FMH 09 Career Thread

After having a succesful career game previously on FMH09 i thought that it was time that Career games had its seperate thread for players to share their games and career experiences with one another.

A career game can be started with any club in any nation. You can have mutiple nations loaded. For instance if you take Fulham to the premiership title but get bored instead of retiring your game, resign, apply for manager vacancies and take that club up the leagues. Lots of games are with only one team this thread is for those who enjoy long term games taking all sorts of clubs to domestic or European success.

I would prefer updates to be season by season but if they are well presented and easy to read half yearly or monthly updates are welcome. Each update can have what you want in it as long as each section has a title to help the readers. To help readers aswell can posters please add a club history to their udpates for each season so we can monitor your progress easily. For example....

Season  |Club          |League          |Finished |Achievements
2012/13 |Norwich       |Championship    |12th     | FA Cup Semis

Good luck to any participants :thup:

As part of this idea to create the new Career Thread i started a new game last night.

Leagues loaded: Full England, France, Holland and Spain.

I took charge of a BSP club and immediately resigned to make me unemployed. Harsh to do this to a club i know but its the only way a game can be started without managing a club. I immediately began to apply for jobs. 2 seasons past as jobs became available and were taken by the more experienced managers. AFC Wimbledon and Telford did offer me a job but i rejected as both teams had no players.

Finally a job came up that was worth taking and getting onto that managerial ladder. Burton Albion had finished a poor 20th in the BSP and sacked their manager. I applied and the job was mine a week later. End of season update to come soon.

are you sure you are on the right forums mate?

its just there are already some threads like this here, where people write about their seasons

Yeh users have posted threads for their own personal games. This thread is here for other users to update their careers in one big thread. Over in the Challenges and Sign Ups thread there is one thread for Careers, not lots of little threads for each and every user. Give this thread some time and it can work.

Plus many of the threads i've read their game is with one club. Not club after club in one save game.

2010/11 - Burton Albion - Blue Square Premier

Board Expectation: Respectable League Position

Finished: 1st - Promoted to Coca Cola League

After a mediocre start we found our feet and charged to the top of the league after 15games. After an amazing 17 games run was ended in a 3rd Round Replay in the FA against Stoke we stuttered a little but managed to regain our composure, to go on another unbeaten run. We extended the gap at the top of the league to 12 points to allow us to breathe a little easier. We won the league with 6 games to go in the end and when we reached the magic 100 points mark we decided to forget how to win.

FA Cup: 3rd Round v Stoke

Setanta Shield: Runners Up v Crawly

FA Trophy: Winners v Stevenage

Transfers

We let 6 players go for good fee's. 160k recieved in total.

Holmes to Colchester - 26k

Morris to Grimsby - 28k

Banim to Millwall - 28k

Buxton to Tranmere - 35k

Corbett to Colchester - 30k

Goodfellow to Oldham - 14k

In came 11 players for a total of 145k.

Armstrong - Grays - Free

Butterfield -York - Free

Carroll - TNS - Free

Scott - Free

Smith - Kilmarnock - 40k

Konstantinidis - OFI - 18k

Russell - Altrinham - Free

Ward - Tamworth - 50k

Taylor - Altrinham - 10k

Lee - Stevenage - 10k

McGarry - Motherwell - 8k

Stats

Top Scorer: Harrad 37

Most Assists: Scott 14

Most MOM: Harrad 13

Highest Ave Rating: Harrad 7.42

Player of the Season: 16year old Matty Ward, signed from Tamworth in pre season settled in well and was immense. Playing in his favoured MC he excelled chipping in with 13 goals and 10 assists. I rejected a 500k bid from Bristol City for him already.

Goals for Next Season

• Achieve decent league position
  • Reduce wage budget

Season     |Club             |League         |Finished |Achievements
08/09      |Unemployed       |-              |-        |- 
09/10      |Unemployed       |-              |-        |-
10/11      |Burton           |BSP            |1st      |Fa Trophy Winners

• 2 weeks later...

2011/12 - Burton Albion - League 2

Board Expectation: Stay Clear of Relegation

Finished: 8th

FA Cup: 3rd Round v Bristol City

League Cup: 3rd Round v Chelsea

JPT: Semi Final v Millwall

Transfers

In:

Miller - Dundee, Free

Morris - Kettering, 50k

Kerr - Torquay, 22k

Out:

Webster - Barnsley, 30k

Baker - Darlington, 10k

James - Chester, Free

Deeney - Hereford, 10k

Stats

Top Scorer: Harrad 22

Most Assists: Konstantinidis 11

Most MOM: Harrad 7

Highest Ave Rating: Miller 7.24

Goals for Next Season

• Push for Play Off Place
  • Go on a Cup Run

2012/13 - Burton Albion - League 2

Board Expectation: Achieve Respectable League Position

Finished: 1st - Promoted to League One

FA Cup: 2nd Round v Plymouth

League Cup: First Round v Grimsby

JPT: Second Round v Brighton

Transfers

In:

Garner - Nottingham Forest, Free

Varela - Braga, Free

Gregory - Ebbsfleet, Free

Popov - CSKA Sofia, Free

Out:

McGrath - Plymouth, 35k

Stats

Top Scorer: Garner 35

Most Assists: Ward 7

Most MOM: Garner 14

Highest Ave Rating: Garner 7.56

Goals for Next Season

• Avoid Relegation
  • Cup Run Maybe?

