Qaanaaq Town - From the tip of Greenland, to Europe!

Tony Hawker

Hey everyone I'm back! and as my most enjoyable and successful save to date was with San Marino, I'm back in a small country managing an even smaller team.

Qaanaaq Town

mofxr.png

Qaanaaq on the map!

From what I can tell, I can safely say that Qaanaaq Town is the northernmost football club in the world, and I want to take them from Greenlands 2nd tier, to Europe and beyond!

This should be a fun long-term save to keep me busy over the summer and will hopefully last until FM12.

The Idea of this is to bring Qaanaaq Town up and then, eventually, bring up the National Team aswell.

Leagues loaded:

Greenland - Greenland 1st Division

You lunatic! :D

This should be an enjoyable career to follow, good luck

Thanks Iacovone!

lolwut

Is there even football in Greenland, I thought games on frozen pitches had to be postponed. :D

Yes Noikeee, there actually is and it looks like only a couple of years before Greenland becomes a member of the FA as Sepp Blatter visited the island and announced FIFAs approval of the new field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland_national_football_team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Greenland

The FM gods obviously think you're crazy too :D

Hope you can get it going again

The FM Gods are on my side again, I restarted with Qaanaaq without the Power Regen file and it's working in Feburary 2011 so I'll be doing an update for the End of Season

Qaanaaq Town - Greenland First Division - 2010/11

League Table

League Position Graph

With it being my first season, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, the league was tight with at one point the 2nd - 5th placed teams equal on points but we managed to struggle through and get promoted behind the National Greenland U21's.

Greenland League Cup - Lost against Premier League side Nuuk IL

Greenland FA Cup - Should of won but we lost against a team doing worse than us.

Squad - A decent squad I suppose, our strike partners scoring goals for fun.

Transfers - Really just brought in anyone that wanted to come to us, Greenlands not the best place to attract players.

Next season:

Well it looks like the champions of the Premier Division only qualify for the EURO Cup so I'll give it a couple of seasons if no teams are in the Champions League then I will be restarting.

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11     Greenland First Division       2nd           Promotion          

Archived