FM 11: OFFICIAL AFC Wimbledon

Mr. D

......................................................................AFC WIMBLEDON (THE DONS)........................................................................

eijh5c.png .................................................................................................... 2mxg8aw.jpg

In this thread we can give eachother tips regarding tactics, players and whatever game-related questions more. And of course, we keep eachother updated!

CLUB INFORMATION

Nickname: The Dons

Founded: 2002

Capacity: 4,722 (1,265 seated)

Transfer budget: 70k euros

Wage budget: 21k euros weekly of which 9k euros directly available

League: Blue square Premier

Top player: Danny Kedwell

e1bwwh.jpg

2ewfibn.jpg

SETTINGS

You can choose your manager reputation, BUT please state your chosen reputation at the bottem in your posts

I would recommend a large database. And selecting the following competitions:

- England (including BSP)

- France (ligue 1)

- Holland (eredivisie)

- Spain (primera division)

- Italy (serie B)

PARTICIPANTS

Mr. D

tigerhgrrrrrr

matty_superleeds

spider90

dangerousdan

Craig_R.U.F.C

LordAEM

Rampage-

benjones1793

J.T

weebob88

(Please let me know by replying in this thread if you want to be a participant as well or if you have any other question)

SQUAD

Our advise is to get rid of all the players, except for danny kedwell. He is good enough to play in league 1, and is also a good back up when you are behind and need to bring in a target man to win some headers in the box!

Recommended signings:

Rafael Acosta

David Biaou (definite signing)

Yoann Djidonou (definite signing)

Eduardo Lelo (definite signing)

Jack Palmer

Ismael Fofana

Djuric Winklaar

Demba Coulibaly

Terry Dixon

Ibrahim Sissoko

Ben Webster

Mustapha Traore (definite signing)

Anthony Moguena

Wesley Ngo Baheng (definite signing)

Liam O'Brien

Christy Bonevacia

Rob Verbaarschot

Izzy Iriekpen

for tips and tricks, have a look at post #3 on this page

This thread has a couple of house rules:

- Treat eachother with respect

- Please follow the discussions and help people out

- When posting, use screenshots (if you don't know how, somewhere on page 3 or 4 are instructions from me)

some handy screenshots are:

- Post the Team report + the judging ability of the Asst Man

- Post the records overview

For any tips/questions/requests..... just reply.

Thank you for your interest in this thread!

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIPS AND TRICKS

After spending a couple of years in LLM (Lower League Management) on FM11, I want to give you some good tips. Please let me know what you think of them.

1) Do NOT look at the stars rated by your Assistant Manager, before you have appointed a good one with JPA & JPP

2) Get rid of expensive players who are not rated top class for your team. BUT, don't upset your players. Players who have recently joined your club, won't be willing to move clubs. Just keep them in your squad as back-up, or bring them to the reserves. Than sell them in January!

3) Get a lot of free players on a trial (while you check them out in friendlies, you also make sure your team won't be worn out)

4) Make sure you will play about 6 friendly matches against high reputation clubs at home to boost your finances

5) ALWAYS offer your players for a much higher value than their actual value. If there is no interest, offer the player again, for a lower value.. repeat.. repeat.. till you sell

6) At the end of the season, have a look if you can find some friendlies again to boost the finances. See it as a nice bonus (again, offer some players a trial)

7) Do NOT focus on potential ability. This looks nice, to bring in someone in the blue square premier, who will be a leading star in the championship later on. But with your training complex etc, they will never reach the potential. Focus on current potential, and when you have built up the club and improved all facilities, start to change the focus!

I hope these tips will help out a couple of you! Feel free to discuss them by replying with a quote :)

Found it though link doesnt work. .......Its still set up as a "challenge" mate, please remove the "start at lowest reputation level comment" (just suggest that as a idea) or it may discourage posters. Then it can be the proper Offciial thread for AFCW. Meanwhile will use the old one & link in when the "Challenge" is dropped.

UPDATE MR. D

First season

Won the blue square premier with 110 points, and had some decent cup results, even winning against Yeovil (league 1). Promoted to league 2

Second season

Finished 4th, winning the play off first round. Had to play the final against Rotherham, but I missed 7 players from my first team due to loan endings and international football. Still won the game 1-0, promoted to league 1

Third season

Really tough year as expected. Managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season drawing Hartlepool. Finished 20th.