One games into the new season with Burton, started well but Coventry came knocking. A step in the right direction for me and a good club to manage. I wasn't getting the financial backing from Burtons chairman after 2 promotions in 3 seasons. Coventry offered me that backing with 1million to spend on new players. They had the likes of Routledge and Beckford on their books.

11/12      |Burton           |League 2       |8th      |JPT Semi Finalists
12/13      |Burton           |League 2       |1st      |Prmoted to League 1
13/14      |Burton           |League 1       |-        |Left after 1 game for Coventry

2013/14 - Coventry City - Championship

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Finished: 11th

FA Cup: 4th Round v Bolton

League Cup: 1st Round v Plymouth

Transfers

In: (January, more financial backing was given)

Orlandi - AC Milan, Loan

Garner - Burton, 3mil

Schreuder - Doncastor, 1mil

O'Hara - Tottenham, 3mil

Coppola - Palermo, 1.8mil

Saunders - Burton, 6mil

Out:

Wright - Norwich, 275k

Stats

Top Scorer: Garner 13

Most Assists: Stenvenson 11

Most MOM: Westwood 11

Highest Ave Rating: Westwood 7.38

Goals for Next Season

• Achieve higher league position
  • Score more goals

2014/15 - Coventry City - Championship

Board Expectation: Title Challenge

Finished: 2nd - Promoted to the Premiership

FA Cup: Quarters v Chelsea

League Cup: 4th Round v Newcastle

Transfers

In:

Higgenbotham - Colchester, 800k

Asgeirsson - Valur, 150k

Janssen - Feyernoord, Free

Sinkiewicz - Barcelona, Free

Coda - Inter, Free

Ward - Burton, 1mil

Martinez - Espanyol, Free

Bayraktar - Fenerbahce, Free

Stats

Top Scorer: Garner 25

Most Assists: Ganer 7

Most MOM: Garner 10

Highest Ave Rating: Westwood7.17

Goals for Next Season

• Avoid Relegation
  • Avoid Relegation
  • Avoid Relegation

13/14      |Burton           |League 1       |-        |Left after 1 game for Coventry
13/14      |Coventry         |Championship   |11th     |-
14/15      |Coventry         |Championship   |2nd      |Promoted to Premieship

I am a little into my game but I will post a late update here and start to update it more regularly as I go.

The game I started was with Spain as the main country and Germany, England and Italy also loaded. I started out as lowly UD Marbella in Spains Division 2b4 and decided I wanted to win everything in the game.

Season 1 DIVISION 2B4 (1st)

In my first season I cruised to the division 2b4 title, however in Spain this doesnt mean promotion. The top 4 teams from all 4 Division 2s (A,B,C and D) all go into play offs and 4 teams from that go up. I went on to win my playoff section ad got that vital promotion place.

Season 2 - LIGA ADELANTE (1st)

In the summer before my 2nd season I was able to bring in several quality youngsters including Jack Wilshere and Eyal Golasa and these signings, along with several young spaniards, helped me once again run away with the league title.

Season 3 LIGA BBVA (12th)

First season in the top flight and I had a feeling we'd struggle. My squad was full of youngsters and probably had an average age of below 20. I stayed clear of relegation but this was the best I could manage and finished 12th. However, I secured several more quality players including Kostas Athanasiadis (kostas for future reference) a top class greek striker who I knew would go on to become a La Liga legend.

Season 4 LIGA BBVA (8th)

Season 4 started well and for a short while we sat on top of the table. But after the halfway point the depth of my squad began to tell and we struggled on to an 8th place finish and didn't even qualify for europe at all. Kostas scored 20 goals in his first season and was becoming a hero.

Season 5 LIGA BBVA (1st)

In my 5th seasons and MArbella's 3rd in la liga we shocked the mighty barcelona and real madrid by running away with the title. Our early season form simply blew the league away and new £16m signing Zdravko Kuzmanovic was awesome in the middle of midfield. We lost early in the spanish cup but it didnt matter as we won the title by 8 points.

Season 6 LIGA BBVA (2nd)

The following season was not so great, a few injuries cost us and barca won the title by a landslide over 10 points. We won nothing and our first champions league attempt was very poor. A sorry end to the season was made worse when I decided to sell the talismanic Kostas ro Real Madrid for an amazing £26m

Season 7 LIGA BBVA (1st, Champions Cup Winners)

My 7th season was my best to date so far inspite of the sale of Kostas. We stumbled through the first half of the season without playing too well but after the january transfer window we were still on for the treble. FInished up winning the title and the champions cup and lost the spanish cup final. I did have a personal highlight this season, I decided to splash out and bought Kostas back from Real for £32m and spent every penny avaliable.

Season 8 LIGA BBVA (1st, Spanish Cup Winners)

The team was slowly coming of age and this season we ran away with the league and cruised to the spanish cup. The team was becoming awesome and my work at Marbella was as good as done. The only thing keeping me there was the hunger for another champions cup which was destined never to happen. At the end of this season I decided it was time for a new challenge and I resigned and became manager of fallen serie a giants sampdoria.

New updates to follow shortly...

excellent update Jambo :thup:

My latest season has come to an end and has an added twist.

