Macbook Air

Hey guys. Just a quick question:

Has anyone had experience playing FM on the macbook air? If yes how does it go?

Like I know I can compare the minimum system requirements with the specs of the macbook air but I'm not great with computers so I don't know what it means like performace wise?

Any help will be much appretiated! I'm thinking of buying one for work and I won't have anything installed on it apart from Microsoft Office and FM11.

Cheers,

Reenah

• SI Staff

1,6Ghz is towards the lower end of minimum specs but should run the game. What is the graphics card? Also worth bearing in mind that the new 11" MacBook Air is too small to run windowed mode and that they don't have disc drives so you'd be limited to non-disc installation options.

Frankly speaking, only new 13' model should run FM11 more or less fine with 3D engine. Even in this case heat issue may arise. My MBP 13' (top model , summer 2009 - 2,4mhz, 4gb ram) has 90 degrees during 3D match at medium specs. Cooler at 5000-6000 rounds per minute.

Can somebody sum up what the difference is between playing the game on Mac vs. PC?

I am buying a Mac this week, but I don't know whether I should play FM on it or through Windows (installed on the mac)?

I run FM2010 on a mac and do not have any problems (apart from trying to locate .ddt files, but thats for another thread)

If it's towards the lower end of the specs range, don't bother with 3D engine, just run old school 2D. It's just as good and brings you back to the older games :)

There is no general difference between the two versions, having experienced both.

Can somebody sum up what the difference is between playing the game on Mac vs. PC?

I am buying a Mac this week, but I don't know whether I should play FM on it or through Windows (installed on the mac)?

there is no difference, you don't even need to run it via windows, runs great in osx.

Ive been playing FM on Mac for the last few years and Ive never had a problem.

Going back to the Macbook Air, anyone got an opinion on how well FM'11 might run on the new version? Say the 11 inch model, specs: 1.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo (800 Mhz frontside bus, 3Mb L2 cache), Nividia GeForce 320M, 4Gb ram. Specs taken from apple website.

FM'11 running in 2D mode.

Im just curious as im thinking of buying an ultra-portable or netbook, was resigned to not being able to play FM'11 but having seen the specs on the new Air thought id ask.

Ive been playing FM on Mac for the last few years and Ive never had a problem.

Going back to the Macbook Air, anyone got an opinion on how well FM'11 might run on the new version? Say the 11 inch model, specs: 1.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo (800 Mhz frontside bus, 3Mb L2 cache), Nividia GeForce 320M, 4Gb ram. Specs taken from apple website.

FM'11 running in 2D mode.

Im just curious as im thinking of buying an ultra-portable or netbook, was resigned to not being able to play FM'11 but having seen the specs on the new Air thought id ask.

11' has netbook resolution, so you'll need a custom skin. Power-wise it will be close to minimum needed.

Archived