Fan reaction to player sales

We have a section in confidence for new signings, but we don't get any feedback on what the fans think of player sales. Shouldn't they judge us on our overall transfer policy rather than just the signings?

I would like to see the fans complaining when I sell the team's best player, or a fan favourite. And they could signal their approval if you sell a player they dislike.

Maybe you could be asked the reason for selling a player during a press conference, and it would have an effect on how the fans judge your decision.

It doesn't appear in the confidence section, but when you sell disruptive players you can get a message about fans being pleased he's gone. I have sold a couple of key players over the years and not seen the fans being unhappy about it though.

I've never had that. It's good that it can happen sometimes, but I think there should be a lot more feedback from the fans.

Maybe it could also give you the chance to say that a player you have bought is a replacement for one who you've sold, and the fans could give their opinion on whether he's an adequate replacement. That kind of thing might actually make press conferences worth-while.

That system exists in a roundabout way with players, if you sell some key players then others will get upset demand adequate replacements are signed etc. Although despite selling some key players no one has gotten upset with me, must be because any player who kicks off promptly gets sold and replaced lol.

I'm only suggestion more interaction through press conferences and the confidence screen which are already in the game.

For example maybe if you sell a fan favourite there would be something in the confidence section saying "the fans are unhappy about the sale of so-and-so."

Then at your next press conference you would be asked why you sold him, and you could give a reason such as "the club needed the money" or "he doesn't fit my plans for the team."

If the fans think your answer is a good reason to sell they might not be as unhappy about the sale, and it would say in the confidence section "although they are disappointed to see so-and-so go, the fans understand you decision."

You could also be asked if you will be signing a replacement, and you would be able to say "no, I am happy with the current squad," "I have already signed [select from drop down box] as his replacement" or "Yes, I intend to sign a replacement"

If you choose the last option they could ask you who you plan to sign, and if you refuse to tell them, they could wait till you sign someone and then ask if he's the replacement. Either way that player's little bar on the confidence section would be affected by whether the fans think he is an adequate replacement. If he doesn't play well, it might say something like "the fans don't think he is fit to lace so-and-so's boots."

Archived