15/16 - Coventry City - Premiership

Board Prediction - Top Half Finish

Finished - 11th

FA Cup: 4th Round v Swansea

League Cup: Semi Finals v Man Utd (Lost on Pens)

Transfers In:

Javi Martinez - Athletic, 27.5m

Guilherme - Almeria, 7m

Proctor - Man Utd, Free

Mancini - Roma, Free

Wilshere - Arsenal, Free

Sanz - Racing, Free

Teixeira - Monaco, 22.5m

Pedro Villa - River, Free

Sammy Pele - Monaco, 20m

4 PLayers out for a combined 1m

Top Scorer: Garner 15

Most Assists: Pele 6

Most MOM: Garner 5

Ave Rating: Proctor 7.15

Unfortunately finishing that one place outside of the top half left the board no apparent choice and sacked me. Cheers. No jobs available at the moment but when the new season comes no doubt there will be a opening becoming available either in the premiership or abroad.

15/16      |Coventry         |Premiership    |11th     |Sacked. 

yeh slightly high though they were expecting with the money i spent. I was loitering around 17th before a back to back wins over Arsenal and Liverpool with Garner scoring 6 in those 2 games. We kicked on from there. Unlucky not to finish 8th ish. Lost to Chelsea after Garner missed a penalty in the opening minutes. things like that killed me.

1 and a half seasons after the Coventry sacking....

Finally found a job i wanted, i was offered just about every job in the BSP but didn't want to go back there. I wanted a Championship/Premiership or any foreign job. I Applied for anything and everything that was going but no luck. Then although it was League One, i was offered the Peterborough job at the end of Novemeber. I took it, but stupidly didn't look at their current position. They were bottom.

I was given a 2million Euro budget to help, so no idea why they were down there with those finances. I quickly arranged around a dozen new signings to bolster the squad from January onwards. We will need any help we can get....

15/16      |Coventry         |Premiership    |11th     |Sacked. 
16/17      |Unemployed       |-              |-        |-
17/18      |Peterborough     |League One     |-        |Took over in November

Season 9 Serie a 5th

Now managing sampdoria in serie a. As I first looked over my new team at Sampdoria I immediately realised why the board were only challenging me to avoid relegation. The squad was old and small and we didn't even have a decent striker. With only a 10m budget I decided I had to offload as many as I could and replace them with quality youngsters to build for the future. I managed to raise just over 20m from sales giving me £30m in total to spend. I brought in around 12 players all under the age of 19 for around 1m each and then went big on an old marbella player of mine, third choice centre forward Pablo Redondo, a spanish u21 international starlet. The season started well with me up in 2nd for a while but the lack of experience and depth took it's toll and disaster struck in january when my star Redondo injured his spine in training and was out for 10 months. We struggled home in 6th and qualified for the euro cup which all in all wasn't a bad first season in a new country.

Season 10 Serie a 6th

The following season I knew that once again we were never a realistic title contender so continued my policy of signing youngsters for the future. The team was starting to take shape and there were times during the season where I knew we were on the verge of something big. In the end we finished 6th and lost in the euro cup final but I was happy with the progress and was quietly confident that in the next season we could push on for major honours.

Season 11 Serie A 3rd place Euro Cup Winners

Season 11 started well and my team was seriously starting to look good. Again only the depth oy the squad cost us the scudetto and we finished up having to settle for 3rd place behined the 2 milan giants. The first major trophy of my Sampdoria time did arrive in the shape of the euro cup. We were favourites to win every game we had as we avoided any kind of big gun all the way through eventually winning the final against Galatasaray 5-1. The board started loosening off the old purse strings and I was given a bigger budget to strengthen and used this money on a quality serbian called Milan Marinkovic and then spent £30m on striker Mauro Motta who I signed a 17 year old for marbella, this was funded by selling PAblo Redondo back to MArbella for £21m as he simply hadn't worked out for us.

Season 12 Serie A 1st, Coppa Italia winners, Champions Cup Winners

The following season all of my 3 seasons hard work paid off hugely. Motta at centre forward was unstoppable and my midfield was outstading with the whole regular midfield having ave ratings of over 7.40. We crushed all opposition in all competitions this season eventually winning the champions cup 4-0 in a one sided final against Real Madrid having knocked out my old team marbella in the semis.

At the end of season 12 I brought in several new players spending £75m (sold a few to fund this) and I realised that the challenge was gone from Sampdoria and resigned days after signing a 19 year old goalie from Juventus for £39m. He had astonishing stats but I figured that when you get to the stage of spending that on a goalkeeper its time to move on.

I was quickly snapped up by Bayern Munich and for the first time in my career was to face the expectation of immediate success. The Bayern team was poor and filled with aging has beens like Philip Lahm (aged 34) and Lukas Podolski (aged 35ish with 1 for stamina) but I was given £22m and was convinced I could turn it around with a few shrewd signings of youngsters.

just one question Jambo, you resigned as Samp's Manager and Bayern offered you the manager sit or you just applied?? Because I have never been offered a job :( jajaja I have always the best reputation and much more manager points that the other ones ;(

Ther question.. is easier to find a job being unemployed ( I meant a good job ) or applying from the current team that we manage??

