Cliftonville FC

THX1138

As you can see season two has not been great and the club has not progressed in the way that I had hoped. My top three strikers at the club are going to need to be replaced in the close season as Chris Scannell is set to retire and Joe gormley and Rory Donnelly will not sign new contracts as the club lack the funds to match their respective financial demands. At the moment it all looks pretty bleak but I've no option but to just get on with it and hopefully next season will see us knock Linfield off their perch :)

Well what a season this has been, finished League Champions! And against a team in the Champions League group stage (Linfield). My strategy for the season was to rest my first team for all the cup games, regardless of importance, and it worked a treat. On the playing side Ferdinand Abdallah, who I purchased on a free transfer turned out to be an absolute God and goal machine. All aboard for the Champions League next season :D

Season Five was difficult as I was competing in the Champions League, made harder as at the moment I am only a semi professional outfit, although that will change as of this season as the club turn professional. League wise I finished comfortably second, and also made it to the final of the Irish Cup, only to be beaten in extra time.

champions league didnt go great in the group stage then, did you alter your tactics to a more defensive outlook?

Yeah, I did change the tactics but only after Real battered me 11-0. The money was great though, got over 800K for television money and 6.5M for making the group stages.

Archived