[FM12] RELEASED Psycho1970's Great Britain League System (version 1)

Psycho1970’s Great Britain League System Version 1

Introduction

England, Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland No longer have independent league structures. They do however still have their international sides apart from Northern Ireland who have joined forces with the republic of Ireland to create Conglomerated Ireland and along with these 4 international sides is Great Britain.

All Cities in the above 4 nations have had their nation set to Great Britain.

All players that haven’t been called up for international duty in the 4 nations have had their nationality changed to British.

All clubs from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland which partake in the GB Leagues have had their Reputation increased to be able to compete a little more fairly with their English counterparts

All teams have had their finances balanced out according to what league their in.

Awards made for all leagues.

Prize money for all Leagues and Competitions

No squad rules

The League System

Great Britain Premiership – 18 teams – 3 Relegated

Great Britain Championship – 22 teams - 3 Promoted – 4 Relegated

Great Britain League 1 – 24 – Teams – 4 promoted – 4 Relegated

Great Britain League 2 – 24 – Teams – 4 promoted – 4 Relegated

Great Britain Conference Premier – 24 – Teams – 4 promoted – 6 Relegated

Great Britain Conference League 1 – 2 sub divisions of 24 – 6 promoted – 8 relegated

Great Britain Conference League 2 – 4 sub divisions of 24 – 8 promoted – 8 automatically relegated and 4 relegated from playoffs

Great Britain Conference League 3 – 6 sub divisions of 24 – 12 promoted - 12 automatically relegated and 12 relegated from playoffs

Great Britain Conference League – 8 sub divisions of 24 – promoted -24 relegated

Great Britain Lower League - 48 teams – Not Playable

The Domestic Cups

Great Britain Cup – 640 teams – All Levels - compete in straight KO rounds (12 rounds, teams enter comp at various round depending on league their in)

Great Britain League Cup – 88 teams – level 1 to 4 – straight KO until the Quarter Finals the 2 leg until the Final – Premiership & Championship teams enter at round 2

Great Britain FA Trophy – 504 teams – Level 5 to 9 – Straight KO rounds (9 rounds, top 8 from Conference premier enter at round 2)

GB Conference League Cup – 480 teams – Level 6 – 9 – 9 rounds – 2 legs until the semi finals then straight KO

GB Britain Community Shield – Winner of Premiership Vs Winner of FA Cup

The European Cups

Default Competitions used

Swapped Teams, enabling the 5 nations to compete in the Competitions

For Screen shots please visit My FM Base Thread HERE

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions

Download and Place Psycho1970’s GB League System in User\Mydocuments\SportsInteractive\FootballManager2012\editordata

Start New Game and tick change box and confirm

On next screen (press clear if more than 1 Db is selected) tick Psycho1970’s GB League System

Select other db’s at your own peril, they may or may not work with this

Choose Great Britain in Nations Screen and any other nation you wish to load (England, Scotland, Wales and Conglomerated Ireland not selectable, See Footnote Below)

And press next

Select your lowest Active League you want (this Db was only tested using All active Leagues Selected so unknown result if you choose Premier only as playable).

And Start Game

Footnote

My Original Idea for this Db was to use the existing Great Britain Nation within in the game and still have the other 4 nations playable, however on testing it crash dumped on League and Cup Set up, with no obvious solution to this I then decided to rename the Republic of Ireland Great Britain, and improve said nation and move 640 teams from the 4 nations to Great Britain and build the League and Cup System. At this point under testing the GB database I realised that the regens for GB were fairly poor so I decided that I was going to change some cities from the 4 nations to Great Britain.

I then went about recreating The English League System and Cups as close to the real thing as possible with the basic Editor which took some considerable time!.

When I went to start a game with both GB database and English Database loaded it told me they weren’t compatible ( teams missing From GB prem league) though both databases are set up exactly the same apart from Nation Rules. So for know the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland nations aren’t playable, However as a lot of time went into rebuilding the English League System I will be releasing this as alternative England database separately in a day or two.