Regards and sorry for the interruption!!

o problem and no need for apologising for the interruption. I have always found in 09 that when you have won the champions cup once or twice you can pretty much get any job. In this case I applied fr BAyern but I have also been offered Man Utd, INter and AC Milan without applying. I dont think its about manager points at all, I think its based on what you've won and basically the champions cup if you want a huge club's job.

And to answer your question I think it is slightly easier getting a job if you are unemployed but not all that significantly so.

Ok! Thanks mate!!

My current career is as follows:

Team: OM

Leagues: Spain as main, France, England & Italy

First Season: We won League, France Cup and quarter finals of Champions League

Second Season: We were 2nds, we won both france's cups and semifinal of champions

Third season: We won league, both french cups and final of champions

Forth Season: We won league, both french cups and we won finally the Champions League!!

I used to play with a standard 4-1-3-2 with pretty good results but reading here I decided to change to Dazzel's tactic in the last season, and I had incredibels results, we just lost 1 game in the hole season! with an average of 2 goals x game and less than 0,25 goals received!

My team is:

Asenjo

Victor Sanchez Amorrebieta Metzelder Taiwo

Adu Camacho Ben Harfa Busquest Aquino

Torres

My reserves are quite goods ( Pato, Assulin, Hulk, Gomis, Fletcher... etc) Too much strikers if i mantain playing with OM i will sell at least 2 of them

This new season I don't know if resign and wait for a nice offer from a big team or play one more season with OM and win everything again and resign after the 5th season

Season 13 Bayern Munich German Premier League 1st, German Cup Winners, Champions Cup Winners

To be honest my success in this season shocked me as much as I have ever been shocked in FMH, my team was dire when I started and I could only afford youngsters to bolster the squad. Using my now public strategy for finding youngsters I uncovered serveral gems including a 16 year old english striker called stuart fox. Fox played almost every game and scored 27 goals in 42 games including a double in the champions league final only a few weeks after turning 17.

The german league is very weak and I ws basically top from start to finish but winning the champions cup was a great achievement.

Season 14 Bayern Munich, German Premier League 1st, German Cup winners, CHampions cup semi final

Again in season 14 we stormed away in the german league and cup double with my youngsters still driving us on. Fox scored over 30 at the age of 17 and was already an england international and another player I signed as a 17 year old Zoran Savic was pulling the strings in the midfield. We didn't compete so well in the champions cup and this confrimed my thoughts that we'd been lucky in the previous season to win the competition.

At the end of season 14 I knew it was time to move on and I resigned days after the final game. The world cup had taken place and the england manager had been dismissed and I jumped at the chance to take over having already worked with several english players I knew I had a chance of major success. After taking over in england I had intended to play a season or 2 as only international manager but out of the blue Juventus approached me and I decided I could take on both jobs at once.

Jambo, the reason is... because I'm Spanish :p

And I have the idea of make this a long term game, managing one of the best team in Europe and come back to Spain taking some team from 2ºB and making them the best team... I don't know... i'm a romantic jajajaja

And don't know why... but I like to fill my teams of Spanish... i'm a kind of benitez jajajaj

Well after work I played a little meanwhile I was making the meal xD

5th season

I resigned OM and applied for Spain national team... and they gave me the job!

This season there is no international competition, just qualifying games and some friendly matches, so the expectations of the board are not so high, just to have good results in the friendly games and of course we should qualify for the next World Championship.

I've a little "preocupation" I don't know if I should keep using 451 Dazzels Tactic or change for something with a little bit more of strikers, because Spain has some good strikers but they are not the kind of players that are recommended with Dazzel's tactic ( Bojan, Villa, Torres... are not so good headers). I migth change a little the formation, putting one of the DC as ST... don't know I'll keep you informed.

Regards

Well after work I played a little meanwhile I was making the meal xD

5th season

I resigned OM and applied for Spain national team... and they gave me the job!

This season there is no international competition, just qualifying games and some friendly matches, so the expectations of the board are not so high, just to have good results in the friendly games and of course we should qualify for the next World Championship.

I've a little "preocupation" I don't know if I should keep using 451 Dazzels Tactic or change for something with a little bit more of strikers, because Spain has some good strikers but they are not the kind of players that are recommended with Dazzel's tactic ( Bojan, Villa, Torres... are not so good headers). I migth change a little the formation, putting one of the DC as ST... don't know I'll keep you informed.

Regards

You should try out the bugels 4-3-3 :thup:

Good to see more forum users posting in this thread. Thanks.

As i said before i forgot to save my game and lost 2 seasons plus of gaming so have decided to start a new game.

Selected Spain as full leagues, Portugal, Holland and Belgium.

I started the game and then resign to become unemployed. I then holidayed for a season for clubs to be promoted. Then applied for just about everything that was available. The first club to respond was MVV, i accpeted and set about building a squad. We had

850k to spend, but with a squad full of greys that wouldn't be enough.

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Finished: 17th (18) Relegated via Playoffs

Dutch Cup: 3rd Round v Be Quick '28

Transfers In:

Amarito - Melilla, 200k

Paulinho - Trofense, 150k

Figeuiro - Cricuma, 150k

Kalonas - Bohemians, 75k

Carlos - Cadiz, 70k

Baynon - Tubize, 50k

Yerba - Universidad LP, 50k

Hugo Luz - Vaslui, 50k

Ustari - Getafe, Loan

Borja - Atletico B, Loan

Plus 9 Freebies

Top Scorer: Figueiro, 8

Most Assists: Kalonas, 5

Most MOM: Ustari, 7

Ave Rating: Ustari, 7.42

Relegated = Sacked. Yay.

