What controls Newgen Nationality?

chaodck

Hey guys!!! I want to know (hopefully from the developers) what does impact newgen nationality in the game. In past FM versions, the deciding factor was the City in which the team was located. So, a Welsh team located in Cardiff played in the English structure (and therefore its 'Country' and 'Country Based On' were England), had majoritarily Welsh newgens, with maybe a couple of Englishmen (but always with Welsh second nationalities).

I'm currently shifting the Moroccan league (and non-league as well), to the Spanish Third Divisions, splitting them into 2 groups (Groups 3 and 17). This changes automatically the team's 'Country' to Spain, alongside the 'Country Based On', and manually I changed the 'Continental Cup Country' to Spain as well, in order for them to play in the UEFA Champions League in the future.

Back in FM 2011, a friend did exactly this, but with Congolese teams and the French league structure. The thing is, that after my first holiday season (I've ran it two different times, with the same results), Moroccan teams had more Spanish newgens (with no second nationalities) in their U-19 teams, than Moroccan nationals. This is not good for me, as I want to use this structure to run a Moroccan Club and Country game, using the team (and it's position playing in Europe), to fuel the National Team.

Please, if anyone could provide me some light here, I would be greatly thankful!!!

I remember it being tied to the Stadium location, So I tried it out, gave one Italian team Based in Malta, set Maltese city as hometown, set the national stadium of malta as their home stadium.

As a experiment I also set Malta to Continental Competition to see if that would work out.

Simmed one season and lo and behold, youngsters came through that where all from Malta none with second nationality.

The team actulally got relegated and was not promoted to Europe through Malta, have to find out about that a little better. Might have to be hardcoded or something. I've noticed FC Vaduz have Switzerland set as Continental Cup but still go to Euro League automatically for Liechtenstein.

Does anyone know what happens if FC Vaduz qualifies through Switzerland?

Vaduz is hard coded.

I made some additional Liechtenstein Clubs in my league file and all have Liechtenstein newgens, even if the nation is Switzerland. City of club and stadium are located in Liechtenstein.

I finally worked it out, for this years' game, what makes the difference between the Nationality of newgens is the 'Country Based In' setting of the Editor. This is actually great, because you can perfectly have different settings for 'Country' (in my case is Spain, for them to play on the Spanish leagues) and 'Country Based In' (in my case Morocco, for them to have Moroccan newgens), without causing any problems to the Nation Rules panel. Thanks for the input guys!!

Archived