Copa América Centenario (2016 United States)

themodelcitizen

- THIS IS NOW OBSOLETE AS THE LATEST PATCH INCLUDES IT! -

This is a proposed tournament for 2016 in the United States, a one-off special version of the Copa América that will also include Mexico, the US and 4 other CONCACAF teams, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the tournament.

The Copa América and Gold Cups will be played as normal in 2015, this is a duplicated version of the existing Copa with the same prestige. The remaining CONCACAF spots will be filled via world ranking (for the real version, there's talk of using the Gold Cup as qualifying).

I tried to make it occur every century, but the editor doesn't like 100-year cycles so it will occur again in 88 years.

Tested through 2018 with the tournament running smoothly and rebooting itself for the next one in 2104. I did a similar edit in FM 2012 last week and it worked fine as well.

Recommended for anyone planning on managing a national team in the Americas.

surely it would make more sense to have it every half century if it doesn't like every century instead of having it every 88 years?

Then it will occur the same year as a World Cup. Better to make it a multiple of 4 years like 48 instead. Go ahead and change it if you want though, I wanted to have it occur so far in the future its basically not a concern.

Editor don't work whit 100+ years? I don't know if that works, but, try it:

Go to Football Manager 2013 Editor/data/format/rule group and open basic international cup file with notepad.

Found that:

<!-- competition year interval -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="year_interval"/>

<string id="name" value="Year Interval[COMMENT: editor; interval between years of this competition]"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<string id="hint" value="Used to specify which years this competition is run(1 = every year, 2 = every 2 years, etc)[COMMENT: editor field]"/>

<integer id="default_value" value="1"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="1"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="100"/>

</record>

Change the max_value.

And the most important, KUTGW mate! :thup:

Archived