Fourth season

Due to some minor financial problems, I am not allowed a nice wage budget. Have sold 75% of my team and tried to find cheeper players in order to save the club from going bank rupt. At the moment I'm at the start of the new season, having picked some friendlies against teams like celtic and rangers, to get a little bit of money in.

Any questions regarding my game can be asked of course and I will try to reply with a print screen a.s.a.p.

Started manager reputation: Sunday league footballer

UPDATE MR. D

First season

Won the blue square premier with 110 points, and had some decent cup results, even winning against Yeovil (league 1). Promoted to league 2

Second season

Finished 4th, winning the play off first round. Had to play the final against Rotherham, but I missed 7 players from my first team due to loan endings and international football. Still won the game 1-0, promoted to league 1

Third season

Really tough year as expected. Managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season drawing Hartlepool. Finished 20th.

Fourth season

Due to some minor financial problems, I am not allowed a nice wage budget. Have sold 75% of my team and tried to find cheeper players in order to save the club from going bank rupt. At the moment I'm at the start of the new season, having picked some friendlies against teams like celtic and rangers, to get a little bit of money in.

Any questions regarding my game can be asked of course and I will try to reply with a print screen a.s.a.p.

Started manager reputation: Sunday league footballer

Youve done pretty well so far I would say. As I only get to play 2-3 League games per day (evening!) on average, I will innevitably lag behind you and it will be a while before I am in Season 4 !. I would like to make the following comments though:

110 points in first season would be good - Luton running off at present though I am unbeaten.

Hope to get promoted without play offs when up in L2, just hope I can get promoted out of BSP at first effort.

3rd Season - battling relegation? I hope to do better than that but do love a relegation battle in FM. As my finances will be shakey after just 1 year I may find I have the same issues that you had to contend with though.

Hope I dont have to host an end of season fire sale but have put my older signings on deals that will run out after 2 seasons - prudent I suspect! L2 & L1 could be Loan-fests!

Mr D, anyone (?) other than copy & pasting, can we transfer the Posts from the unofficial thread into this one. This thread has more "potential" (!) but it seems a shame that the post history is not in here at present.

i dont know how to, sorry.. maybe a moderator can help us? :)

MEEEEEEEEEE IM DOING IT and im in my second season will do a proper update tonight though fellas but mr D add me to the list

I take it Matty that youn are "doing" the transfer of threads into here thing?

Am worried now about my save game, looks like I shall be in the red by Xmas and losing money like the clappers. Next 2 games, Away Crawley (5th), Home Luton (Top). If I win both am unlikely to catch Luton. Funny watching AFCW on ESPN last night, all their best players are marginalised in my save game. Cant wait to get home to play some more, if I can stay awake tonight long enough.

I take it Matty that youn are "doing" the transfer of threads into here thing?

Am worried now about my save game, looks like I shall be in the red by Xmas and losing money like the clappers. Next 2 games, Away Crawley (5th), Home Luton (Top). If I win both am unlikely to catch Luton. Funny watching AFCW on ESPN last night, all their best players are marginalised in my save game. Cant wait to get home to play some more, if I can stay awake tonight long enough.

lol and you thought it would be easy ;) I told you the finances won't go up, I even sold my good players like jay spearing (from liverpool) to millwall for EUR 150.000 and a couple more, and still I was in the red, while I always look after my wage budget. the fact the stadium is so small, doesnt help either. i tried to upgrade it but there has never been money for it. so my battle for relegation and finishing 20th was the absolute maximum on my game...

btw, have a look at christian tiboldi (dont know if i spelled his name correctly, he is a striker from atalanta) i have bought him, stats are class... but i can't get him to score goals :(

i dont know how to transfer the posts lol i meant meee im doing the challenege haha.

going to bum FM today so i will put up an update later on tonight.

that's fine, and have you seen my update in the opening post? any suggestions so far?

looks good so far put the starting budget and wage budget on allways a key thing for people.

thanks... would you be so kind to look it up for me and post it, i will than copy paste it into the opening thread (at work now, can't play fm, )

lol and you thought it would be easy ;) I told you the finances won't go up, I even sold my good players like jay spearing (from liverpool) to millwall for EUR 150.000 and a couple more, and still I was in the red, while I always look after my wage budget. the fact the stadium is so small, doesnt help either. i tried to upgrade it but there has never been money for it. so my battle for relegation and finishing 20th was the absolute maximum on my game...

btw, have a look at christian tiboldi (dont know if i spelled his name correctly, he is a striker from atalanta) i have bought him, stats are class... but i can't get him to score goals :(

I do feel I have been a little foolish, I played a few weeks as a trial with AFCW on the demo (not something I would normally do - usually I just play the save career game for real straight off!) and the finances panned out a bit better the. The "joys" of assuming 2 save game as the same!.