Season |Club                            |League                     |Finished               |Achievements
08/09  |Unemployed (Holidayed)          |-                          |-                      |-
09/10  |MVV                             |Dutch Eridivisie           |17th                   |Relegated

Waited for the new season to begin before applying for any new jobs, many came and went. Sangonera Atletico CF was a last resort somewhat but at least they had a team of players that i could build upon. Lets see what happens this season.

Season 15 Juventus, Serie A 2nd, EURO Cup Winners

My first season as JUventus manager was a tough one. The team wasn't great and I was forced to make 2 huge signings and then sell off a lot of decent players to buy in a batch of future stars. The result was that my team were all under 21 for most games but we still battled away and done well. I bought an 18 year old spanish goalkeeper with almost all green stats for 7.5m, a german midfielder whom I had managed at MArbella for £30m and then I also signed stuart fox, my english superstar I had signed at BAyern MUnich. We had a few good runs where I almost thought we could win the scudetto in my first season but it wasn't to happen and we had to settle for champions league qualification and success in the euro cup.

My carrer as England manager started well with Stuart Fox banging in goals galore for me, we won every game in qualifying and were looking awesome.

SO at the halway point in my career I have won the champions league with 3 different clubs and won everything domestically in 3 out of my 4 nations. Only England to go so my plan is to play another season at Juventus and try to win a 4th champions league and win the euro's with england and then move to england at one of the big clubs.

2010/11 - Sangonera Atletico - Second Division B2

Board Expectations: Stear Clear of Relegation

Finished: 13th of 20

Spanish Cup: 4th Round v Celta

Transfers In:

Mondejor - Free

Pelletey - Free

Zonneveld - Loan

Morales - Loan

Cerda - Loan

Veerneek - Heracles, Loan

Top Scorer: Elias, 17

Most Assists: Ivan Lopez, 10

Most MOM: Ivan Lopez, 6

Ave Rating: Goyo, 7.13

A pleasing season overall, a great cup run for such a low reputation club helped with finances and beating Gimnastic on the way was fantastic. Old timer Elias was the proven goal scorer of old with 15 league goals.

2011/12 - Sangonera Atletico - Second Division B2

Board Expectations: Battle Bravely against Relegation

Finished: 1st - Lost in Promotion Semi Final v Girona

Strangely no Spanish Cup this season.

Transfers Out:

Summer Signings were sold due to the Big Club Release Clause; they were,

Pinedo - AA Gent, 1.1m

Victor Diaz - Almeria, 950k

Suarez Santos - Sporting, 275k

Ion Echaide - Albacete, 750k

Other season sales were,

Ramos - Marbella, 14k

Rangel - Eiber, 40k

Pelletey - Melilla, 40k

Aloisio - Lugo, 40k

+ 2 players released.

Those sales funded the many purchases i made,

Transfers In:

Perotti - Sevilla, Free

Moscardo - Las Palmas, Free

Franck - Xerez, Free

Cedrola - Tupi, 220k

Goran Maric - Barcelona, 525k

Jonker - VVV, 300k

Valdes - Merida, 50k

Calderon - Sporting, 120k

Easton - Hamilton, 220k

Blanco - Palencia, 150k

Bruins - Excelsior, 75k

Meijas - Sociedad, 150k

Kalonas - MVV, 150k

Zonneveld - Utrecht, Free

Top Scorer: Maric, 21

Most Assists: Perotti, 16

Most MOM: Maric, 8

Ave Rating: Maric, 7.51

We achieved more than i ever expected, our promotion slip up was possibly down to Maric and his 2 month injury he suffered, he was on real form although Franck slotted in well to help us out. Maybe next season then.

Season |Club                            |League                     |Finished               |Achievements
08/09  |Unemployed (Holidayed)          |-                          |-                      |-
09/10  |MVV                             |Dutch Eridivisie           |17th                   |Relegated
10/11  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |13th                   |4th Round Spanish Cup
11/12  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Lost Promotion Playoff Semi Final

2012/13 - Sangonera - Second Div B2

This season i rejected job offers from the following teams, Girona, Alcoyona, Hospitalet, Denia, Leganes, Alcoron, Marino, Terrassa, Ontinyent, Cartagena, Lanzarote and Barakaldo.

Board Expectations: Stear Clear of Relegation - board obviously don't expect much of me and the team

Finished: 1st - Promoted to Liga Adelante

Semis v Castellon - 4-3 on aggregate

FINAL v Alcala - 6-1 on aggregate

Transfers In:

Sergio Busquets - Barcelona, Free

Henk Schilder - RBC, 75k

Victor Arana - 12 de Octobre, 60k

Gregory Cisse - Le Mans, Loan

Kees Zonneveld - Utrecht, Free

Juan Manuel Rivas - Racing, Free

GergQ Molnar - Gyori ETO, Free

Joaquin Castillo - Hospitalet, Free

Nolito - Barcelona, 350k

Out:

5 for a combined - 140k, Plus 3 Released.

