Mysterious case of the dissapearing stadium name

On my current save I am in 2020 and had a new 29000 seater stadium build 2 seasons ago, it was named Willenhall Town Stadium. But now the name has dissapeared and it is blank.

Anyone had this happen to them and has a solution to get the name back?

I've even tried downloading FMRTE to see if i can put a name in but it wont :(

This is a known issue which has happened to quite a few users here. You can use a .lnc file to fix this.

I will quote the user WalB all cheers to him :)

"Well I can certainly confirm that this works...

What happened was that in my 2016-17 season at Chelsea, we finally moved into "Zola Arena" However, after reloading a saved game, the stadium name had disappeared.

I don't know how you can get the stadium unique ID from the game itself, but by using an editor (such as Immuner's FMScout09), you can load the game, then (using this editor), select Teams -> enter the team name and double click on the search result - the first line on the rightmost pane gives you the ID of the ground.

Make a note of this, then go into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db directory (I have set my own one up - not sure if this would be a part of the file structure if you're using the standard/default one) and there should be a folder called 'lnc' within the database folder.

Create a new file - MUST have a .lnc extension! - I've called mine 'chelsea.lnc') and in that file, using a text editor (notepad is good) type in the following:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023039526 "Zola Arena" "English"

First column is the command - must be exact, including the double quotes!

Second is the unique ID of the stadium that you got from the editor

Third is the name of the stadium - again must have the double quotes!

Fourth is the Language - again in double quotes.

Hope this helps those that have experienced the same problem... "

Archived