+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low GK ratings?

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Default Low GK ratings?

Has anyone managing a decent team on '09 managed to have a goalie get a good average rating for the season?

So far this season, for example, my GK has kept 7 clean sheets in 11 games, yet his average is 6.90 and his best has only been about 7.2. What more can he realistically do?

Anyone care to comment?

Amateur

Default Re: Low GK ratings?

The Rating system for GK sucks. It just depends on passing and how many good saves they can get. If you team is really good defensively, allowing 1 or 2 shots for the match, then the GK really never had an impact on the game, so their rating at the end of the match is low.

Third Team

To be honest if a keeper only has one or two things to do in a game then he shouldn't get a rating above 7 anyway.

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    To be honest if a keeper only has one or two things to do in a game then he shouldn't get a rating above 7 anyway.
    So then, in real life, when Van Der Sar went on his run of not conceding, why was he praised so highly? Even if it's wrong to praise a goalie who has little to do, it should be in the game I reckon. Atleast as far as working out 'Goalkeeper of the Year' and so on are concerned.

Third Team

Van der Saar didn't receive anywhere near the praise the outfield players did & I'm sure that he would have received mainly 7 match ratings in the footballing press, he only got the bulk of the coverage towards the end of the run due to the record being attributed to keepers.

Edit: As for keeper of the year Van der Saar is listed in 3rd place by the Premier league indexing yet the PFA listed him as their keeper in the team of the year so I guess it depends on how you want to look at the awards.
    Last edited by Barside; 31-05-2009 at 00:26.

Reserves

Apart from the AMC ratings bug, my keeper tends to have the lowest average rating - simply because due to the 10 men in front of him, he doesn't have too much to do. Seems perfectly fair to me.

+ Reply to Thread