Top Scorer: Perotti, 14

Most Assists: Perotti, 19

Most MOM: Perotti, 7

Ave Rating: Perotti, 7.57

We finished top of the league by a massive 26points. Shame we have to go through the Promotion Playoffs but its a must and i'm very glad we managed to win the semis and final this time round.

10/11  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |13th                   |4th Round Spanish Cup
11/12  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Lost Promotion Playoff Semi Final
12/13  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Promoted to Liga Adelante

Continuing the 5th season

AC Milan offered me the job, I found an old team who has not win the league in the last 4 season, so the people want us as champions of Serie A, I sold oldies and bought new blood and we signed Fernando Llorente ( he was going to be our goal machine) and Sergio Ramos, they and Kaka were the top players of the team, performing a gorgeus season.

The result of this season was the first place in Serie A, semifinals of Italian Cup & quarter finales of Champions League, we were defeated by my old team OM who were finalist of the champions but the winner was Liverpool.

My career as Spanish manager was much better than expected, we won every game, with an average of 4.5 goals per game ( the truth is that our qualifying group was quite easy Malta, Latvia, Greece, Ukranie, Georgia and Serbia) I finally didn't change the tactic and continued using 451 as tactic

2013/14 - Sangonera - Liga Adelante

Suprisingly no job offers this season, maybe those managerless teams knowing that i would not step down or make a move from the team i have built from scratch.

Board Expectations: Battle Bravely Against Relegation

Finished: 2nd - Promoted to Liga BBVA

Spanish Cup: 5th Round v Osasuna (3-2 agg)

Transfers In:

Andy Walker - Middlesborough, 425k

Ruben de la Fuente - Melilla, Free

Garcia Martinez - Sant Andreu, Free

Joaquim Fernandez - Botafogo, Free

Iker Ferrer - Cordoba, Free

Gregory Cisse - Le Mans, Free

Out:

Kalonas - Boavista, 180k

+ 2 others for pittance.

Top Scorer: Nolito, 28

Most Assists: Perotti, 25

Most MOM: Nolito, 14

Ave Rating: Jonker, 7.54

Another fantastic season for Sangonera, which see's us promoted for the second season running. Life in La Liga will be tough but i firmly think that my team is capable of beating the drop with the players i have and the few additions i will make in the future season. Nolito was on fire this season, if he can score half as many in La Liga i will be a happy man. Perotti seemed to concentrate more on setting up goals than scoring them, mainly due to the lack of penalties we were awarded. Jonker was solid at the back conceding 39 goals in 42 matches, he is attracting interest from some top European sides but i keep knocking back their shoddy bids.

Unfortunately my first choice CB; Rivas is out for 13 months with cruciate ligament damage, so a replacement will need to be found.

12/13  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Promoted to Liga Adelante
13/14  |Sangonera                       |Liga Adelante              |2nd                    |Promoted to Liga BBVA

2014/15 - Sangonera - Liga BBVA

Another season completed with Sangonera and a average one at that we achieved what i had expected of the team and grabbing a few more places up the table than i thought i would capped the season off well.

Board Expectations: Stear Clear of Relegation

Finished: 13th of 20

Spanish Cup: Qtr Final v Real Madrid (2-0 agg)

Transfers In:

Fabein Cavalli - Marsielle, 875k

Juan Manuel Cerda - Sportivo Luqueno, 725k

Carles Salas - Real Madrid, 300k

Enrique Mesa - Deportivo Rionegro, 250k

Out:

Andy Walker - Alaves, 650k

Anotonio Nove - Released

Top Scorer: Nolito, 5

Most Assists: Garcia Martin, 4

Most MOM: 4 players, 2

Ave Rating: Jonker, 7.04

We did what was needed and survived the season in La Liga it was tough, our form was variable and we found it tough to score goals. Hopefully the experience gained from the season and a few new additions will enable us to claim a mid tabled spot next season. I also need to find a first eleven that i can stick to, performance wise no players stood out from the crowd, i will be looking for a few players to put performances in week in week out next season.

13/14  |Sangonera                       |Liga Adelante              |2nd                    |Promoted to Liga BBVA
14/15  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |13th                   |Qtr Finals of Spanish Cup

Took over at Annan Athletic in the Scottish Third Division with England, Italy and Spain also loaded. (Restricting Bosman siginings to wage demands within 2 x current maximum wage).

1st Season - Annan Athletic - Third Division - 1st, Challenge Cup

Even for the Scottish Third Division this squad was bad, but luckily a £1,000pw maximum wage allowed me to sign a few better players. Using my St.Dazzle's 4-5-1 we won the league undefeated, and surprisingly won the Challenge Cup beating St.Johnstone on penalties in the final. Unsurprisingly we went out early in both the Scottish and League Cups. With my £2,000pw max wage for Bosman signings I lined up a whole new team for next season.

Well done St Dazzle :thup: i have previously thought about playing a game with Scotland loaded, whats the player quality and league competition like?

Just started the new season with Sangonera. Looking forward to it, but only found one suitable new signing.

2nd Season - Annan Athletic - Second Division - 1st, Challenge Cup, Scottish Cup.

