking of selling Giuliano because I have Adryan who is pushing for that spot but decided to keep him one more season.

I've played 12 games in the league now and I'm in 2nd place..2 points behind Kiev and +4 in front of shaktar..it's going to be tough this season.

In CL I got group with Leverkusen,Chelsea and Celtic..lost at Leverkusen 4-2, won at home against Chelsea 2-0 (best game ever from my team) and lost at Celtic 3-2 (this one hurts because we are so much better than Celtic..but I can't wait the game at home, I will destroy them!)..so far I am not that happy, 3 points as Celtic in this group means I'll have to get a result in London to go through and win my two home games..

Anyway what do you think ,how much money can I get for Giuliano. I was thinking like 20 million hopefully..

Plus I have two regens from my youth setup that I'm trying to train although they are both quite not up to standard..3 and 2.5 stars but due to the rule of minimum 7 players from youth set up I have to make the most of them.

Last summer (in game ofc :) ) i had an offer from Dnipro but i refused because i am building Partizan Belgrad. Maybe in the future, who knows? :) In every fm i play with Dynamo Kyiv but I also like Dnipro. I don't know why but i like them. Perhaps it is because of their logo and colours? Next time i will have big dilemma- Dynamo or Dnipro...

Looking forward for next readings about Ukrainian football.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language :/

Should have a save with Dnipro its fun :)

I won the league in my 2nd season, really comfortably, 4 games before the end. Also, managed to get to the semi final of europa league where I lost to Zenit. First leg at home, I won 2-1 (conceded a goal from corner in 93rd minute). In away leg, I had a penalty in the 4th minute but seleznyov missed..I was 2-0 down in half time and I decided to push for a goal but I got destroyed..ended up losing 5-0 :D..

3rd season..didn't spend any money, just brought Mattia Perin (GK) and some italian 21 year old striker (4 star potential) on free. I sold Strinic for 8 million.(promoted Filimonov to full back position in 1st team and have 4 star,18year old Peruvian potential as back up). Was thinking of selling Giuliano because I have Adryan who is pushing for that spot but decided to keep him one more season.

I've played 12 games in the league now and I'm in 2nd place..2 points behind Kiev and +4 in front of shaktar..it's going to be tough this season.

In CL I got group with Leverkusen,Chelsea and Celtic..lost at Leverkusen 4-2, won at home against Chelsea 2-0 (best game ever from my team) and lost at Celtic 3-2 (this one hurts because we are so much better than Celtic..but I can't wait the game at home, I will destroy them!)..so far I am not that happy, 3 points as Celtic in this group means I'll have to get a result in London to go through and win my two home games..

Anyway what do you think ,how much money can I get for Giuliano. I was thinking like 20 million hopefully..

Plus I have two regens from my youth setup that I'm trying to train although they are both quite not up to standard..3 and 2.5 stars but due to the rule of minimum 7 players from youth set up I have to make the most of them.

Congrats on the league :) I'd keep Giuliano but I think you could get £20m for him if you want

Should have a save with Dnipro its fun :)

I have a long play now. After Partizan I went to Ajax and also I am the manager of Ukrainian national team. My final destination is Ukrainian league, Dynamo or Dnipro and building a team composed only of Ukrainian players. I am afraid that in that time there won't be any real players in the team... :p

I have a long play now. After Partizan I went to Ajax and also I am the manager of Ukrainian national team. My final destination is Ukrainian league, Dynamo or Dnipro and building a team composed only of Ukrainian players. I am afraid that in that time there won't be any real players in the team... :p

Sounds good have fun :)

Archived