XML Passing error any ideas anyone please?

Hi, i have tryed reinstalling on numerous occasions and still my game cuts off as im about to start saying error XML passing error, and a box saying not well formed at line 1. Does anyone have idea how i can overcome this please?

Thanks

no not using steam just the box version. I have right clicked on the shortcut and clicked properties at the bottom but it won't let me edit the target field?

So let's get this straight - you activated with UniLoc or by phone then? Just making sure.

Are you sure you're looking at the right field, it's on the Shortcut tab and it's just called Target, not Target type or Target location. Also, you're not using a restricted user account, I presume you've got full admin rights?

i have the shortcut to fm09 on my desktop, i have right clicked on there, and clicked on properties at the bottom. a new box then appears, with target third line down, and in the box it says football manager 2009, after reading the help section i presume you put this code into tht box? C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe. But iu can't edit fm 2009.

You could always try deleting your cached files. Go to C:/users/[your user name]/AppData/Roaming/Sports Interactive/ and delete the Football Manager 2009 folder. I would actually move it somewhere else, rather than delete it for the moment (in case anything goes wrong so you can put it back) and make sure the game isn't running when you delete/move it. Make sure you don't delete the Football Manager 2009 Certificate folder.

No, deleting cache files doesn't work bigdunk. Just add --reset_preferences in the target box after the original text. Once the game has successfully launched, delete the --reset-preferences as it resets your preferences every time you load otherwise and you don't want to keep reloading your skin, facepacks etc.

Happy Gaming

Hamilton162

I know the reset_preferencess thing is the official advice, but clearing the cache has fixed this problem for me in the past. And he's unable to modify his shortcut anyway (try reading the thread next time maybe ;) )

Start-Click on your username-Organise-Folder and Search Options-"View" Tab-Show hidden Files and Folders-D.Click on the AppData folder-Roaming-Sports Interactive-Football Manager 2009-Cache Folder, R.Click and "Delete"

It is the same route for steam and uniloc install

Start-Click on your username-Organise-Folder and Search Options-"View" Tab-Show hidden Files and Folders-D.Click on the AppData folder-Roaming-Sports Interactive-Football Manager 2009-Cache Folder, R.Click and "Delete"

It is the same route for steam and uniloc install

i get as far as show hidden files and folder, then cant see the app data folder?

Archived