An amazing season for Annan! Div 2 champions, defended the Challenge Cup and won the Scottish Cup putting us into Europe next season. Lost on penalties in League Cup second round, but have only lost two games (League and Scottish Cups last season) after two years in charge. Biggest surprise was my striker Chris Porter winning World Player of the Year!! From 45 games he scored 72 goals with 16 assists and a season average of 9.28! I think this shows how easy the Scottish Leagues are. Even after promotion my max wage fell to £975pw, resulting in my max Bosman wage being £1,950pw. A few new siginings lined up for the summer, but still no transfer funds available. Bring on the Euro Cup!

2014/15 - Sangonera - Liga BBVA

Board Expectations: Stear Clear of Relegation (Board have no ambition still)

Finished: 12th of 20

Spanish Cup: 4th Round v Athletico (1-0 agg)

Transfers In:

Thomas Moller - SonderjyskE, 500k

Jorge Rodriguez Villamuela - Aguilas, 600k

Juan da Dios Dominguez - Roquetas, 500k

Albert Valiente - Denia, 200k

Samuel Delgado - Levante, Free

Transfers Out:

Maric - Leganes, 45k

Top Scorer: Moller, 16

Most Assists: Joaquim Fernandes 6

Most MOM: Moller, 8

Ave Rating: Moller, 7.41

We used our experience well this season to grind out the results and score a few more goals this season. Purely down to Moller though, we still need to find some goalscoring midfielders as well as who can assist in goals. We need an Ole Gunnar Solskjaer type of player.

Again far too many draws, 20 in total, at one point we had 8 in a row. The board seemed dissappointed with our performance even though we did better than last season. We only lost 9 games all season, 2 less than 3rd placed Barcelona and half as many than Deportivo who finished 1 point above me but they only had 6 draws.

2016/17 - Sangonera - Liga BBVA

Board Expectations: Stay Clear of Relegation again!

Finished: 8th

Spanish Cup: Winners v Gimnastic (2-0)

Transfers In:

Eduardo Martins - Leixoes, 15m

Verbeek - Heracles, Free

Grosso - Inter, Free

Transfers Out:

Busquets - Castellon, 375k

Easton, Moscado, Calderon, Franck, Cedrola and Nolito all to Tenerife for 2.7m

Perotti - Sporting, 2.1m

Cerda - West Ham, 4.6m

Blanco - Levante, 800k

Zonneveld - Almeria, 5.75m

Top Scorer: Moller, 11

Most Assists: Verbeek, 11

Most MOM: Jonker, 9

Ave Rating: Jonker, 7.48

A great season for Sangonera. Spanish Cup winners means we're in Europe for the first time in my 7 season career with them. We managed to find a second goalscorer, Delgado who scored 10 goals. Not bad but i expect more from him this coming season. Those dozen players sold paid for Eduado Martins and i've already rejected a 40mil bid for him from Sevilla.

14/15  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |13th                   |Qtr Finals of Spanish Cup
15/16  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |12th                   |-
16/17  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |8th                    |Spanish Cup Winners

I have played a lot of seasons since my last update so i'm going to do a really quick basic update for my next few seasons all in one go.

Season 16 Juventus Serie a winners, champions cup runners up. England knocked out on pens to czech republic in european championships

Season 17 Juventus Serie 2nd, Coppa Italia WInners, CHampions Cup Winners

After winning a 4th champions cup with another different club I decided to move on to England and was given the Man City job.

Season 18 Man City Premier League winners, League Cup winners

The City squad ws already very strong and my only signings were 3 youngsters I had previously taken to Bayern Munich. The league was surprisingly easy but I knew that at the end of the season I would have to strengthen greatly to try to win the champions cup.

Also this season I lead england into the world cup and again we lost on penalties in the semi final. I resigned after the world cup as I was pretty upset about the result and letting down the nation.

The season ended and the clubs finances changed to bankrupt without any warning and my budget was only 3.5m. This was not acceptable for a manager of my calibre and I immediately resigned as the main trophy I have been chasing for years was the champions cup and that was the one I was aiming for.

It didnt take long before Real Madrid came calling and with a massive £300m transfer kitty I set about creating a real dynasty with the biggest club i'd managed so far.

3rd Season - Annan Athletic - First Division - 1st, Challenge Cup, League Cup.

Another good season for Annan. Won the league easily and managed to retain Challenge Cup for third year running, can't defend it next year as will be in the Premier League. Won the League Cup leaving the Premier league title as the only Scottish Competition left to win. Knocked out in Scottish Cup Semi by Celtic so no unprecedented Scottish Quadruple. A couple of injuries kept Chris Porter down to 34 appearances, but he still managed to bag 54 goals. Our Euro Cup hopes faded in the third round to Udinese, but still pleased with this as all our players are on £2,000pw or less. Max wage increased to £1,500pw this season so Bosman budget upto £3,000pw, but still no transfer funds available. Also became Portugal Manager this season so expect to push for international honours. (Unlocked Sugar Daddy in January and turned it down).

3rd Season - Annan Athletic - First Division - 1st, Challenge Cup, League Cup.