Love the OP Pimping by the way, awesome images selected :-)

i know for sure you get 80k at game start but im not sure about wages. im loading the game up onw people so update coming later on. btw is kedwell really good? shall i sell him or keep him, how good does he get?

Initially its an £18k p/w budget, £9k of which is already allocated (thats all approx). To emphasisie my problem, I upped the budget to £24k with the board but am spending £36k !

im loosing money left right and centre grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Me too, hoping for a Board bail out. You must arrange the most lucrative friendly possible for every single available day even if that means 5 games per week! Just use players that dont feature in the 1st team that week, and bring in 20 or so trialists if need be to fill the match day squads for these games. it will bring you between £3k - £6k per match day and that can help a lot. WARNING, the annoying thing is that you must "manage" the team for every friendly or the Ass Man will chose top players who then are unfit for the competitive games, but that is the only annoyance and its worth the hassle at AFCW's level.

but surely if you pick the team then go on holiday? does that not work? also i have the chance to sign marcus bent for 1.5k a week, it will put me in further debt but it could bring me lots of goals? suggestions?? i currently have kedwell danny carlton danny hoeson they are my leading strikers?

suggestion? quick reply would be nice :D

i have also got the opportunity to sign tommy mooney for 1.3k a week but he would have to sit in the reserves for 2 months becasue i cant register him? decisions decisions

but surely if you pick the team then go on holiday? does that not work? also i have the chance to sign marcus bent for 1.5k a week, it will put me in further debt but it could bring me lots of goals? suggestions?? i currently have kedwell danny carlton danny hoeson they are my leading strikers?

suggestion? quick reply would be nice :D

i have also got the opportunity to sign tommy mooney for 1.3k a week but he would have to sit in the reserves for 2 months becasue i cant register him? decisions decisions

Im wary of increasing the salary expenditure except with very cheap promising youngsters. Regarding the Holiday absence thing, it seems that if the Ass Man is to take the team then he selects the team. You may pre-select it but he then changes it as you must stepasside before team selection is confirmed. That is my experience anyway.

I went to last nights FA Cup game as a neutral (with the AFC fans, who were very hospitable) and it has inspired me to start a game with the Dons. 5 games in and midtable. The only problem is the amount of injuries, with 4 strikers either injured or suspended. I will update the thread tomorrow with progress.

ok mate do you actually support afc wimbledon?

Nah, not a fan - and never was a big Wimbledon fan either, but I do tend to fall a little for clubs I manage in FM! I actualy "chose" AFCW for the following reasons:

I wanted a BSP/BSS/BSN team (nearly chose Woking as it goes)

I wanted sound finances (LOL soon messed that UP!)

I wanted club colours that looked good to the eye on the screen (nearly chose Basingstoke, but they dont meet the other criteria)

I wanted a new challenge (did Blyth on FM10, otherwise may well have chosen them - actually did an AFCW FMH10 save game but that is just different enough for me to be happy to have this AFCW save game and still feel it is fresh)

I dont generally manage teams that mean a lot to me (I find it frustrating) I tend to chose teams for whom I just have a soft spot.

For what its worth my local team is Bournemouth and I am a long(suffering) Man City fan - and amazingly that isnt too much fun right now! 2 teams I am never comfortable "managing". Fave clubs to manage historically are Carlisle & St Etienne.

May be a little too late for those of you well into a save game but can I draw your attention to the thread below. Hope it is of some interest.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/224769-Management-Approach-The-Tactical-Wizard-Guide-Lower-League-Edition?highlight=lower+league+management

...and this thread, the Daddy of the thread above, and an excellen piece of work by Heathxxx that opened my eyes to LLM by non-beardy rules!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/110062-FM09-Heathxxx-Management-Approach-(Lower-League-Edition)?highlight=management+approach

Now that is where I do have a problem, have always struggled to host images before. Not directly internet linked except when I need to patch! I may do a few screenies when the season progresses - still in October of 1st Season! If you PM me your email address, if thats OK, I will email some screenies when available.