Once SI Games release the update patch I will look at rebuilding the GB league System and the other 4 nations so they run together, so if you see any problems or can suggest any improvements to this Database Please visit post here, I can then look at implementing them in version 2.

Enjoy….

Everytime i see one of your DB's it shows great promise then you get into it and then i would find BIG issues and this one aint no different.

now i played your other db's blindfolded and with gameplay found some minor or big gamebreakers.

This ones issue is european qualy positions for GB prem - only GB prem winners get into CL at 2nd round round???

2nd,3rd and 4th enter EURO cup at the early rounds. now this wouldnt be a problem if the other leagues had the same Q rules but all other leagues retain the same euro qualy rules so for example barca,real and other big leagues top teams get 3 or 4 in CL places while GB get 1.(it would take many seasons to get more)

the other thing was i started with rangers and went to play and rangers enter at euro cup 1st round(fine) but you start with gb database and you have missed a qualifying game already.

Now if this was deliberate then good job but if not big thumbs down.

Everytime i see one of your DB's it shows great promise then you get into it and then i would find BIG issues and this one aint no different.

now i played your other db's blindfolded and with gameplay found some minor or big gamebreakers.

This ones issue is european qualy positions for GB prem - only GB prem winners get into CL at 2nd round round???

2nd,3rd and 4th enter EURO cup at the early rounds. now this wouldnt be a problem if the other leagues had the same Q rules but all other leagues retain the same euro qualy rules so for example barca,real and other big leagues top teams get 3 or 4 in CL places while GB get 1.(it would take many seasons to get more)

the other thing was i started with rangers and went to play and rangers enter at euro cup 1st round(fine) but you start with gb database and you have missed a qualifying game already.

Now if this was deliberate then good job but if not big thumbs down.

First of let me start off by addressing your first point, I totally agree with you apart from the big issues ? .

Going back to the super 8's any issues raised were fixed the best they could be ie the international clashes, I created a international Friendly, a European Championship re-build, and a world Cup rebuild to get around this problem.

With the Squad Numbers when I looked at it, it was mainly people didn't realise you had to change the comp you were registering for by clicking the competition tab though I do understand their may be a problem with registering new signing and I think I know away around it which your see in my next release and I will be looking at tweaking all the databases that I've created so far when the Feb/Mar Update comes out.

Your find most if not all custom databases have their little problems and this is mainly due to the basic Editor not being flexible enough and the Advanced Editor while flexible isn't stable enough to use on my type of projects at least.

Now as for the European Cup issue you've raised, I had two options the 1st) rebuild all the cups (which if my attempt at Having the 4 nations all playable I would have done) and the 2nd Swap all the teams so they played for their Correct nation ie Man Utd - GB, Tonbridge - ENG etc, and your right about the number of allocations and I knew someone would comment on it, however under testing it didn't take long for GB teams to gain more places and the missing of the qualifying round issue is down to me using my standard start date,

As I stated in the OP this isnt the finished product and once SI Games Update is out with hopefully a few tweaks to the editor I will start on a entire rebuild of this Database to correct any issues found.

Hopefully I've answered your questions/doubts satisfactory and your keep faith in my Databases, I do welcome Feedback whether its praise or criticism, I just wish more people would share their thoughts/experiences about my work as this is where most editors can learn the most from, Unfortunately the FM community has been a little quiet this year.

• 2 months later...

Now updated for 12.2 patch

PLEASE NOTE - that there are 5 failed changes for people in the database, as there are over 1500 players that have been edited it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack to find the failed changes, if you find the game crashes when clicking on players info/stats please report it here so I can fix it. Thank you

I am looking at ways to improve it for version 2, which will be started soon and would be glad to hear your thoughts on improvements or bugs that you have noticed while playing version 1.

While working on the international files I have come across the answer to why you cant edit Great Britain as a Nation, which is that its hardcoded to be linked to the England U23 team and unfortunately theres no way to fix it so the only solution is to recreate the nation from scratch.

LINK to updated file.

OP Download Link also Updated

Enjoy

Archived