Another good season for Annan. Won the league easily and managed to retain Challenge Cup for third year running, can't defend it next year as will be in the Premier League. Won the League Cup leaving the Premier league title as the only Scottish Competition left to win. Knocked out in Scottish Cup Semi by Celtic so no unprecedented Scottish Quadruple. A couple of injuries kept Chris Porter down to 34 appearances, but he still managed to bag 54 goals. Our Euro Cup hopes faded in the third round to Udinese, but still pleased with this as all our players are on £2,000pw or less. Max wage increased to £1,500pw this season so Bosman budget upto £3,000pw, but still no transfer funds available. Also became Portugal Manager this season so expect to push for international honours. (Unlocked Sugar Daddy in January and turned it down).

Great tale! This is how I like to play. I'm in my fourth season with Torquay United. First season I made it through the BSP playoffs into L2. Second season I made it to the semi of the Johnson's Paint trophy, which is my only sniff at cup glory so far - I have a *terrible* cup record! Finished in the playoffs again, lost the 1st leg 2-0. Went 3-0 up in the 2nd leg only to concede two late goals. Devastated.

Third season, I finished 3rd in L2, winning automatic promotion to L1. Currently leading in L1 after getting some incredible youths come through my youth system including a rock solid centre-back and an AM/F R/L/C who I play in the middle of midfield, where he has become my highest goal scorer so far this season. I'm 36 games in, and just hitting a mediocre patch of form at the wrong time. Hoping I can hang in there to win L1 and gain automatic promotion to the championship. Total wage budget is 14k, my highest earner is my right winger, Clement Grenier on 1.5k who I signed on a free form Lyon whilst in L2. I only have 5 players earning more than a grand!

2017/18 - Sangonera - Liga BBVA

Board Expectations: Stear Clear of Relegation yet again

Finished: 4th of 20

Spanish Cup: Winners v Barcelona (3-1)

Spanish Super Cup: Runners Up v Barcelona (3-1 agg)

UEFA Cup: Winners v Hamburg (2-0)

[i]First Round[/i]   v Hertha Berlin   W3-2 agg

[i]Group Stage[/i]   v CRF Cluj        W1-0
             v Fenerbahce      W2-0
             v PSG             W4-0
             v Grasshoppers    W1-0

[i]Second Round[/i]  v Timisoara       W4-1 agg

[i]Third Round[/i]   v Stabaek         W4-0 agg

[i]Qtr Final[/i]     v Shaktar         W4-0 agg

[i]Semi Final[/i]    v Arsenal         W3-0 agg

[i]Final[/i]         v Hamburg         W2-0 agg

Transfers In:

Miguel Angelo Costa - Beira-Mar, 11.5m

Sergio Emanuelson - ADO Den Haag, Free

Transfers Out:

Valdes - Hercules, 75k

Top Scorer: Moller, 23

Most Assists: Delgado, 14

Most MOM: Moller, 8

Ave Rating: Moller, 7.50

A better season from Sangonera, we won two trophies which the board were particularly pleased with. Going unbeaten in Europe was quite amazing and with the 4th place in the league means we've entered the Champions League.

Moller won Spanish player of the year and Delgado won Young Spanish player of the year.

15/16  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |12th                   |-
16/17  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |8th                    |Spanish Cup Winners
17/18  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |4th                    |Spanish Cup Winners/UEFA Cup Winners

4th Season - Annan Athletic - Premier League - 1st. Portugal - Euro 2012 - Runner-Up.

After three successive promotions Annan became Scottish Champions easily winning the Premier League. Runners-up in the Scottish Cup and a disappointing exit on penalties in the League Cup saw no cup trophies won this season. Wage budget £3,200, so Bosman budget upto £6,400. Still no big named players signed as yet. Transfer funds were made available for the first time so started buying the future stars. Having now won every Scottish competition I'm looking to win the Champions Cup with Annan before moving on. Bring on the Champions Cup!

The Portuguese FA expected to reach at least the quarter-finals of Euro'12, which we surpassed by making the final. France took the trophy 1-0 with a 119th minute penalty, making me suffer my first defeat as Portugal manager. Bring on the World Cup 2014!

2018/19 - Sangonera - Liga BBVA

Board Expectations: Achieve Cup Sucess and attain a respectable league position

Finished: 2nd

Spanish Cup: Semi Final v Villarreal (4-3 agg)

Spanish Super Cup: Runners Up v Sevilla (4-1 agg)

Champions League: Semi Final v Porto (Away goals 1-1)

Transfers In:

Stephen Smith - Everton, 9m

Ramon Rios - Sporting, 2.5m

Christian Rueda - Levante, Free

Transfers Out:

GergQ Molnar - Mallorca, 4.7m

Top Scorer: Emanuelson, 21

Most Assists: Garcia Martin, 17

Most MOM: Emanuelson, 11

Ave Rating: Emanuelson, 7.50

We were unlucky in all competitions really. We managed to beat all the big teams in the league. Espanyol and Malaga were out bogey teams this season. We were defeated on away goals in Europe which annoys me.

17/18  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |4th                    |Spanish Cup Winners/UEFA Cup Winners
18/19  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |2nd                    |Semis of Spanish Cup and Champions League

Well done St Dazzle :thup:

How many goals did Porter get that season? Whats his overall app/goals tally now?

In his final season for Annan he scored 25 in 34 games taking his total to 151 goals in 114 games, averaging 1.32 gpg.

Sold him end of season to Bolton for £3.5m as had decent youngsters coming through.

Archived