Now that is where I do have a problem, have always struggled to host images before. Not directly internet linked except when I need to patch! I may do a few screenies when the season progresses - still in October of 1st Season! If you PM me your email address, if thats OK, I will email some screenies when available.

make a print screen using your button... paste it in paint and save the document.... just go to www.tinypic.com

then you upload the image, enter the 2 words.... and use the link for Forums (the IMG link) just copy and paste the link in this thread, and you have your image :)

now it works?

2010/2011 Season Update in December

Overview

It's been an interesting start of the reason with a mixed range of results and the problem with not being able to win against the weaker teams or when we should. There have also been quite a change in playing personell at the club which hasn't been helped by the huge amount of injuries which have been suffered to key players.

League Table (As of 27/11/2010)

15xpap2.jpg

F.A Cup (As of 27/11/2010)

4th Round V Chippenham (Lost 1-0)

FA Trophy (As of 27/11/2010)

1st Round V Farnborough (To be played 11/12/2010)

So as you can see a not to bad performance in the league however the FA Cup performance was terrible and has quite easily been the lowest points of the season. However the 5-3 and 5-1 victories against Histon and Crawley respectivly, have been two of the high points.

Best XI

2cibejo.jpg

Signings

Terry Dixon- Free - A free transfer, however despite my assistant manager saying he will be a key player, he has hardly featured and when he has has dissapointed.

Jorrin John - 10k from Leicester - Since Jorrin joined from leicester he has been ever present for the Dons and has vary rarely put a foot wrong.

Stacy Long - 10k from Stevenage - I have always been a fan of Stacy and brought him to the club and he has slot straight into the role on the left wing providing great service to the front men.

Alexis Nikolas - Free - Ever since Alexis has arrived to the club he has been plauged by constant injury which has prevented him keeping his place in the side.

Jon Meades - 8k from Cardiff - An 18 year old with huge potential, full of confidence and can play on both sides of the pitch. One to watch for the future.

Adam Birchall - 30k from Dover - A panic signing when in need of a striker, has only really been used as a sub as he is not up to Premier standards. Also spent far to much on the player, looking to sell.

Frank Talia - Free - A very experienced 38 year old. When my first choice Seb Brown was out injured i was in need of a keeper and was reconmended by my assistant and since signed has been ever present.

Wesley Ngo Baheng - Free - One for the future. A decent striker who was released from Newcastle in the Summer and has been touted to have the potential to be a good league 1/2 striker.

Adam Smith - Loan from Tottenham - Another reconmendation from my assistant as i realised that i needed a defender urgently. I am hoping to extend the loan beyond 3 months to the end of the season.

I think that will the end of my signings and spending spree. Especially seeing as I missed out on a big pay day after losing early in the FA Cup meaning that my finances are just surviving but spending 18k on wages a week is far too much unless i gain promotion.

If anyone would like any further screenies or information please ask

i am playing my second season in league 1 now...

i have signed benik afobe on a free from arsenal...

i bought christian tiboni last winter already. this guy has awesome stats, but i cant get him to play properly.. even though teams like parma are interested in him (god knows why)

he looks like a supporting targetman, being a strong header, but has anyone an advise on how to use him??

RE Season 3 - thats cool, a narrow escape from relegation can be as rewarding as a title win. Did you get any Board investment over the 3 seasons?

no they even cut me down lol... and i decided to get rid of a lot of players... and work with a group of about 20...

now i'm in 9th place after 11 matches..

btw i notices you posted a print screen using my tip, with tinypic... but you copied the wrong link, you should have used the images for forum link... it starts with IMG... than the image will be displayed here directly :)

Progess report - was 4 points behind Luton after 15 games (Season 1), next two results AFCW 2 Luton 1, Hayes & Yeading 0 AFCW 2 (combined with Luton 0 Crawley 1), puts me top by 2 points (and my previous 2 games were 1-0 win at Crawley & 1-0 win at Forest Green in FACQ4. :-).

However am just £5k in the black ..... but losing approx £150k per month - Uh Oh!

no they even cut me down lol... and i decided to get rid of a lot of players... and work with a group of about 20...

now i'm in 9th place after 11 matches..

btw i notices you posted a print screen using my tip, with tinypic... but you copied the wrong link, you should have used the images for forum link... it starts with IMG... than the image will be displayed here directly :)

Will try that - its the most help anyone ever gave me with this issue. Will try that soon! :-)

Archived